Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver and KC fans, who are the last teams you want to see in the play-offs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver and KC fans, who are the last teams you want to see in the play-offs?

Denver Vs. (if we make it)
    1. Baltimore: Have we even beat them yet?
    2. New England: No one wants to play in New england come January, anything can hapen. Right, Raider fans?
    3. KC: being embarassed they may want some payback, but after being outplayed the first meeting and smacked around the second meeting they have lost their confidence to play against us.

KC Vs.
    1. Denver, outplayed the first meeting and embarrassed the second, they have to be questioning themselves.
    2. New England: see above
    3. Baltimore: Looks real tough right now and I don't think you want to see Ray Lewis coming at ya. Portis ran all over you, just wait until Jamal runs OVER you.

Anyway, that is my take on it, what's yours?
    Last edited by The-4th-Amigo; 12-11-2003, 12:46 AM.

Right now, Baltimore would be high on my list of not wanting to run into in the playoffs. Technically, we have 5 losses on the season, but a play or two here and there would have probably won the game for us on a couple of occasions. With Baltimore, they just whooped us. I don't think we've ever beaten Billick's team throughout the years. In our last wildcard experience, Baltimore whooped us. I would just as soon have someone else handle Baltimore.
    Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

I say Baltimore too. They just seem to have our number. There is no way they should be beating up on us, especially considering their quarterback situation. Hell, last year they beat us with Chris Redman as their starter. You could say that we've self-destructed against them (which is true), but Ray Lewis always seems to have a monster game against Denver.

New England doesn't really scare me. Don't get me wrong, they're a great team, but Denver seems to be able to play pretty well against them. Aside from this year, we usually beat them. We beat them in Foxboro last year, and I would like our chances with Plummer back.
      sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Baltimore would be the scariest team the Bronco's would face. I honestly don't know if they can beat them. Maybe The Snake would be able to do it I hope.

Comment

Screw the Ravens, we were in the game with them totally until the last 10 minutes with a third string QB. With a healthy Jake and CP running I don't think the Ravens are as scary as everybody thinks. Past record aside, we would beat the Ravens.

Now New England in Foxboro is another story. That team is looking pretty nasty. Belichek is one of the smartest coaches a team will ever face. Their defense is stifling and the offense with Tom Brady isn't flashy but very efficient.
          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Indy is my #1 concern. Their #1 ranked passing game plays right into our defense's main weakness, pass defense.

Baltimore is #2 simply because we seem jinxed against them lately. I think we're the better team but things just seem to go wrong when we play them.

I think we would match up well against anybody else and have a good shot to win, even on the road in the playoffs.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Baltimore -- They would be playing at home and they are so physical. It seems like we always get somebody hurt there. We need to beat them but I would not like to see us have to beat them in the playoffs.

I think we can, but we must get over the superstition that we can't.

That said I would rather not play them.

Indy would also be a team that would be a real challenge. Let's see how we do against them after Cleveland. I would like to see Shanahan expose the weakness in them if they have one. If anyone can, he can.

New England, even at home I am not scared of. We seem to always play well against them.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

broncos,
                Remember the first superbowl win with elway and td? Well that
                year you split with kansas city and you won the most important
                game( cheating with slippery stuff on your uniforms aside). Now
                if you should have to play the CHIEFS again odds are the
                CHIEFS would win. The CHIEFS have much more motivation than
                you and the fact that the broncos talked so much s**t about the
                first game and the ass whooping in the second game you know
                the CHIEFS will play there best game ever! Besides the broncos
                are not 28 points better and clinton is not a 200yds a game guy.
                Now on dec,7 all that was true but if you are a real football fan
                you have to know that you guys were better on that day but "if"
                we see eachother in the playoffs nevermind ARROWHEAD I think
                the CHIEFS have just too much motivation to beat you guys. And
                for what its worth we still haven't seen jake the snake bring your
                team back and win against a good team.............so jury is out on
                him in the crunch until maybe the last 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by zell
                  broncos,
                  Remember the first superbowl win with elway and td? Well that
                  year you split with kansas city and you won the most important
                  game( cheating with slippery stuff on your uniforms aside). Now
                  if you should have to play the CHIEFS again odds are the
                  CHIEFS would win. The CHIEFS have much more motivation than
                  you and the fact that the broncos talked so much s**t about the
                  first game and the ass whooping in the second game you know
                  the CHIEFS will play there best game ever! Besides the broncos
                  are not 28 points better and clinton is not a 200yds a game guy.
                  Now on dec,7 all that was true but if you are a real football fan
                  you have to know that you guys were better on that day but "if"
                  we see eachother in the playoffs nevermind ARROWHEAD I think
                  the CHIEFS have just too much motivation to beat you guys. And
                  for what its worth we still haven't seen jake the snake bring your
                  team back and win against a good team.............so jury is out on
                  him in the crunch until maybe the last 2 games.
                  Despite our records, I believe the Broncos are a better team than the Chiefs. Our offense hasn't been as consistent as KC's but we have just as much firepower when we're on our game. Plus Denver has a much better defense than KC. You'd better hope the Chiefs don't play the Broncos in the playoffs or you'll be having a flashback to '97. (In my opinion, of course)
                  ------

Comment

Err who do i not want to see denver play in the play offs??

Thats a tough one. All the teams are pretty nasty. The colts (Great offense) New england (Terrible weather and a strange luck where everything goes their way in the last quarter. Baltimore i 'm not so scared about as we played them with Kannel and we were still in the game until we gave up in the last 10 mins. Kansas may be searching faor payback and Tennesse have well mcnair and we have to play them (if we hold our position) to get into the actual playoffs. it's a choice of many evils this year!
                    Please God don't let the Pats win the Superbowl!! AGAIN

Comment

Re: Denver and KC fans, who are the last teams you want to see in the play-offs?

Originally posted by The-4th-Amigo
                      Denver Vs. (if we make it)
                      1. Baltimore: Have we even beat them yet?
                      2. New England: No one wants to play in New england come January, anything can hapen. Right, Raider fans?
                      3. KC: being embarassed they may want some payback, but after being outplayed the first meeting and smacked around the second meeting they have lost their confidence to play against us.

KC Vs.
                      1. Denver, outplayed the first meeting and embarrassed the second, they have to be questioning themselves.
                      2. New England: see above
                      3. Baltimore: Looks real tough right now and I don't think you want to see Ray Lewis coming at ya. Portis ran all over you, just wait until Jamal runs OVER you.

Anyway, that is my take on it, what's yours?
                      Uhh, We beat Baltimore, so get over it!, The only teams that would give us trouble in the PO's is New England, and Indy !
                      [QUOTE]
                      If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Did i hear someone say Clintons not a 200 yard back?Thats ridiculous.Its Priest whos not a 100 yard back.

Clinton and Rod chillin with the fans.

Comment

Re: Re: Denver and KC fans, who are the last teams you want to see in the play-offs?

Originally posted by dhall26
                          Uhh, We beat Baltimore, so get over it!, The only teams that would give us trouble in the PO's is New England, and Indy !
                          And Denver...Don't forget that we've dominated you twice this season, you just got lucky the first time.
                          ------

Comment

Don't want to see

Baltimore. They seem to have our number but if we are playing well, then I think we can hang with anybody.

Comment

New England doesn't really scare me, neither does KC after last Sundays game. Baltimore obviously poses a serious threat, seeing how the Broncos have had some major problems w/ them in recent years. I think the toughest team they could play, is the one they face in 2 weeks, the Colts in Indy is not a good matchup for the Orange and Blue. If the game was in Denver, it would be a diferant story.

Comment

Working...
                              X