No announcement yet.

Invesco or Orginal Mile High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the invesco deal was worth $120 million. i'm not sure how long the deal is but it is much longer than 3 years. i would guess around 20 years.

Comment

I have been to both quite a few times. I was a South Stander at Mile High and there is no comparison to Mile High to Invesco.

If you want comfort then Invesco is the place. If you want loudness and a true football stadium then Mile High was the best place to watch the Broncos and always will be. I did not mind the bleachers because that was part of sitting in the South Stands. You dressed for the weather because those bleachers could get cold.

Invesco is a great stadium and I hope we can get it louder over the years and more people will get to know the people around them so that it brings out the crowd.

In my mind there is no comparison, Mile High is #1 and always will be.
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

denver blew it when tehy built invesco. they were so worried about keeping the old mile high feel. they should have said mile high is mile high, time to move on. no stadium could ever replace it.

the opportunity i really think they missed was turning the south stands into the west stands. they could have had a view of one of the most beautiful sights in all of america, the rocky mountains. having the lower part of the stadium on the west side would have been great.

oh well, invesco is still 100% better than the humpty dump i have to go to now to see football.

Comment

Originally posted by elof
          denver blew it when tehy built invesco. they were so worried about keeping the old mile high feel. they should have said mile high is mile high, time to move on. no stadium could ever replace it.

the opportunity i really think they missed was turning the south stands into the west stands. they could have had a view of one of the most beautiful sights in all of america, the rocky mountains. having the lower part of the stadium on the west side would have been great.

oh well, invesco is still 100% better than the humpty dump i have to go to now to see football.
          The view? You're at a football game & you want to see a "pretty view"????

What they *really* messed up on was moving people around from their season ticket areas. They needed to leave the groups together that had been together for 40 years - keep the same sections...They also messed up by doubling the price of tickets in the south stands. The South Stands were the place for the "blue collar" fan -- the loud, unruly fans that couldn't afford the more expensive seats, but wanted to watch the game. By doubling the price, that basically eliminated the "poor fan" from being able to go to the game.

When they tore down the old stadium, they should have left *something* in rememberance of it. You know, people had their ashes scattered at the old stadium...It was a very important part of this city's heart. They need to atleast put up a memorial...paint the field onto the parking lot...something, atleast for those fans whose family members loved that place more than life it's self & had their ashes scattered there -- That'd be like bulldozing a cemetary...

Also the tailgating policies & other rules around the stadium suck. Did you know in SD they let people start tailgating at 6am? For the evening games we won't even be allowed to get to our parking spot (which we pay 100$ a game for!) until 11am. Sure, you say, 7 hours is long enough to tailgate...but is it really? It used to be you could stay at the stadium overnight & get the party started right. I know so many people that have come to our tailgate that have never tailgated before...Whether you want to believe it or not, tailgating is a major aspect of the game...It does for people in the parking lot what the cheerleaders are supposed to do inside -- Rile them up, get them loud, get them ready...

That's another thing. I know you guys are all in droolfactor mode about the cheerleaders...But really - instead of dancing, why not actually help lead the crowd in cheers/the wave/etc? Oh and Christmas time? STOP WITH THE RED SANTA SUITS...Last year, the chiefs game - we as fans were all asked to wear orange, to have an "orange sunday" - the city of Denver was using orange in everything (even the capital building was lit up orange) and out come our cheerleaders prancing around in RED santa suits. RED?!!!! for the Broncos/Chiefs game???!!! C'MON! I was dressed in orange from my head to toes...But RED cheerleading outfits? I *know* they make orange slutty-santa stuff - and if not it can be custom made....

Then there is the over-marketing of the stadium. Yeh sure, it's great that Budweiser gives some money to charity after every score...BUT do we need to hear that when we're cheering? Why not wait until they recap the touchdown and announce it then? Stop playing stupid clapping games when we're on Offense...Stop playing them when we're on Defense...Just stop with the stupid clapping games...Let us get loud & stay loud - not have a silly interruption with clapping, afterwhich everyone goes back to picking their noses & scratching their butts.

