Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tebow our ticket to a top 5 draft pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    If so hell yeh. That would be an amazing deal.
    Wow, shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
      Well, he's right. A top-five for a guy whose actual trade value is no better than a third-rounder? We'd be absolutely fleecing the Jags. That's exactly why this will never, ever happen.
      I agree, it will never happen. But yeah, I hate going from 1-4 to 6-5 since Tebow took over at QB. I know you and others want to completely dismiss that he's had any affect on the turn around, but that's not supported by fact. Try reading my other posts in this thread, I spelled out clearly why drafting another new QB that is a cookie-cutter, passing QB is going to get us nothing but a buttload of interceptions and crappy records for several years to come.

But then again, I know wins don't matter to some folks, they just want Tebow out of here at any cost, I get it.
      Last edited by DenverJay; 11-30-2011, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch24 View Post
        Yeah I could see them trading for Tebow, but not giving up a top 5 pick.
        I'd trade for Tebow in a second if I owned a franchise...especially in Florida. His passing will get better. He's shown me enough "flashes" as a passer to make me think he can become a more consistent passer.

Comment

Every player has a price. For any player, there's a hypothetical deal so good that you can't pass it up, no matter if it's Adam Weber or Von Miller. For Tim Tebow, a top-five pick is that good a deal. That's the kind of compensation you only get for true superstars.
          So why not keep him and continue to build the team in other areas?

Comment

Because he's not a true superstar. Because the compensation would be so wildly above and beyond what it ought to be. As I've been saying, that's why we ought to take the hypothetical deal, and also why it will never be offered in the first place.
            Oh yeah, I know, you can see into the future.

HE'S HAD 9 STARTS!!! I'm glad you can tell after 9 starts that he's never going to be a REAL quarterback. SHAZAAM!! Some team should hire you to look at potential draft picks so they know whether they'll ever amount to anything or not.

Comment

Because he's not a true superstar. Because the compensation would be so wildly above and beyond what it ought to be. As I've been saying, that's why we ought to take the hypothetical deal, and also why it will never be offered in the first place.
              Not a true superstar? I think I have heard more about Tebow since he started than Brady, Manning, and yes even Rodgers. I live in Los Angeles so its not just the local Denver Media. Like it or not, Tebow is a superstar, draws crowds, and has every analyst scratching their heads trying to figure out the next excuse on why they are wrong. Just becuase people dont like his style of play, doesnt mean its not effective, and no one ever questions his will to win.
              There is no plan B.

Comment

Top 5 in what round? They announced after fireing Jack they are going to stick with Gabbert after trading up to get him in top 10. Tim has very little value in trade at this time to alot of team would think it would be hard to get a 3rd or higher at this time.

Comment

I'm talking about what Tebow is right now, and that's where I'll leave it. I got the impression from your first reply that you were more interested in putting words in my mouth than having an honest discussion, and I should have trusted that instinct.
                  I'm not putting words in your mouth. You're the one who said that a top 5 pick is for True Superstars, and then claimed that Tebow isn't one. Since you didn't specify "right now" in your original statement, you implied that he never will be. Which I simply stated that your implied claim that Tebow will never be a superstar is completely ridiculous. If you meant right now, you should have said right now.

And my honest discussion is that this entire idea of trading Tebow is nothing but a pipe dream concocted by people who didn't want Tebow here in the first place and will embrace any crazy idea that gets him off the team and out of Denver.

I'll also go one further. If Elway trades Tebow for nothing more than a chance to draft a QB that's "His guy", and then "His Guy" has a worse record than Tebow over the same number of starts, Elway and Xanders should both be fired.

Comment

For whom, though?

We'd be out of reach for Luck, barring us selling the entire team for one player.

One of the CB's will fall (there're too many good offensive playmakers). Maybe a DT will fall.

I say focus on the rest of the team and draft a backup role rookie like Tannehill or Jefferson.

Let's ride this train for however long it lasts. Hopefully that's a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SM19
                      "Is" is a present-tense verb. I mean, honestly, I get it. There are a lot of people here who will take any opportunity to bash Tebow, just as there are a lot who will defend him to the point of absurdity. Everyone on the forums seems to have a bunker mentality these days, but I've tried to assume that people are discussing Tebow in good faith until they prove otherwise. It would be nice to get the same courtesy in return.

