Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Better QB? Plummer or Griese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoTIMMY!
    I've ben going out of my way to knock Plummer for the last year and a half. By giving him props on the houston game I'm not changing my opinion of him, I'm just giving him props for one very well played game.

As for all the remarks about no heart, leadership, arm strength then people need to start watching some of TB games this year. Griese is the first to run down and hi-five a player for a touhdown, he is never alone on the bench, basically all those things you guys want to put him down for not doing, he's doing.

To me the only thing that makes Griese different than Jake and IMO a better QB is that he is a smarter QB that can dissect defenses like Elway used too. If Jake doesn't find his first read then he usually just throws it up for grabs.

A) My bad, I thought this was a forum, not an english test or a s.a.t.!

B) Some one who never uses caps for the first letter of a sentece or a proper name should not be giving some one else advice on their english writing.

One of the great scholars once said

“Better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt!”

Now that said lets have the whole context of the request, not just the part you found convenient to quote.

"Yo broncotimmothy, you need a serious class in English writing format 101.

800 words in one paragraph with 5 different subjects is almost incomprehensible.

Learn what the enter key does."

OMG it is a forum, all this time I’ve been thinking it was the college boards.

When you use the standard font and type size and run your thoughts together it is almost incomprehensible in one paragraph. By using the enter key, it does indeed create a new paragraph. I merely point this out to help all of your adoring followers to make sense of what ever your trying to say.

USE it, DON”T use it. I could care less. Just trying to be help full.

BTW I choose to not use the proper name of someone, I think is under performing greasy, assshley and a multitude of others. Nor do I when using said name capitalize it.

Last edited by Jrhampton; 11-10-2004, 12:17 PM.

Comment

one year

Originally posted by jdslick
      As I remember, he had a couple of very good years in Denver. Why is it only the QBs responsibility to get a team to the playoffs? Are the remaining players on his team meaningless?
      a year that he didn't play alot of games and in which he didn't play in the playoff game against the ravens. one year slick not a couple. It becomes the responsibilty of the QB to take the team to the playoffs when he gets as huge a contract as he did. he's given that type becuase the organization feels he good enough to take the broncos to the playoffs. Obviously that didn't work out.
      How did elway and marino get to the playoffs on a year in year out basis wiith out no running game in the eighties. elway never had the talent untill terrel davis got there yet he made it to three SB's with sammy winder and bobby humphrey, the three amigos, orson mobely. how much offense did you expect from that group yet elway carried them there. we know griese is no elway but he had a better offense then elway had back in a day yet he underachieved. are you blaming the rest of the denver's offense for griese failing? you got to be kidding me!
      Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Pretty good.

Aww lookie hear, I think slick is trying to make friends

Comment

Aren't you tired of being wrong?

Nah, cause if I thought I knew everything then I would be a pompous, arrogant, waste of space, tight ass, like you

Comment

I havent seen griese play this year but if he is returning to form in his 2000 season with us when he had 19 TD and just 4 INt's i would say congratulations to him, but in reality Jake is the better QB...... FOR US! He does make the bonehead play but he has made a lot of awesome plays with his feet that griese couldnt do. Plummer i believe has better arm strength and thats why we have had so many 30+ yard pass plays. Anyway i hope griese keeps it up but i would rather have plummer.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by StlBroncosFan
              Well, I would take Plummer on my team any day over Griese. There wouldn't even be a moment of discussion.

Jake brings too much to a team. Jake is a leader that has a lot of heart and desires to do better and win every game.

He may throw a pick here and there but it is because he is trying so hard to win.

Griese just makes stupid decisions, like throwing the ball into the breadbasket of a defensive lineman. Remember the days when Griese was in Denver and he would go sit by himself on the bench? No one wanted to be around him. He is not a leader.

I was so pumped when Griese was named the starting QB for Denver. I had such high hopes only to have them crushed.

I am glad Jake is in Denver. I think he gives the Broncos an edge at winning. Kind of like how Elway gave us an edge. Elway could win games by himself (almost) and Jake can scramble out, pass on the run, pass across the field etc...that is an edge that Griese doesn't give a team.

So Jake is much better in my opinion.
              I agree about the leadership, I say that Jake kept us in the game with the JAGS, SAN and ATL if it wasn't for him we would have rolled over and went belly up. While some would agrue Jake was the reason for the ATL loss. I still think we were close in the fourth because he had not given up.

Leaders like that are almost impossible to find.

Comment

I will choose Plummer any day over Greise.

Comment

Originally posted by StlBroncosFan
                  Well, I would take Plummer on my team any day over Griese. There wouldn't even be a moment of discussion.

Jake brings too much to a team. Jake is a leader that has a lot of heart and desires to do better and win every game.

He may throw a pick here and there but it is because he is trying so hard to win.

Griese just makes stupid decisions, like throwing the ball into the breadbasket of a defensive lineman. Remember the days when Griese was in Denver and he would go sit by himself on the bench? No one wanted to be around him. He is not a leader.

I was so pumped when Griese was named the starting QB for Denver. I had such high hopes only to have them crushed.

I am glad Jake is in Denver. I think he gives the Broncos an edge at winning. Kind of like how Elway gave us an edge. Elway could win games by himself (almost) and Jake can scramble out, pass on the run, pass across the field etc...that is an edge that Griese doesn't give a team.

So Jake is much better in my opinion.
                  I am with you on this one! You couldn't have said it better!

Comment

Jake just has a lot more character than Griese. He is also more fun and exciting to watch. Griese is playing good in TB, but its too early to conclude anything. Remember he went to the Pro Bowl in 2000 from Denver, but after that he was horrible. Could not even make us reach the playoffs, which is something Jake has already accomplished, and it looks like he will do it again this year.

Comment

Im glad jake is here to, but Griese had us going to the playoffs in his last 2 seasons but as soon as he went down Steve Buerlien could not do anything. I still would of liked Griese to have one more year here, just to see if he could pull out a year like he is now having with Tampa, providing no one gives him a drink or a multi-million dollar bonus he should play well, I wish him well and hope he can get the permant starting job there.

Just 2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL

Comment

decypher this

I'll have to decypher that one later when I don't have a headache.

do i have to write this down in bullet statements slickers?

1*Griese had one good year not a couple.
                        2*If the qb is good enough and gets paid the big bucks then yes the responsibilty goes to the qb.
                        3*Before Davis came to denver, Elway had gone to three SB's with a mediocre offense and soft defense. The pressure fell on elway to win a SB even though he didn't have SB team around him. It's the same pressure that's on McNabb and Manning.
                        4* Jacksonville,San Diego and Tampa Bay, no running game what so ever and in the jacksonville game Q fumbles the ball on what was supposed to be denvers winning drive. Do you think Griese could have done better without a running game like jake did.
                        5* the emegence of Michael Pittman is a huge factor in why Griese is playing better in TB yet he can't avoid that crucial interception with 5 minutes to go in the game against atlanta, can't he?
                        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by communist
                          Jake just has a lot more character than Griese. He is also more fun and exciting to watch. Griese is playing good in TB, but its too early to conclude anything. Remember he went to the Pro Bowl in 2000 from Denver, but after that he was horrible. Could not even make us reach the playoffs, which is something Jake has already accomplished, and it looks like he will do it again this year.
                          greasy went to that probowl on the merits of a really good injury shorten season, had an increbile QB rating before he separated his shoulder. FO rhtat matter he did not play in the PROBOWL.

After rehab the shoulder was not what it used to be and soon the defenses were taking away part of the offense because of his inability to throw the long pass with any sembalance of accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                          X