Tebow is the least of our concerns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    And, aren't you supposed to get starters from a draft. Didn't know we were supposed to have HOF players from every pick.
    People that start simply because our depth is so terrible is nothing to celebrate.

On a team like this, you need to hit big time on some picks, we haven't done that in years, with the exception of Von.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFan195 View Post
      People that start simply because our depth is so terrible is nothing to celebrate.

On a team like this, you need to hit big time on some picks, we haven't done that in years, with the exception of Von.
      What teams does hit big time year after year on their picks, there isn't a team in the NFL that is that good at drafting.

The most important thing is keeping and developing players, you have to make smart trades, and smart FA pickups, and then use the draft to fill areas. A team should never be forced into starting a rookie.

The Broncos have done none of that, thus why we suck right now.

Comment

To be fair, what team hits on every pick, not many do.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          To be fair, what team hits on every pick, not many do.
          Huh?

I said on some. We haven't hit on a guy in years!

If Miller keeps progressing he would be our first real hit since 2008.

Comment

Huh?

I said on some. We haven't hit on a guy in years!

If Miller keeps progressing he would be our first real hit since 2008.
            The Cutler/Marshall/Hillis trades are one of the biggest factors why we are in this mess. We got a ton of picks and missed on all of them. We spent so many picks trying to replace the players we traded off that we simply didn't have any left to fix the defense, or any other holes on the team.

Now we're left with a bad offense and defense.

Comment

• My thoughts are this is a great post!!

I agree 100%. The voice of reason in a sea of hysteria.

But... just thinking about that many years before we get better. It. Makes. Me. Ill.
              Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Looking back at our draft classes, it's not a mystery why the team is where it's at. I honestly think that Tebow is the last of our worries.

The good news is this. I think the team may finally hit rock bottom. It's needed to happen since Elway retired. It's going to take us 3 to 4 years of GOOD drafts to become competitive again.

I hope Tebow turns the corner, because I want to see the Broncos competitive sooner rather than later, and if he can't work it out, the Broncos will most assuredly go after a QB with a high pick, using a pick that could help us fill the 10 other holes we have.

Discuss?
                Gotta Agree. I think John lynch made a great point during the telecast, that we just need to look at the Lions. A few years ago, they were 0-16. The worst ever. This season, they're a long shot contender with huge upside. They however, have hit several high end draft picks, and made several excellent trades.
                sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  I don't know about that C.Wing. I think QB is a HUGE concern. Anytime you have to change an entire offense/dumb down the offense because the QB just isn't good enough (Yet) to run a Pro-Style offense, and can't carry out a gameplan, you have major problems. And that's not even mentioning his mechanics, accuracy, decision making, and understanding of defenses.

And let's say that we don't draft a QB in the 1st rd, and we do give TT a shot next year. Who's to say that EFX is going to be here in the next 2-4yrs. The next HC/GM/VP may not want to run a "Tebow Friendly" offense. Now that leaves us QB searching again. We need a QB that's able to handle just about any kind of offense.
                  Let's take a look at Shanny. When he brought Plummer in, he dumb downed and tweaked the offense to play to Plummer's strengths and minimize his weaknesses. All of the bootlegs and roll outs actually did BOTH at the same time. Plummer excelled on the run but had a tough time reading the d and going through his progressions so Shanny used the boots and the roll outs to get Plummer on the run and to shrink the field and limit the number progressions Plummer needed to go through. That to me is the difference between a good coach and a great coach. You coach up the talent you have and tweak your system to play to the talent you have.

Elway has already said it's going to take 3 years to get this team competitive again. If he goes out and drafts another qb next year, he just pushed his timeline back at least another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCJE View Post
                    Let's take a look at Shanny. When he brought Plummer in, he dumb downed and tweaked the offense to play to Plummer's strengths and minimize his weaknesses. All of the bootlegs and roll outs actually did BOTH at the same time. Plummer excelled on the run but had a tough time reading the d and going through his progressions so Shanny used the boots and the roll outs to get Plummer on the run and to shrink the field and limit the number progressions Plummer needed to go through. That to me is the difference between a good coach and a great coach. You coach up the talent you have and tweak your system to play to the talent you have.

Elway has already said it's going to take 3 years to get this team competitive again. If he goes out and drafts another qb next year, he just pushed his timeline back at least another year.
                    They did this in 2005, Plummer played well UNTIL the AFC Championship, and then Pittsburgh did to him what defenses have done to Tim Tebow the last two weeks. And Plummer folded.

Then Kubiak left and then the bootlegs all but disappeared the following season, which turned out to be Plummer's last here.

You can only use trickery and gimmicks for so long to help protect a quarterback before their flaws are exposed, and you realize you either have a premiere passer or a Plummer, Griese, Orton, etc. type quarterback.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Looking back at our draft classes, it's not a mystery why the team is where it's at. I honestly think that Tebow is the last of our worries.

The good news is this. I think the team may finally hit rock bottom. It's needed to happen since Elway retired. It's going to take us 3 to 4 years of GOOD drafts to become competitive again.

I hope Tebow turns the corner, because I want to see the Broncos competitive sooner rather than later, and if he can't work it out, the Broncos will most assuredly go after a QB with a high pick, using a pick that could help us fill the 10 other holes we have.

Discuss?
                      Well said Cory. If Tebow can turn the corner, this rebuilding process is that much shorter. If we have to take a Qb in the first or second round, we are that much further away from this thing being over.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Im sorry Tebow played bad but the defense is so damn vanilla! They never attack they wait to the play comes to them and then they tackle.....they need to attack and disrupt....the run d is weak sauce we have to many holes on defense. we need DT, DE, ILB, corner, safety.

Comment

Working...
                        X