Fox haven't ruled out Quinn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox haven't ruled out Quinn...

Coach John Fox didn't rule out turning to Brady Quinn if Tim Tebow gets benched.
    The Broncos may not want to turn back to Kyle Orton, who already flubbed his chance as the starter. "[Quinn has] shown flashes in our practice and [preseason] games, so right now we're in the process of finding out who the quarterback is and we'll leave it at that," Fox said. If given a chance, Quinn projects to be even less effective than Orton was.

Related: Kyle Orton

Source: Associated Press Nov 1 - 8:38 AM
    sigpic

Turning to a disappointing notre dame QB? This season is getting to be more and more like the 2010 panthers.

Comment

Not sure what exactly has to happen for us to give up a 3rd for Quinn to play but I am pretty sure it will never happen.

No reason to give up a 3rd for a tryout on a QB who is probably not going to succeed in this horrible offense and is a free agent at years end.

Why we went into this season with three QBs not good enough to win games in the NFL is one of the worst decisions I have seen the Broncos make. There are worse decisions but this one was up there.
      Let's Ride!

Comment

Why should he rule out Quinn? We have 3 QBs on the roster so why rule out one of them? Makes no sense, doesn't mean that you gotta start them. Two weeks ago Quinn was our #2 QB, don't know a reason why we should say "Well, he'll NEVER start here in Denver!"
        sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

Not that it means anything, but Woody paige confirmed Tebow will play out the rest of the season. Take it for what it's worth.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
            Coach John Fox didn't rule out turning to Brady Quinn if Tim Tebow gets benched.
            The Broncos may not want to turn back to Kyle Orton, who already flubbed his chance as the starter. "[Quinn has] shown flashes in our practice and [preseason] games, so right now we're in the process of finding out who the quarterback is and we'll leave it at that," Fox said. If given a chance, Quinn projects to be even less effective than Orton was.

Related: Kyle Orton

Source: Associated Press Nov 1 - 8:38 AM
            and who said there was nothing to look forward to tis season
            A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

I hope Quinn plays. Then it'll show who's the real problem here. I've said it before and I'll say it again...while Kyle Orton isn't a "great" QB, he's 10x better than how he played earlier this year. Same with Tebow and how he's playing. This system is set-up for QB failure. These coaches are stuck in 1995.

Comment

Thing is there is a double advantage to strat TT until the end of the year:

1-he should have the time to properly show what he can/cannot do and should have the time to get up to speed with the game. In reality it gives the FO a real look into what he is as a Qb and what to do with him next year (keep him at Qb/switch position/trade/release....)

2.1-If he does get up to speed and finally looks like a Qb throwing (let's face it right now he's not looking good) then the FO might give him a longer look next year and draft something else than a Qb in the 1st

2.2-if he does bomb and continues to look like he did the last two weeks the fans will stop chanting for him as the Qb and this will make the life of the FO much easier going foward with the rebuild. They will have given to the fans what they wanted now they will manage as they see fit and the fans will follow

So in either case it's a win-win situation for the FO to start TT until the end for TT and the FO
                Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

remember guys this is a business masquerading as a sport...TT is cash in pocket so he will play out the rest of the year..

Comment

Originally posted by RealityChiTown View Post
                    remember guys this is a business masquerading as a sport...TT is cash in pocket so he will play out the rest of the year..
                    Cash in pocket? Let's see how full Sports Authority is when we keep getting blown out by 35.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Cash in pocket? Let's see how full Sports Authority is when we keep getting blown out by 35.
                      Fans were already booing LOUDLY by the end of the 2nd half WITH Tim Tebow in the game.

It's not going to take a whole lot for the Tebow faithful to turn their backs on him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        Fans were already booing LOUDLY by the end of the 2nd half WITH Tim Tebow in the game.

It's not going to take a whole lot for the Tebow faithful to turn their backs on him.
                        I guess that poster is right though. If all of Tebow's starts at home are like that, alcohol sales will be through the roof.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Forget Quinn we need every pick possible. Let Tebow play the rest of the year and if he doesn't get better we will have another top 5 pick again and draft Jones or Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

Well, there's the Broncos faithful who want Tebow to succeed, as not having to get another QB would be ideal - I count myself in this group. However, I (and the vast majority of the Bronco faithful) are much more tied and emotionally invested in the team - NOT Tebow. If he is not going to be a solid starting QB, it does nothing for the team to commit to Tebow. Once I've seen enough to make my judgement, I will advocate going another direction - much as I did with Orton.

Then you have the Tebow faithful. These are those that are fans of the player. I have no problem with that, people can be fans of whoever or whatever they want. I don't think one type of fan is superior to another. That said, the Tebow faithful are very, very vocal. I've seperated the player from his fans - I don't hold Tebow accountable for how his fans act. These will not turn their back on Tebow, in fact, if he ends up being traded or cut, these will blame the Broncos and the staff for any of his failures. I'd suspect many (not all, but many) will turn from Bronco "fans" to despising the organization.

So, I don't think the Tebow faithful with turn on him - but I can see the Bronco faithful doing so, if he doesn't deliver. It's a shame to, as so many expectations the Bronco faithful have, many unreasonable (including my own), are largely due to the vocality of the Tebow faithful. They have hurt the object of their attention much more than helped him.

Comment

The fans in Denver are impatient, A couple more games like the last one and they will be calling for heads to roll. I can guarantee that Tebow will go before any of the coaches. Tebow will need to go into Oakland and pull out a win to save his job for another week.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X