John Elway fever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Elway fever!

I was really surprised when a certain name didn't popup as a possible QB replacement when Denver ran out of quarterbacks...I mean Michael Jordan came back...why not Elway...just 1 or 2 games...come on...

okay, John didn't go play baseball after retiring like Michael...so what...he would have done better at playing baseball than Jordan. His QB comeback would have been better than Jordan's basketball return...Elway's lunge into the endzone in the SuperBowl was better than Jordan's last shot in the playoffs. Anyway, Karl Malone even loved John Elway's lunge...it inspired him...

I would have loved to see Elway's comeback...What a NFL headline...forget about KC's freaky winning streak. KC's streak means nothing now...go Broncos...

Hey...I'm from Memphis and once lived in COS in 1984...I can't catch any of the Broncos on the national spots because of 2 things...Titans and KC's winning streaks...just trying to think of a way for the Bronocs' games to be a national spot on CBS or FOX...I'm praying the Bronocs make the playoffs...
    Last edited by zappro; 12-11-2003, 07:12 AM.

Re: John Elway fever!

Originally posted by zappro
    I was really surprised when a certain name didn't popup as a possible QB replacement when Denver ran out of quarterbacks...I mean Michael Jordan came back...why not Elway...just 1 or 2 games...come on...

okay, John didn't go play baseball after retiring like Michael...so what...he would have done better at playing baseball than Jordan. His QB comeback would have been better than Jordan's basketball return...Elway's lunge into the endzone in the SuperBowl was better than Jordan's last shot in the playoffs. Anyway, Karl Malone even loved John Elway's lunge...it inspired him...

I would have loved to see Elway's comeback...What a NFL headline...forget about KC's freaky winning streak. KC's streak means nothing now...go Broncos...

Hey...I'm from Memphis and once lived in COS in 1984...I can't catch any of the Broncos on the national spots because of 2 things...Titans and KC's winning streaks...just trying to think of a way for the Bronocs' games to be a national spot on CBS or FOX...I'm praying the Bronocs make the playoffs...

Elway is like an old tired dog right now. Let him rest, he had a great career; howeverrrrrrrrrrrr, I would love to see him take over Gary Kubiak's position. Well I dont know about that, but I think it would be cool to see him on the sidelines doing something. Maybe someday right

Comment

I don't live in Denver, but I keep hearing about all the money he's making in the car dealership business. I think Dan Marino made a comment one time that Elway doesn't need the money after retiring to take a commentator position. It would be great to see him on the sidelines...wasn't Kubiak offered a head coaching position for Colorado a few years back???

Comment

Playing basketball is a far cry from the beating a football player takes. He won 2 Super Bowls and left at the top, something hardly anyone is able to do. He had a great career and in my mind he's the greatest athlete I've ever seen play a sport. He gave us plenty to cheer about for many years. Let him enjoy his retirement!

Comment

I think the way he ended his career, and the fact you don't see him very much in the media or public makes him more of a shrine and amplifies his greatness. And we should be proud of that I mean we have arguably the best QB ever, so I think we should preserve his entity and leave him for the ages.
          sigpic

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece- John Ruskin

Comment

Doesn't he still have some ownership in the Broncos? Also... I thought he was owner of that "Colorado Crush" team? He's pretty business oriented, but I do agree that I'd like to see him in some sort of coaching capacity for the Broncos.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
            ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
              Doesn't he still have some ownership in the Broncos? Also... I thought he was owner of that "Colorado Crush" team? He's pretty business oriented, but I do agree that I'd like to see him in some sort of coaching capacity for the Broncos.

Nuff said...
              If John can not have full control he is not intrested, he was offered ownership in the Broncos but he turned that down because he could nto call the shots with Bowlen being the majority owner... I do not think that John wants to coach unless it is Jacks team...
              Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

John is kicking back regrouping the Crush. He is running his AutoNation biz as well. I also thought he had one more year left in him but looking back how many guys leave on top like he did.

It would have been tough watching him go out like Montana or even E.Smith. When Smith is done my memory of him is going to him crying on TV about how much he loves the game and sucking as an AZ cardinal.
                REVITALIZE MILE HIGH!!!
                MILE HIGH MAGIC LIVES!!!
                GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meck77¨
                  He is running his AutoNation biz as well.
                  I don't think John has anything to do with AutoNation besides being spokesman, he sold his intrest...
                  Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

You know that could be.
                    REVITALIZE MILE HIGH!!!
                    MILE HIGH MAGIC LIVES!!!
                    GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Elway is probably enjoying watching his kids grow up...he's probably not doing the carpool thing now since he's kids are older. How many and how old are they? It's amazing how the little things in life give people the most enjoyment like carpooling the kids in the morning and the afternoon. You take it for granted when you do it all the time. I learn so much about my kids in the car that way. Even doing the dishes with them. It gets them to talking... I'm sure Elway is very content right now.
                      I've heard of coaches make statements that they would like to retire professionally and go to a high school to mentor. Mentoring kids is the best thing an athlete could do when his time has past. It's their time to give back what they were taught.

Comment

Working...
                      X