Tebow is the least of our concerns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow is the least of our concerns.

Looking back at our draft classes, it's not a mystery why the team is where it's at. I honestly think that Tebow is the last of our worries.

The good news is this. I think the team may finally hit rock bottom. It's needed to happen since Elway retired. It's going to take us 3 to 4 years of GOOD drafts to become competitive again.

I hope Tebow turns the corner, because I want to see the Broncos competitive sooner rather than later, and if he can't work it out, the Broncos will most assuredly go after a QB with a high pick, using a pick that could help us fill the 10 other holes we have.

Discuss?
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

ps: sorry for the runon sentence and crappy punctuation.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

3-4 years of good drafts would have saved fox's carreer in Carolina too......

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
        I'll go ahead and say this:

Fox will not be coaching this team when we win our next playoff game.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Its difficult to answer where our talent level is at.

I happen to think that if we had a top young QB who could make all the throws then you would see some of our weapons come to fruition.

DT, Decker, Royal, Willis are a pretty good corps and JT/Fells is a promising TE duo.

I think inconsistent QB play is really limiting the offense, as soon as you find that QB the whole O opens up.

Then when you have an O that can sustain drives and maybe get you a 10 point lead you will see the D be more aggressive and get TO's.

I think this team has talent, It is just limited by poor QB play the last year and a bit.

We DO need to find a RB, McGahee is a good solid #2 back and Moreno is a third down back. Need to find a stud back.

Comment

Originally posted by owninit View Post
            Thats a little unfair. He done ALOT of good for a new franchise. How many SB's have Jax and Hou been to ? Two other 'new' franchises.

He also did not have the benefit of using the # 1 pick they had.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              I'll go ahead and say this:

Fox will not be coaching this team when we win our next playoff game.
              I couldn't agree more......

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                Its difficult to answer where our talent level is at.

I happen to think that if we had a top young QB who could make all the throws then you would see some of our weapons come to fruition.

DT, Decker, Royal, Willis are a pretty good corps and JT/Fells is a promising TE duo.

I think inconsistent QB play is really limiting the offense, as soon as you find that QB the whole O opens up.

Then when you have an O that can sustain drives and maybe get you a 10 point lead you will see the D be more aggressive and get TO's.

I think this team has talent, It is just limited by poor QB play the last year and a bit.

We DO need to find a RB, McGahee is a good solid #2 back and Moreno is a third down back. Need to find a stud back.
                QB play IS a concern. We just have tons of wholes right behind that.

You're right. Bad QB play could be severely hampering the offense. I think that regardless of how you feel about his playcalling, McCoy obviously isn't properly preparing any QB we have for success.

I'll make another prediction:
                Tim Tebow will not be the QB the next time we win a playoff game.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

So in the draft do you spend another 1st round pick on a RB, QB, or the position we have always avoided Defensive Tackle???
                  Go Broncos!!!

Comment

Thats a little unfair. He done ALOT of good for a new franchise. How many SB's have Jax and Hou been to ? Two other 'new' franchises.

He also did not have the benefit of using the # 1 pick they had.
                    He was also a .500 coach in a division when the saints, falcons & tb were consistant top 5 picks.....

As soon as they got back on their feet it was BAD.......

Currently KC, SD & the raiders, aren't going to let him be a .500 coach and stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
                      So in the draft do you spend another 1st round pick on a RB, QB, or the position we have always avoided Defensive Tackle???
                      At this point we need everything we take the best available. We need game changers.
                      sigpic
                      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

You're right. Bad QB play could be severely hampering the offense. I think that regardless of how you feel about his playcalling, McCoy obviously isn't properly preparing any QB we have for success.

We have holes but I would not say a TON of holes.

I saw Rivers last night hitting some WR they just picked up, We can't do that because Tebow is not going through his progressions well enough. Willis ran a great route against Miami when Tebow hit him for 42, How many other great routes is he doing that are not seen because Tebow has pulled the ball down and took off ?

I also find it hard to bash McCoy too much, It's hard to make an expansive gameplan when you have a young QB struggling with the basics of timing and progressions

Comment

Right now, that's looking like a pretty safe prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
                            I think we have to get a QB in round One, We will have a top 5 pick and need to get Barkley if possible or maybe Jones if he is good enough. You NEED a franchise QB to move forward and start building a system round him.

We also need a RB, I don't think Richardson is good enough for a high first. I would go RB with our high 2nd IF there is a RB worth getting and I am not too familiar with them at the moment.... I hear Lamar Miller is good ?

I think we need a DT to go with Bunk but if you don't have an O that can move the ball and cause the other teams problems then you won't go anywhere. We need players the other team worries about.

Comment

I agree we have tons of holes.

I don't agree that Tebow and the quarterback position in general is the "least" of our concerns.

IMO it's the PRIMARY concern. All other issues come after the quarterback situation gets settled.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X