...and for Heaven's sake...Let's bring the orange back, please?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
            have you seen when they show the view at the new seattle stadium? the city background is very cool. it's all about atmosphere. all i was trying to say is that denver has the mountians right there. why not make them part of the atmosphere at bronco games?

oh, and when you do the " " around words they are supposed to be around the exact words you are quoting. i never said "pretty view". i said "one of the most beautiful sights in all of america."

peace.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel

What they *really* messed up on was moving people around from their season ticket areas. They needed to leave the groups together that had been together for 40 years - keep the same sections...They also messed up by doubling the price of tickets in the south stands. The South Stands were the place for the "blue collar" fan -- the loud, unruly fans that couldn't afford the more expensive seats, but wanted to watch the game. By doubling the price, that basically eliminated the "poor fan" from being able to go to the game.

When they tore down the old stadium, they should have left *something* in rememberance of it. You know, people had their ashes scattered at the old stadium...It was a very important part of this city's heart. They need to atleast put up a memorial...paint the field onto the parking lot...something, atleast for those fans whose family members loved that place more than life it's self & had their ashes scattered there -- That'd be like bulldozing a cemetary...

Also the tailgating policies & other rules around the stadium suck. Did you know in SD they let people start tailgating at 6am? For the evening games we won't even be allowed to get to our parking spot (which we pay 100$ a game for!) until 11am. Sure, you say, 7 hours is long enough to tailgate...but is it really? It used to be you could stay at the stadium overnight & get the party started right. I know so many people that have come to our tailgate that have never tailgated before...Whether you want to believe it or not, tailgating is a major aspect of the game...It does for people in the parking lot what the cheerleaders are supposed to do inside -- Rile them up, get them loud, get them ready...

That's another thing. I know you guys are all in droolfactor mode about the cheerleaders...But really - instead of dancing, why not actually help lead the crowd in cheers/the wave/etc? Oh and Christmas time? STOP WITH THE RED SANTA SUITS...Last year, the chiefs game - we as fans were all asked to wear orange, to have an "orange sunday" - the city of Denver was using orange in everything (even the capital building was lit up orange) and out come our cheerleaders prancing around in RED santa suits. RED?!!!! for the Broncos/Chiefs game???!!! C'MON! I was dressed in orange from my head to toes...But RED cheerleading outfits? I *know* they make orange slutty-santa stuff - and if not it can be custom made....

Then there is the over-marketing of the stadium. Yeh sure, it's great that Budweiser gives some money to charity after every score...BUT do we need to hear that when we're cheering? Why not wait until they recap the touchdown and announce it then? Stop playing stupid clapping games when we're on Offense...Stop playing them when we're on Defense...Just stop with the stupid clapping games...Let us get loud & stay loud - not have a silly interruption with clapping, afterwhich everyone goes back to picking their noses & scratching their butts.

...and for Heaven's sake...Let's bring the orange back, please?
              Preaching to the choir, Blue. I am all about the old atmosphere. I only buy the orange jerseys, because that is the color that ALL Bronco fans should wear. Seeing a sea of orange is impressive. I was at the KC game last year and found it appalling that our cheerleaders were wearing red. Invesco is nice and cozy, but Mile High was the stadium for real football fans.
              Last edited by luvdembroncs; 11-12-2004, 10:05 AM.
              Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHittas27
                which do you like better...i havent been to an invesco game yet and im going this weekend. i have been to many org. mile highs and loved it..and i was wondering which one you guys like better?
                invesco ........
                cowards die many deaths ... soljas only die one .... you gotta want it

Comment

you know, I understand that they need to raise money for the stadium but it''s too bad they have to sell the name. It would be better if they had a little invesco symbol on every seat. Mile High was a classic, like three rivers stadium.

At least invesco is an ok name at least we don't have Network Associates Collisium, or gillete stadium

Comment

this isn't exactly comparing mile high and invesco, but it is related and I don't want to post a new thread.

If you could chose what would you name the broncos home stadium?

Mile high? Elway stadium? Bronco stadium? Horsey stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyHittas27
                      lol i just noticed it...i meant thanksgiving against the fades

Thats gonna be a classic... Orange unis, and a Faider spanking all over national T.V. Your very lucky that you'll be at the game.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvdembroncs
                        Preaching to the choir, Blue. I am all about the old atmosphere. I only buy the orange jerseys, because that is the color that ALL Bronco fans should wear. Seeing a sea of orange is impressive. I was at the KC game last year and found it appalling that our cheerleaders were wearing red. Invesco is nice and cozy, but Mile High was the stadium for real football fans.
                        I know I'm preaching to the choir...But hopefully around here it will draw the attention of the bigwhigs...

And no, the "pretty view" wasn't directly quoting you - but like when people hand signal ""s around words to make an emphasis ---that's more like what I was doing....

Comment

Working...
                        X