Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Z on the Broncos

Denver Broncos (8-5)
    How do you like Al Wilson, at the same position? Right now he's up there with Ray, maybe even a little higher. The Broncos were second in the NFL in defense, going into the K.C. game, and how many other potential all-pros do you see on that unit? If you say Trevor Pryce, I'd say that you're watching about half the game.
    It's nice to see Al getting some recognition. But it's his comment on Pryce that I find interesting. Trevor is constantly double-teamed and his stats reflect it. On the other hand, there are a lot of other big-time players that are always double-teamed and yet still seem to dominate.

What does everybody else think?

Here's the link to his entire Power Rankings column:
    Dr. Z's Power Rankings
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

I said it in the MVP thread.

Al Wilson is the glue that has held that unit together through everything this year.

The linebackers that have come in to replace Mobley and Gold have been phenomenal in doing their jobs. Our secondary seems to be taking a bit of a licking from some on this board, but our passing D is rated 11th in the league!

It is a hats off to the D that during that skid they didn't just collapse and follow suit of the offense. Thanks in large part to the D we will make the playoffs.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yep. Al is the man.
      I also have to give mad props to Bert Berry ... W O W!!! am I the only one impressed by this guy?!?!!! :0
      "If God isn't a Bronco fan, why are sunsets Orange and Blue??"

Comment

I'm 100% sure he will resign one way or another...this is the same guy that takes his defense out to dinner.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Miami Dolphins (8-5)
          They're gonna beat Philly this week and Ricky Williams will run for 100 yards. In the first half. After that the sky's the limit. You heard it here first.

I didn't like that at all!

Comment

Originally posted by 16-JakE-16
            Miami Dolphins (8-5)
            They're gonna beat Philly this week and Ricky Williams will run for 100 yards. In the first half. After that the sky's the limit. You heard it here first.

I didn't like that at all!
            No joke. I sure hope he's wrong on that one. I would really like the Broncos to have a 1 game cushion going into the last 2 weeks.
            ------

Comment

What I didn't like about his Power Rankings this week is that he ranked Miami on top of both Baltimore AND Denver. I'm sorry, but didn't they LOSE against NE and didn't Baltimore AND Denver both have impressive wins?? I mean come on!!

Comment

Z must have dropped much acid in the sixties.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Z predicted that GB would cream denver in XXXII .... after that i stopped reading his articles...

Comment

Originally posted by aaronheeb
                    Z predicted that GB would cream denver in XXXII .... after that i stopped reading his articles...
                    Not to be picky here, but who didn't pick Green Bay to kill Denver in the Super Bowl?

Cris Collinsworth is the only guy I can remember who even gave Denver a chance in that game but he still picked the Pack.
                    ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      Not to be picky here, but who didn't pick Green Bay to kill Denver in the Super Bowl?

I didn't pick GB.
                      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
                        I'm 100% sure he will resign one way or another...this is the same guy that takes his defense out to dinner.
                        I'm torn on this one. The Cowboys are my first love, so I need Miami to beat Philly too. I guess no matter what happens, I win..

Comment

I didn't pick GB. I had a 100 dollar bet with a friend over that game.
                          Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Bert Berry and Trevory Pryce both seem very bright.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronheeb
                              If memory serves me correctly just about everyone in the sports media outside of Denver thought that GB was going to wax Denver in the Super Bowl.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X