Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tebow our ticket to a top 5 draft pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure all the Tebowites with April 2010 join dates would love to see Tim in a Jags Jersey.

But my question is, how would all the died in the wool Broncos fans feel about Elway trading Tebow and drafting a QB in the first round?

What say you?

Tebow has brought a fun ride and I, for one, would like to see where it goes. But with Dennis Allen, Von Doom and our D Rising we have plenty to be excited about.

We assume the lynch mob would be down at ELWAYS in Cherry Creek looking for the boss but is it really true?
    Last edited by rainmaker; 11-29-2011, 10:50 PM.

sigpic
    \

Comment

No i don't think Luck or Barkley have ever won a ncaa championship. I know Tee Martin did and Peyton Manning never did....so you may be onto something....

Comment

I praise the EFX staff because they didnt do what Josh McDaniels did when they first came aboard.They didn't trade Orton or Tebow,they gave them both opportunities to prove themselves.Unlike McDaniels he wanted to trade Cutler out of the gate without letting him prove himself.

Our staff will do the same with Tebow giving him a chance.He has proven himself the last 6 games showing he is a winner, his passing game has improved tremendously.We can rally around Tim and win,and i think EFX can see that.Tim will direct us with others in the organization to the playoffs this season.
        Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 11-29-2011, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
          I would rather have Tim Tebow rather than the #1 pick of the draft.He is clearly better than anyone i see coming out of the draft.Luck,Barkley,whomever,i rather go with the winner instead.

Have Barkely or Luck ever won a national champianship in their tenure in college?

I don't think so,and they never will.
          Peyton manning Aaron Rodgers drew brees never won national championships and I dont recall Tom Brady doing so as a starter either.

Comment

i think barkley is going to stay at usc and be the number 1 overall pick next year, also give him a chance to be a national champion right off the suspension he faced
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

IDK- It wouldn't surprise me if we kept TT nor would it surprise me if we dealt him in the offseason. I still get the feeling Elway still wants a QB that can pull off 3rd and long passing situations but Tebow is definitely making it hard. Its going to be interesting thats for sure.
              "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                Peyton manning Aaron Rodgers drew brees never won national championships and I dont recall Tom Brady doing so as a starter either.
                What i'm saying is, we have something special with Tim, why would you want to give it up for something less than what we have.

Comment

Originally posted by rainmaker View Post
                  I am sure all the Tebowites with April 2010 join dates would love to see Tim in a Jags Jersey.

But my question is, how would all the died in the wool Broncos fans feel about Elway trading Tebow and drafting a QB in the first round?

What say you?

Tebow has brought a fun ride and I, for one, would like to see where it goes. But with Dennis Allen, Von Doom and our D Rising we have plenty to be excited about.

We assume the lynch mob would be down at ELWAYS in Cherry Creek looking for the boss but is it really true?
                  Simply it would be insane not to see if we could turn Tebow into our championship calibre QB - Jake Plummer was close - Tebow is younger, stronger and has more room to grow. Though Elway and Tebow play vastly different - they both share the championship mentality.

There is nothing about Tebow that should let anyone even contemplate a trade to anybody - irrespective of what will go on - not giving him 1-2 full seasons would be dumb.

Comment

The Broncos would never do something that dumb?

.....that's almost as dumb as benching Plummer, when all he did was win.

.....that's almost as dumb as thinking about trading Cutler to get Cassel.
                    Last edited by BroncoBreeder; 11-30-2011, 06:15 AM.

Comment

What say you?

Ok...Here we go finally someone asks the question.... Would I be ok and not would Elway do it. So would I be ok with Elway trading TT.... If he got the #1 pick straight up...maybe. Other than that no. Look TT is about the worst starting QB in the league. The guy flat out cant throw the ball, and I honestly do not think that he will ever be a 60% (bottom of the barrel for a good starting QB in today's NFL) completion guy.He isn't going to be able to run a high powered O like we see in GB, and he will most likely get injured often with the beating that he is always taking...........But I gotta say there is something contagious about this guy. Something happens when he is playing. He makes the D better. I don't know how. But he does, and I am not talking about the D does better cause they are on he field less. The D is tougher and plays harder when he is the starting QB. Where the correlation is I have no idea. But the proof is in the pudding. Winning is the only thing that matters in this league. I don't care what our O is or how ugly it looks (really ugly right now). We are winning games and last time I checked only Aaron Rodgers is winning at a higher % than our terrible D and our QB that cant throw......And that is enough for me. And IMO it should be enough for any Bronco fan
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by edens_apple View Post
                        1- the GM who didn't like Tebow just got an extension there
                        2- the owner who did like Tebow won't be the owner much longer
                        3- they suck and have a top 5 draft pick, prolly wanna use it
                        4- Wait til the season is over, if Tebow takes us to playoffs, I don't see us trading him, if he wins at least 1 game, we definitely don't
                        5- Wait til season is over, if Tebow and Broncos lose the rest of the way, we won't get squat for him
                        6- They have Gabbert (jk)

/thread

Comment

If it aint broke dont fix it...period.

If not since Elway did not 'draft' most of our player we should just clean the slate and draft a whole new team.

Seriously, Doom to the texans for their 1st, Champ to the Patriots for a 1st, Clady to whereever for a 1st, then Tebow in Jax for their 1st (or their superior looking Qb, notice I said looking not performing)...

We coul have at least 3-4 1 st round imagine that ! wow

And then we would just get back at being good on paper on loosing the exitment we have not seem in years (I know I have not been this happy/exited to watch our games in a while for sure)

But then also I'll start more rumors, Norv turner will be fired and Rivers will be traded since the NEw HC will want his guy Oh and Tom Coughflin (SP?) also. You head it here first folk Rivers and Manning on the market next year :thumb: (insert a lot of sarcasm here)
                          Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                          -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

What say you?

I have an April 2010 join date and I wouldn't like to see Tebow in a Jags jersey.

Comment

As much as i can laugh at the "tin foil hat" coinspiracies.. I can actually see this. The new owner is a "businessman." He isnt stupid and knows that add to the fact that Tebowmania is running wild, then add to the fact Jax is his home territory, leads me to believe that he could possibly look at that as an option. He knows that a top 5 pick isnt going to sell tickets like Tebow can. Now the question is, what would he do with Gabbert? He would likely be part of the deal, IMO.

Also add to the fact that Elway could justify this trade if he got a lot out of Tebow.

Now will it happen, probably not. But this is a really good "what if." It makes sense on so many levels. But honestly, i hope it doesnt. We have a good chemistry, why screw with that. Tebow will only get better.
                              PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gallegos7788 View Post
                                With the sale of Jacksonville and the new owner announcing that the team will remain in Florida.

Does Tebow offer enough appeal to the Jacksonville brass and Elway to make a deal?
                                If so hell yeh. That would be an amazing deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X