Post game rants---Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants---Chargers

Keeping it close, playing field position, not making mistakes works great UNTIL you line up against a team that can score points no matter how good your defense is.... I have to say, 17 point may win games against the Broncos, unless they score consistently on Defense....

This is not a slam on my boys, but at this point this gameplan only goes so far......

Thoughts?

Oh yeah, and bench Eddie as a receiver
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

This is what I've always heard playing soccer.

You play to win and you're aggressive and taking chances.

You play not to lose and you're conservative and try to keep from screwing up.

I've always preferred taking some chances and dealing with the consequences if things dont quite go the way they should instead of playing the conservative "don't screw up" game that screws up sometimes too but the screw ups in the playing not to lose mentality end up hurting worse.

Man thats a lot of babble and may not make sense... "Wall of text crits you!"

Comment

I agree, but we cant have dropped passes with the few good throws he makes.

We have to hope he can get better in the offseason and get him a real qb coach.

Comment

Screen plays..

Should the Broncos call more screen plays?..

I don't consider myself to be a football x's and o's guy, so I'm curious, is there a particular reason that the Broncos can't call screen plays, once in a while?..

They seem to work well when they actually do run them..

Comment

This is where Tebow needs to be able to throw. otherwise the game will get out of hand.

Comment

1st and Run.......

How many 1st downs have been runs so far this game?? Anyone counting?

Comment

Play not to lose and you wont see much throwing. The throwing you do see will be extremely conservative and only allow for a receiver to have a 40-50% chance that they can catch the ball cause it's placed in such a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                This is where Tebow needs to be able to throw. otherwise the game will get out of hand.
                That is my biggest fear.... We're not going to score 3-4 TDs in the 4th quarter.... We need more consistency....
                A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

They just called a screen and picked up a 1st down..

Comment

I'd love to see some playcalling that isn't so easy to defend. Get some screen plays going that keep the defense from stacking the box... Kinda like Phyllis is doing to us...

Comment

All of them...

Comment

Originally posted by notwithit View Post
                        I'd love to see some playcalling that isn't so easy to defend. Get some screen plays going that keep the defense from stacking the box... Kinda like Phyllis is doing to us...
                        I was thinking the same thing.... We don't have to run directly into a pile every play

Comment

Harlem, I've thought the same thing. Why don't we call some more screen plays, some more shotgun work and not so many runs on 1st

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
                            That is my biggest fear.... We're not going to score 3-4 TDs in the 4th quarter.... We need more consistency....
                            yeah can't make a living off combacks a la miami.

Comment

So if you're sam diego and you are 1st and 10 on the broncos... do you play pass or run? I sure hope that this is setting up a great second half with a variety of passes and runs on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                              X