Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you think we have had so many blowouts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you think we have had so many blowouts ?

The last few years we have had more blowout losses than anyone. How can STL beat the Saints, MIA play NY so close away and we get blown out at home to Detroit ?

We had that horrific loss at home to OAK last year, we were losing by alot at home to SD this year and also the DET game.

I'm not claiming we are a playoff caliber team but there is alot of talent and they are not scrubs.

Bailey and Goodman, Dawk and R Moore (drafted in round 2), DJ, Mays, Von Miller, Doom, Bunkley, Royal, Decker (Who's looked good), DT (Alot of success in college, round one pick).

Regarding the drafted players I know being drafted high doesn't mean success but it shows they came into the league with alot of talent.

KC beat SD at home last night, I don't really see the Chiefs as having much more talent than we do, although they have a 'stable' QB, and they are 4-3.

When OAK beat us they did not have loads more talent player wise.

Like I said, I'm not saying we are playoff caliber but certainly capable of playing teams tough, this is not a team of scrubs.

Most of our blowouts are at home which is interesting.

Do you think its a case of having certain parts but needing the QB and when we get a good QB then you will see our weapons being used and showing their skills and the offense will open up. Once we can sustain drives and give the D a lead then maybe that will help them alot ?

We don't have the talent or coaching to keep up with other teams.

Comment

probably because we are really bad
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
        We don't have the talent or coaching to keep up with other teams.
        Disagree, If we would of lost by 10 then I would see your point but we should not of lost by 35.

I know alot of people will just say we suck, which I'm not really disagreeing with, but we should be playing teams closer.

STL did not have more talent on the field Sunday yet found a way to win, Miami haven't won a game yet almost beat the Giants in their field. The Cards should of won in BALT.

It just seems that when it starts to go wrong for us it tends to spiral out of control quickly.

Comment

IMO, it's because we don't have any play makers, particularly FAST play makers, on either O or D.

We are a team with a bunch of average players. I don't think we have many real bad starters, but pretty much every player is average.

And a team full of average players will be a bad team due to match ups. You can't have average players match up with good and great players and expect them to win their individual battles.

People on this forum talk alot about scheme, but every once in a while a player has to make a big play on his own. We just don't have those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
            IMO, it's because we don't have any play makers, particularly FAST play makers, on either O or D.

We are a team with a bunch of average players. I don't think we have many real bad starters, but pretty much every player is average.

And a team full of average players will be a bad team due to match ups. You can't have average players match up with good and great players and expect them to win their individual battles.

People on this forum talk alot about scheme, but every once in a while a player has to make a big play on his own. We just don't have those guys.
            I kinda agree we lack playmakers.

When I see a team with a good or even solid QB the whole O opens up and you see 4/5 receivers making plays and 2 TE's step up. I think we have some good talent but maybe just need a QB to open things up and really utilize our talents

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

YET!

i think decker is becoming one, hes faster than he appears and his TD was really just a nice play by him would have had 2 huge TDs if tebow could hit the broad side of a barn and another that was a tough call on that first drive

DT if he stays healthy might be one, everyone else is meh
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                YET!

i think decker is becoming one, hes faster than he appears and his TD was really just a nice play by him would have had 2 huge TDs if tebow could hit the broad side of a barn and another that was a tough call on that first drive

DT if he stays healthy might be one, everyone else is meh
                I think if you put Rodgers or Bree's in at QB then you would see these guys more.

DT would be hitting deep balls, Decker, Royal, JT, Willis, Fells would all be utilized, Moreno out of the backfield.

I noticed with GB, INDY and NO that they can draft WR's late and they suddenly become playmakers but thats no coincidence. If you have the QB then I think the whole O is opened up.

Maybe we just need to find a QB and maybe we do have talent on O, they just need to be used.

Comment

Yeah we've had what 1 interception this year? or maybe 2 I'm not sure? Regardless it isn't many. It seems that our defense either gets tired from being on the field all the time or gives up hope. Either way there are plenty of examples of Defenses in the NFL that have to stay on the field the whole game and still perform. Even if our offense is terrible (which it is) they shouldn't be putting up 38 points on us.

