Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tebow our ticket to a top 5 draft pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the-shuffler View Post
    If you make an unpopular decision you had better be right. It only takes 1-2 unpopular and bad decisions to doom someone's tenure.
    Do you me decisions like Miller over fairley I trust Elway to pick our QB. I think the whole Tebowmania/fan revolt thing is overblown and I don't think Elway cares to be honest. It is going to blow over.

As I said in another thread our current D is going to help any QB win. I am looking forward to getting an accurate passer and letting him loose

Comment

We sent Lloyd to the Rams for what turned out to be a 5th rd pick, so in return they give us the last swing at what i think will end up being the second pick in the draft . Elway swings the deal and the broncos draft Matt Barkley....

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofanfolife View Post
        Do you me decisions like Miller over fairley I trust Elway to pick our QB. I think the whole Tebowmania/fan revolt thing is overblown and I don't think Elway cares to be honest. It is going to blow over.

As I said in another thread our current D is going to help any QB win. I am looking forward to getting an accurate passer and letting him loose
        Our defense will be just as gassed and demoralized as they were last year and the first part of this year with KO at QB where in the 2nd half, with a rookie QB that can't read defenses and throws 2, 3 or 4 picks each game. How's that going to help the Broncos win?

Comment

Originally posted by kentucky bronc View Post
          " With the second pick in the 2012 nfl draft the Denver Broncos select Matt Barkley, quarterback University of Southern California"
          How the heck are we gonna be picking that high?

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Dreams man! Anything can happen in dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
              No one would give a first for Tebow

He needs to become a better QB for teams to trade a 1st
              When Jax didn't take Tebow on draft day I said that Del Rio would be fired and the team would be sold or moved within 3 years. It didn't even take that long for both things to occur. How could Jax pass up a guy that would have sold jersey's and seats is beyond me? What a horrible business decision.

If I'm the new owner, I'd give up a top 5 pick in a heartbeat. I think Tebow will eventually win Superbowls but even if he is a bust, don't you know the entire world will want to see the train wreck...

Tebow is worth much more than most people give him credit for. He is the most polarizing figure in football (maybe all of sports). People either love him or hate him and that's worth a ton. Why do you think the media harps on him over and over again? Because people tune in. Look at all the free press Denver has been getting the past few weeks. Tebow and the Bronco's are talked about every day not only on national TV but even in small local markets. People are tuning in to Bronco games from all over the country. Other players are getting press as well. Other guys are becoming media darlings. Of course, winning has been the big elixir but you can't deny the Tebow circus and what it's worth to a franchise if handled properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverJay View Post
                Our defense will be just as gassed and demoralized as they were last year and the first part of this year with KO at QB where in the 2nd half, with a rookie QB that can't read defenses and throws 2, 3 or 4 picks each game. How's that going to help the Broncos win?
                DJ,

Why can't a QB who is a better passer also limit turnovers?

Our current D is healthily which they were not during the first part of the season.

Why do you have to bring up Orton we all know he stunk he shouldn't be part of the conversation IMO

As far as winning goes I am willing to take some lumps if needed to win in the long term. I want some more Superbowls

Comment

DJ,

Our current D is healthily which they were not during the first part of the season.

Why do you have to bring up Orton we all know he stunk he shouldn't be part of the conversation IMO

As far as winning goes I am willing to take some lumps if needed to win in the long term. I want some more Superbowls
                  First, a LOT of rookie, first or second year QB's that are much better passers than Tebow throw a buttload of picks their first few years. Look at any of the current or recent "elite" passers in the league. Look at Elway his first three years, look at Farve's numbers, look at Peyton's or Eli's numbers their first few years. If you draft a passing QB that's going to be chucking it up 40 or 50 times a game, with the fact that every defense in the league is now geared and staffed to counter the pass, what do you think is going to happen to Elway's guy his first 3 or more years in the league?

Until Elway's mythical QB learns to read and counter what defenses are doing to counter him and get better than them at doing that, he's going to throw a buttload of picks. Tebow has other aspects of his game, namely his scrambling ability and threat of a big run, to keep defenses from just sitting back waiting for him to throw the ball to them, like they can with a young, passing quarterback.
                  Last edited by DenverJay; 11-29-2011, 10:06 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

DJ,

Also, I only mentioned Orton because he was the most recent Bronco QB that supported my argument of having the defense gassed the entire 2nd half of every game.

And to your last point, I understand you're a devout Bronco fan, as am I. I want Championships here also. But I don't agree at all with the premise that the only way you can win a Championship right now or in the future is to have a cookie-cutter, pass the ball 50 times a game type of offense.

Like I said, NFL defenses right now are geared for 90% stop the pass and 10% stop the run. Why not have a running dominated offense that exploits the weakness of virtually every defense in the league? Because eventually teams are going to catch on? Just because they catch on to what the Broncos are doing, doesn't mean they have the scheme, or more importantly the defensive personnel to stop it.

Comment

No one in their right mind would give up a first for TT. Maybe by the end of the year if he proves that he can throw the ball. But I can definitely see Elway trading TT.
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kentucky bronc View Post
                        " With the second pick in the 2012 nfl draft the Denver Broncos select Matt Barkley, quarterback University of Southern California"
                        Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        Better question is who the hell would draft Barkley that high...
                        sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

248 read up a few, and as far as it being a dream, well it very well could be. We will see when the time comes.

Comment

Tebow is easily worth 10 first round picks.
                            sigpic

Comment

I would rather have Tim Tebow rather than the #1 pick of the draft.He is clearly better than anyone i see coming out of the draft.Luck,Barkley,whomever,i rather go with the winner instead.

Have Barkely or Luck ever won a national champianship in their tenure in college?

I don't think so,and they never will.

Comment

Tebow is 5-1 this season yet people STILL want to talk about trading him....

SMH MAN, SMH

Get a grip and get over yourselves. Tebow isn't going anywhere.

While we are at it, lets entertain offers for Dumervil, Miller, and Bailey.
                                Last edited by Broncoholic JS; 11-29-2011, 10:52 PM.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X