I think Elway and Fox are Smart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    You realize that defenses play a role in blowouts too, right? Are we supposed to take away the blowouts from last year's team, too? And in what way are we improved significantly? The stats certainly won't show it, because we still suck.

I think that at best we've improved from abominable to abhorrent. Not much of a difference, really.
    No but like all statistics outliers are taken into account. They should be here. Overall they have been improved. Really not debatable.

9 straight 3 and outs by an offense usually doesn't help a defense.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      No but like all statistics outliers are taken into account. They should be here. Overall they have been improved. Really not debatable.

9 straight 3 and outs by an offense usually doesn't help a defense.
      The defense has played the same exact amount of snaps per game as last year's team. Anything else?

Comment

The defense has played the same exact amount of snaps per game as last year's team. Anything else?
        Haha. Already through 6 games

Are you really going to argue that 9 straight 3 and outs isn't bad for a defense Man and we all thought Orton was a bad 3rd down quarterback.

Comment

Sorry 7 .

Comment

I red your post wrong.

Comment

Haha. Already through 6 games

Are you really going to argue that 9 straight 3 and outs isn't bad for a defense Man and we all thought Orton was a bad 3rd down quarterback.
              3 n outs are just as bad for this year's defense as they were for last year's defense. And you realize that snaps per game means, uhh.. per game, right?

Oh yeah... And our 3rd % this year is 2% better than last year's, so what's the difference?

Comment

I red your post wrong.
                3 n outs are just as bad for this year's defense as they were for last year's defense. And you realize that snaps per game means, uhh.. per game, right?
                Hence I said I red your post wrong.

But I do not think last years offense had 9 straight 3 and outs.

And by the way last year is your only thing to support the god awful pathetic play which is this offense and 9 straight 3 and outs.

You cannot even admit that 9 straight 3 and outs is pathetic

Comment

Hence I said I red your post wrong.

But I do not think last years offense had 9 straight 3 and outs.

And by the way last year is your only thing to support the god awful pathetic play which is this offense and 9 straight 3 and outs.

You cannot even admit that 9 straight 3 and outs is pathetic
                  Of course it is. Only problem is I was talking about us not having any defensive improvement. Our 3rd down % this year is slightly better than last years, and our snaps per game are the same. So that's even footing for both defenses.

So how is this year's defense better than last year's? 3 n outs suck, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how Fox hasn't even improved our defense much at all, and he's supposed to be a "defensive" coach.

Comment

Oh yeah... And our 3rd % this year is 2% better than last year's, so what's the difference?
                    Maybe, Just Maybe the defense would not be as gassed if they did not let the Lions dominate them on every drive in the first half.

The defense stunk - worse than the offense in the first half, and that is quite scary. The offense did put together one great drive - defense did not stop anything.

Comment

Of course it is. Only problem is I was talking about us not having any defensive improvement. Our 3rd down % this year is slightly better than last years, and our snaps per game are the same. So that's even footing for both defenses.

So how is this year's defense better than last year's? 3 n outs suck, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how Fox hasn't even improved our defense much at all, and he's supposed to be a "defensive" coach.
                      Yeh the offense started off the season with Orton as top 5 on 3rd downs.

Yes this defense is improved. Not against the pass but against the run most definatly.

Both wins this year you could say are on the defense. The run defense is so much better. The fact that you do see much improvment at all is strange. The run d is so much better.

The defense has kept us in multiple games. The offense has faultered in almost every game.

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                      Maybe, Just Maybe the defense would not be as gassed if they did not let the Lions dominate them on every drive in the first half.

The defense stunk - worse than the offense in the first half, and that is quite scary. The offense did put together one great drive - defense did not stop anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

They got the offense the ball back with chance and the O faultered. Story of the year.

Comment

Yeh the offense started off the season with Orton as top 5 on 3rd downs.

Yes this defense is improved. Not against the pass but against the run most definatly.

Both wins this year you could say are on the defense. The run defense is so much better. The fact that you do see much improvment at all is strange. The run d is so much better.

The defense has kept us in multiple games. The offense has faultered in almost every game.
                          So run defense is a little better, and pass defense is slightly worse. Looks like it's close to a wash, to me. I think we're a teeny weeny bit improved overall, but still awful, which really doesn't add up to much, at the end of the day. The defense kept us in some games last year, too, which we ended up losing anyway. It seems like every excuse or explanation you've used in favor of this defense applies equally to last year's.

Comment

Working...
                          X