On this we agree. The idea seems to have gotten a pretty warm reception from the hardcore Tebow fans though, possibly for the same reasons.
                      I can't believe we've gotten to the point of debating the definition of what "Is" is. Yes, we're all a bit edgy when it comes to the Tebow debate.

All I care about when it comes to the Broncos is winning games. That's all that matters. The rest, the arguments about throwing motion, how Tebow "looks", whether he can hit 60% of his passes, it's all crap. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is do the Broncos win or not. I don't care if it's ugly, did they win? And since the time when Tebow took over AND the change in the offense, they've been winning games. The bottom line is, as long as they keep winning, Elway needs to keep him and develop him.

I'm just saying that if Elway gives up on Tebow and trades him (while still winning) for nothing but another unproven, rookie QB that happens to have a different playstyle and maybe a better throwing motion, it's a stupid move to make, and anyone that's looking at the situation without prejudice against Tebow can see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverJay View Post
                        Our defense will be just as gassed and demoralized as they were last year and the first part of this year with KO at QB where in the 2nd half, with a rookie QB that can't read defenses and throws 2, 3 or 4 picks each game. How's that going to help the Broncos win?
                        I agree that if we have 4 + turnovers a game it is going to hurt the team and D I

asked why can't a rookie QB be accurate while throwing? sure he may throw a pick but the D can overcome 1. Not to mention the fact that we we should be putting up more points too.

Comment

First, a LOT of rookie, first or second year QB's that are much better passers than Tebow throw a buttload of picks their first few years. Look at any of the current or recent "elite" passers in the league. Look at Elway his first three years, look at Farve's numbers, look at Peyton's or Eli's numbers their first few years. If you draft a passing QB that's going to be chucking it up 40 or 50 times a game, with the fact that every defense in the league is now geared and staffed to counter the pass, what do you think is going to happen to Elway's guy his first 3 or more years in the league?

Until Elway's mythical QB learns to read and counter what defenses are doing to counter him and get better than them at doing that, he's going to throw a buttload of picks. Tebow has other aspects of his game, namely his scrambling ability and threat of a big run, to keep defenses from just sitting back waiting for him to throw the ball to them, like they can with a young, passing quarterback.
                          Your right a young QB that is passing may throw picks but again I'll say thats okay because we well be putting up more points I wouldn't mind running our current O with an accurate passer this cold be a deadly combo.

The big reason Tebow is'nt throwing picks is because he isn't throwing the ball enough to.

Comment

Also, I only mentioned Orton because he was the most recent Bronco QB that supported my argument of having the defense gassed the entire 2nd half of every game.

And to your last point, I understand you're a devout Bronco fan, as am I. I want Championships here also. But I don't agree at all with the premise that the only way you can win a Championship right now or in the future is to have a cookie-cutter, pass the ball 50 times a game type of offense.

Like I said, NFL defenses right now are geared for 90% stop the pass and 10% stop the run. Why not have a running dominated offense that exploits the weakness of virtually every defense in the league? Because eventually teams are going to catch on? Just because they catch on to what the Broncos are doing, doesn't mean they have the scheme, or more importantly the defensive personnel to stop it.
                            I see your point about flipping to 90% run and 10% pass I would argue this is not going to work when we fall behind. I give you GB and the lions as 2 examples from this season alone.

and your right all Broncos fans want the team to win

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncofanfolife View Post
                              The big reason Tebow is'nt throwing picks is because he isn't throwing the ball enough to.

On part of the answer my friend, the other parts are:
                              1-he does not force the ball into coverage
                              2-throws low ball (= less chances of getting INT)
                              3-does not make a risky throw he either keeps the ball and runs or throws it out of bounds

And this is why he does not thorws picks. He probably learned from a coach that everything is better than turning the ball over.
                              Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                              -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

• Originally posted by Louich View Post
                                On part of the answer my friend, the other parts are:
                                1-he does not force the ball into coverage
                                2-throws low ball (= less chances of getting INT)
                                3-does not make a risky throw he either keeps the ball and runs or throws it out of bounds

And this is why he does not thorws picks. He probably learned from a coach that everything is better than turning the ball over.
                                Louich,

I see what your saying and if this is the case why doesn't Tebow throw the ball more? Based on what your saying we should trust Tebow to throw more correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X