I think it is playcalling/talent/practice/ and coaching. Perfect example is the goodman and dawk mix up. They obviously had no clue what was going on, if they did dawk probably isn't in shape enough to pick up that coverage. They aren't melded, and our playcallers do not call plays to their strengths. I saw way too many 4 man rushes on Sunday. We should have been doing much more blitzing.

Comment

Originally posted by EFX View Post
                    Yeah we've had what 1 interception this year? or maybe 2 I'm not sure? Regardless it isn't many. It seems that our defense either gets tired from being on the field all the time or gives up hope. Either way there are plenty of examples of Defenses in the NFL that have to stay on the field the whole game and still perform. Even if our offense is terrible (which it is) they shouldn't be putting up 38 points on us.

I think it is playcalling/talent/practice/ and coaching. Perfect example is the goodman and dawk mix up. They obviously had no clue what was going on, if they did dawk probably isn't in shape enough to pick up that coverage. They aren't melded, and our playcallers do not call plays to their strengths. I saw way too many 4 man rushes on Sunday. We should have been doing much more blitzing.
                    I was trying to think why we lack INT's and watching other teams play I think its because we seldom have the lead.

I noticed when teams are playing from behind they take way many more chances, I don't think teams have to take chances against us.

If our offense could sustain drives and give the D a 10 point plus lead then I think we could use our weapons alot better

Comment

There's a lot of different ways to build to team, every team has talent, including the Broncos. We need better players at key positions, that's obvious, too many bad trades the last few years have destroyed this team.

But, its not all about talent. On paper, Buffalo might be the least talented team in the NFL, yet they're winning, while the Eagles likely have the most talent in the NFL, and they have only 1 more win than the Broncos.

Good coaching and good team chemistry can overcome talent deficiencies, with Shanahan the Broncos were always competitive, despite not always having the most talented team.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                        There's a lot of different ways to build to team, every team has talent, including the Broncos. We need better players at key positions, that's obvious, too many bad trades the last few years have destroyed this team.

But, its not all about talent. On paper, Buffalo might be the least talented team in the NFL, yet they're winning, while the Eagles likely have the most talent in the NFL, and they have only 1 more win than the Broncos.

Good coaching and good team chemistry can overcome talent deficiencies, with Shanahan the Broncos were always competitive, despite not always having the most talented team.
                        Its a good point, but Fitz is playing well.

I tend to think that QB means alot and if we could get a franchise QB somehow then the team might have alot more strengths then we see at the moment.

Comment

No playmakers on either side of the ball. Nobody a team has to gameplan for. If a team is dedicated to running (Oakland) they run at will. If a team wants to pass (Green Bay) they pass at will. Our offense can't convert 3rd downs, or make plays down the field. Hence, we give teams the opportunity to score at will without any chance of answering. We can't get into shootouts because we have no bullets.

Comment

We probably have the least talent in the league. I mean, there are probably only 4 or 5 players on this team who are starter material:

- Clady
                            - Kuper
                            - Bailey
                            - Von Miller

After that I'm struggling to name any. And let's be honest, none of those players are elite (top 5) anymore.

McDaniels destroyed this team and when you have a team with such little talent, you're going to lose and you're going to be blown out.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                              I think if you put Rodgers or Bree's in at QB then you would see these guys more.

DT would be hitting deep balls, Decker, Royal, JT, Willis, Fells would all be utilized, Moreno out of the backfield.

I noticed with GB, INDY and NO that they can draft WR's late and they suddenly become playmakers but thats no coincidence. If you have the QB then I think the whole O is opened up.

Maybe we just need to find a QB and maybe we do have talent on O, they just need to be used.
                              We don't run the type of plays that New Orleans runs though, often we only have two WRs running routes. Brees didn't become a great QB until he went to NO, the key is that they built an offense around Brees's strengths. With a solid system in place, its much easier to find and draft players that fit it.

If Brees was here, he would probably look like he did in San Diego with Marty-ball. Yes, we would be better, but I doubt he would be one of the best QBs in the NFL in this system, it doesn't suit him.

Comment

Working...
                              X