Invesco or Orginal Mile High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invesco or Orginal Mile High

which do you like better...i havent been to an invesco game yet and im going this weekend. i have been to many org. mile highs and loved it..and i was wondering which one you guys like better?

i never had a chance visit the original mile high, but i did visit the new stadium, i even took a tour and went all around inside, and its a very beautiful stadium, state of the art. However, it wasnt really lould, i think the old mile high was scarier for oponents to go into.
    "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

Comment

both have their good abd bad things. the feel of the old one was great. it just felt like part of history. it was falling apart though.

the new one is nice but feels very corporate. seats are very small in my opinion. i can't even sit in the corner endzone seats because they are so tight.

don't drink too much. if you have to go to the bathroom you will miss a big chunk of the game. invesco is the only stadium i've been in where the lines to the jon strech out into the corridor.

Comment

Mile High, I hate all this selling out to corporate america crap. I just hope places like Lambeau, Arrowhead, Soldier field, et al never sell out like most sports venues have.™
        This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by elof
          i can't even sit in the corner endzone seats because they are so tight.

don't drink too much. if you have to go to the bathroom you will miss a big chunk of the game. invesco is the only stadium i've been in where the lines to the jon strech out into the corridor.
          I have not been to Invesco yet either but was at good ol Mile High countless times. You mention the seats. I thought the new stadium has a seat for each ticket? We used to sit in the South Stands and my God. That was tight. Sitting on an aluminum bench like your at a high school field with your knees in the back of the person in front of you and the person behind you had their knees in your back. Not to mention the width of the markings for the seat number. If someone was a little (or a lot) on the heavy side, they would take up too much space.

I also had heard that Invesco solved the bathroom problem. Perhaps too much beer consumption? LOL.

Mile High was extremely loud because of the way it was built. That horseshoe end was murder on opposing teams. Invesco seats exactly two more people than old Mile High stadium but the fans are more spread out. This is part of the reason why it isn't as loud. I have a post card of an arial shot of both stadiums before old Mile High came down. Invesco looks monstrous sitting next to the old one. Definately bigger but as I said, Invesco holds only 2 more people, which I foudn humorous from the start.

Mile High: 76,123
          Invesco: 76,125

I am looking forward to my first trip to Invesco one of these years because it looks like it isn't going to happen this year.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHittas27
            i havent been to an invesco game yet and im going this weekend.
            You should be able to find a great parking spot this weekend!

And the following week we are on the road in New Orleans.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elof
              the new one is nice but feels very corporate
              Exactly, I like the new stadium (Though I wish they would've called it John Elway Stadium or something, maybe someday.) Its pretty nice, easier to park at (IMO), pretty clean. But the seats and consessions arrangments are terrible, especially if you're fat like me, and want both . I can't say I've had the pleasure of going to the old stadium, definitley would've loved that.

I've only been to 3 other fields and I'd have to say ours is only second best to Hienz field in Pittsburgh, I thought it was great. The RCA dome in indianapolis wasn't great, even for a dome (Maybe it was because the broncos weren't playing). It could have been that my group was the only Bronco fans there, and 80,000 crazy raider fans wanted our heads , but Network Associates Coliseum(What a dumb name) sucked. Their field is ugly, their fans are ugly, their seats blow. Bad Time all around, (except we won)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                You mention the seats. I thought the new stadium has a seat for each ticket?

I also had heard that Invesco solved the bathroom problem. Perhaps too much beer consumption? LOL.

i sat in the north lower corner for a preseason game once. i"m 6'4" and could not sit with my legs in front of me. the back of the seat in front of me was too close. i had no problem when sitting along the sidelines.

i think they added more womens bathrooms. no lines in front of the womens bathrooms. still not enough mens bathrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                  You should be able to find a great parking spot this weekend!

And the following week we are on the road in New Orleans.
                  lol i just noticed it...i meant thanksgiving against the fades

Comment

Mile High.. Its the only stadium that ive been to with Denver.

Comment

hey b4bronco16, isn't shooting free throws a fundamental part of basketball? your boy duncan shoots free throws about as well as Shaq.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHittas27
                        lol i just noticed it...i meant thanksgiving against the fades
                        LOL. You lucky dog. I was trying to get tickets from a vendor for that game and I was laughed at. Those are hot tickets in Denver every year so no go for me.

Have a great time! Yell once for me!

sigpic

Comment

I haven't been to neither.. the only Broncos game I've been to was in Buffalo during this years preseason. My parents have been to a couple of games at the original though.. we wanted to go this year to the new stadium but that didn't work out so maybe next year..

Comment

i loved mile high.....never been to invesco
                            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                            While he sits by his hearth at home.
                            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Mile High......I've been to a few games there and was at the last game there against the 49ers before they tore it down ( that game was sick I couldn't talk for 3 days). I haven't been to Invesco yet but like urinal cake said earlier, I am tired of team selling out and tagging thier stadium with sponsorship. Correct me if I am wrong though but the "Invesco" sponsor ship was a 3 year deal right??

L.Tayler - M. Farr - L. Saban - R. Jackson - F. Little
                              C. Gilchrist - G. Mingo - A. Haynes - G. Gonsoulin - J. Turner - W. McDaniel

Comment

Working...
                              X