Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

% chance Dennis Allen leaves after the year.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • % chance Dennis Allen leaves after the year.

    I absolutely love our defense!!! Love it, love it, love it. Best we've had probably in years!

    And now, Dennis Allen is getting some praise for his creative schemes and helping turn this defense around. So is he going to be the next hot shot coordinator that everyone will be pining away for and leave us robbed?


    I hate to think that, but it almost seems to good to be true. Will we actually be able to keep our new hotshot DC for years to come? I really hope so!

    Thoughts?
    Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

  • #2
    He is still too unknown, I think it will be at least one more year before he starts getting offers. Other teams will want to see a couple years of consistency since this is his first DC job before they will reach out to him imho.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Usually the guys below a coordinator can pick up and continue ideas, if Denver were to hire from within.

      I hope he doesn't go anywhere, but Denver isn't exactly screwed like Cartman is when he can't purchase an iPad if Allen left.

      Comment


      • #4
        We need to PAY HIM so he stays!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
          Usually the guys below a coordinator can pick up and continue ideas, if Denver were to hire from within.

          I hope he doesn't go anywhere, but Denver isn't exactly screwed like Cartman is when he can't purchase an iPad if Allen left.
          Yeh like when Wink took over for a good D coordinator.

          We need Allen to stay. He is creative. He will not leave after one year but after two. Maybe.

          I hope eventually one day like 10 years from now he takes over as our head coach.

          Comment


          • #6
            Too good, unfortunately
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              Yeh like when Wink took over for a good D coordinator.

              We need Allen to stay. He is creative. He will not leave after one year but after two. Maybe.

              I hope eventually one day like 10 years from now he takes over as our head coach.
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Wink more of a student of the Shanahan crap defense trying to run a 34?

              Comment


              • #8
                He's been a coordinator for a total of 11 games in the NFL. To put that in perspective, Josh McDaniels was the coordinator for the Patriots from 2005-2008 with an all-time great offense in 2007. That's 4 years it took for someone like McDaniels to become a head coach and I don't see Dennis Allen beating that. So as long as we keep him, I think we got 2-3 years minimum.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  I dont think he leaves after one year.

                  But just hypothetically, if he did, Who would you guys want to promote from within?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Wink more of a student of the Shanahan crap defense trying to run a 34?
                    He was Mcdaniels yes man. Mcdaniels thought he was a good coach so he promoted him. He said he derved the oppurtunity.

                    I know he was the linebacker coach in 2009 with Mcdaniels and before that I think he was on the team.

                    I don't know if he was made to run a 3-4 by Mcdaniels though as WInk had always been around 4-3 defense and our d had its best two games in 2010 playing a 4-3. But I think that is why he was hired. To be a yes man. Mcdaniels didn't want an experienced coach like Nolan to question him. So he got some yes men. Allen doesn't seem like that. If you are playing bad you will get replaced. I like that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, good thing is he can scheme to shut down the best QBs in the postseason (should the Broncos make it). His Saints secondary shut down Warner, Farvre and Peyton Manning on the road way to the SB title in 09.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        0. Only 1 year as a coordinator.
                        Denver Broncos GM
                        Originally posted by Mosk
                        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                          I dont think he leaves after one year.

                          But just hypothetically, if he did, Who would you guys want to promote from within?
                          Wayne Nunnely.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Make that half a season of strong D, he has miles to go before being a top prospect for a new position on other teams

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              He was Mcdaniels yes man. Mcdaniels thought he was a good coach so he promoted him. He said he derved the oppurtunity.

                              I know he was the linebacker coach in 2009 with Mcdaniels and before that I think he was on the team.

                              I don't know if he was made to run a 3-4 by Mcdaniels though as WInk had always been around 4-3 defense and our d had its best two games in 2010 playing a 4-3. But I think that is why he was hired. To be a yes man. Mcdaniels didn't want an experienced coach like Nolan to question him. So he got some yes men. Allen doesn't seem like that. If you are playing bad you will get replaced. I like that.
                              Well, its nice that you obviously despise Josh, but getting back to the point, Wink had learned from and developed views from Shanahan's unsuccessful defense, and had his own unsuccessful defense, or at least that's my theory.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X