Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Ryan has some choice words about our offense

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ense-made-sick

IRVING, Texas -- Give defensive coordinator Rob Ryan credit for avoiding any inflammatory statements about the teams on the Dallas Cowboys' schedule. That could be considered progress.

But if the Denver Broncos and Dallas somehow play each other in the Super Bowl, Ryan has provided plenty of bulletin board material.

Ryan watched the Broncos' 17-13 win over the New York Jets on Thursday night. He didn't enjoy the game, and not just because his twin brother Rex was the losing coach. It pains Ryan to watch polarizing quarterback Tim Tebow run an unconventional offense.

More on the Cowboys

Calvin Watkins, Tim MacMahon and Todd Archer have the Dallas Cowboys blanketed for ESPN Dallas. Blog
    Cowboys Center
    ESPN Dallas » Hot Button »

"It made me ... throw up," Ryan said, pausing mid-sentence to make a vomiting motion. "That stuff comes into play. You get that crap. I don't like it because it's college football. The things you see a lot of spread. We're getting a lot of two tight ends blocking for empty sets.

"Who would have ever thought that? This is the NFL. Those teams don't win."

Well, actually, that team won Thursday night. The Broncos, who are 4-1 with passing-challenged Tebow as the starter this season, finished with only 229 total yards. However, 95 of those came on the game-winning drive, which Tebow capped with a 20-yard touchdown run.

"That team did win last night, but it was horse----, and thanks for pointing that out," Ryan replied when reminded that the Broncos were victorious. "The guy made a hell of a play, though, didn't he?

"Just a second, I'll take a knee myself."

That was Ryan joking about "Tebowing," the devoutly religious quarterback's prayerful pose that has replaced planking as the nation's new fad.

But Ryan, whose comments about the "all-hype" Philadelphia Eagles and the Cowboys having two receivers better than Detroit's Calvin Johnson received a lot of attention this season, was completely serious on the subject of the Broncos' offense.

"They're back there getting the hell beat out of them the whole game," Ryan said when asked about his opinion of the Denver offense. "It's unfortunate the kid (Mark Sanchez) threw the interception for the TD or I really think that game is going to go a different way.

"But I don't care about that game. I only care about us. I don't like to see my brother hurt after a game. That sucked, but that's the way it is."

Tim MacMahon covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com.

Follow Tim MacMahon on Twitter: @espn_macmahon
    Discuss.
    #swapping

Why the heck does Ryan have to take a shot at Tebowing? Why does he need to be nasty? I dont remember that well but I dont think Tebow even kneeled and prayed last night until the game was over, but a lot of players do that. Is Ryan mad because his brother was exposed as a fraud on a national game? How about he gives his brother tips on how to play defense instead of being nasty?

Comment

Both Ryan's have mouths that write checks their assess can't cash.
      sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

For being big, tough football coaches that have never won anything the Rex brothers sure are a bunch of loudmouths.

I'm glad Denver is making oppenents "sick" and feel like they have to talk about it so strongly. It means that they are truly worried, and it's created an emotional response.

Oh no, they are doing it different than what we are used to! It must be insulted and disregarded! What's that you say? It's worked? Oh s---....

Comment

For someone that "doesnt care about that game" he sure did have alot to say lol.

Comment

Rex Ryan has pictures of Tebow's feet & Rob is jealous.

Seriously though, these guys are the biggest windbags in the NFL. Class is not friends w/ the Ryan family. Never has been.

Comment

Rob ryan can eat dirt
              Now go get your shine box

Comment

His tears are added to Rex's to make a delicious cocktail.

Comment

Of course he's gonna talk smack. He doesn't have to play us.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                    Both Ryan's have mouths that write checks their assess can't cash.
                    Couldn't have said it better myself. Why am I not surprised that he would mock Tim with the "knee" comment. Does this idiot not realize I'm pretty sure he has a few players on his team that might have strong beliefs and convictions too?
                    Guess we shouldn't be surprised that the Ryan brothers are nothing but a couple of d-bags.

Comment

I have some choice words for Rob Ryan:

"Go on a diet."
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Probably similar to what some coaches were saying about the forward pass when it was in it's NFL infancy.

Comment

Classy guy. It'll come around to him eventually.

Comment

I don't know if any of you guys watch Entourage, but there's this memorable scene involving Ari Gold firing an employee and some choice words (unsuitable for this forum) that he writes on a whiteboard. Whilst I can't repeat the material on here, suffice to say it would be the perfect response to Rob Ryan.
                            sigpic
                            - ★ -
                            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

They're back there getting the hell beat out of them the whole game," Ryan said when asked about his opinion of the Denver offense. "It's unfortunate the kid (Mark Sanchez) threw the interception for the TD or I really think that game is going to go a different way.
                              Yeah and if the Jets do not get a lucky bounce after a fumble then the game would have also been different. What ifs mean jack and the Broncos won.

I have a question. What the heck has the fat piece of crap done in this league. Rob thinks he is the second coming and some defensive genius. He is nothing special at all. And some people wanted this guy here as the head coach because of his name.

Go Broncos.

Rob Ryan shut your fat mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X