Rosario Making an Impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosario Making an Impact

Dante Rosario seems to have a knack for coming up with clutch plays.

Late in Denver’s past two come-from-behind victories, the tight end has made crucial catches to continue game-winning — or game-tying — drives.

On the Broncos’ game-winning drive against the Jets, Rosario came up with a diving grab for an 18-yard gain that put Denver in Jets territory to set up Tim Tebow’s 20-yard touchdown run.

Against the Chargers on Sunday, Rosario came up clutch on the game-tying drive with another acrobatic catch. On second-and-9 from the Chargers 35, he made a leaping grab along the sideline for a gain of 23 yards, putting the Broncos into chip-shot range for Matt Prater’s tying field goal.

“Whenever a player gets their opportunity, it’s just being in the right place and making sure that you make the play,” Rosario said after Sunday’s overtime victory. “I don’t know what it is, but my number was called and we needed a big play. That’s just kind of been what our offense has been doing in the fourth quarter in the past few games. It’s starting to become a little bit of our element.”

The fifth-year tight end out of Oregon participated in training camp with the Broncos, before being let go in the final round of cuts. He was re-signed by the team on Sept. 22, after playing the first two weeks of the season with Miami.

“Dante is a very competitive guy,” Head Coach John Fox said on Monday. “He is a good athlete. He does have good vertical speed; he’s got good hands. He’s a guy that was with us early. We went a different direction, and fortunately for us, he was available. We brought him back, and he’s done a terrific job. He’s a very tough competitor. I think he’ll kind of inject in there as we go along.”

That move has paid dividends, as in addition to his two clutch catches, he has become a major contributor on special teams, leading the team with eight special teams tackles this season.

Against San Diego, he led the team with two special teams stops, including a tackle on punt coverage in overtime at the Chargers 8-yard line. He also downed a Britton Colquitt punt at the Chargers 9-yard line earlier in the contest.

-Stuart Zaas

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...ing-an-impact/
    sigpic

It's good to see Rosario get some praise. He made 2 huge catches in the clutch the past few games.
    sigpic

Comment

he is also making plays on special teams couple games in a row now he has a big tackle
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Don't forget that Fells & Green won the MIA game
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          Don't forget that Fells & Green won the MIA game
          What did Green do in the MIA game. I can't remember seeing him.
          sigpic

Comment

Rosario made an amazing back shoulder peak of jump catch last game. He seems to have a crucial catch every game.
            sigpic

Comment

Rosario is our best special teamer and our best receiving tight end.

Comment

Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
                What did Green do in the MIA game. I can't remember seeing him.
                He recovered the onside kick
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

He recovered the onside kick
                  I would also give credit to DJ and DT.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
                    I would also give credit to DJ and DT.
                    Why DT? What's he done?

Comment

Why DT? What's he done?
                      He had a layed out TD grab

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                        He had a layed out TD grab
                        That's right. We can't forget Nate Irving who forced the fumble on the Onside kick

Comment

That's right. We can't forget Nate Irving who forced the fumble on the Onside kick
                          Btw dude I think someone stole your sig lol. I was looking at a thread earlier(can't remember which one) And someone had the exact same sig as you. Even your username was on it lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

OP was right to give Rosario some credit, he has made some huge plays for us. If he is our 3rd best tight end we are good there. I had high hopes for Virgil Green also and DT, nice catch dude.

Comment

No doubt .

Comment

Working...
                              X