Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tebow our ticket to a top 5 draft pick?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Broncofanfolife View Post
    Louich,

    I see what your saying and if this is the case why doesn't Tebow throw the ball more? Based on what your saying we should trust Tebow to throw more correct?
    well Yes and no

    Yes-
    if we were in a more pass happy offensive scheme (wich we are not)
    if TT and the rest of wr corp had more time to 'gel' and obtain better timing (wich seem to be lacking at the moment, but improving a bit I'd say)

    No-
    We are winning with a smash mouth offense (wich I really like to watch)
    The defenses these day are more geared towards passing than running (hence all the 3-4 defense we did not see 10 year ago)
    More time for the kid to get accustomed to the reads and react (the mecanical aspect of it)

    Now, since we only ahve a limited number of plays in a game shifting a part of the snaps to the passing colum would affect the running game in the sense that defenses would be less on their heels about Tim (will he run, will throw, will option).

    I am confident that as time goes by we will see Tebow throw more but for now he does not need to, we get result with the whatever it takes approach.

    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

    Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

    Comment


    • tbh i don't understand how the tebow=ticket to draft pick discussion turned into a "why not let tebow throw more" discussion.

      but to answer that latter, i'll say this. why would we throw the ball more when we can just run over them while gaining 150+yds/game eat the clock and still win? running=less chance of turnovers so unless it's needed i'd say run all day and only pass out of necessity

      Comment


      • Originally posted by lilchun87 View Post
        tbh i don't understand how the tebow=ticket to draft pick discussion turned into a "why not let tebow throw more" discussion.

        but to answer that latter, i'll say this. why would we throw the ball more when we can just run over them while gaining 150+yds/game eat the clock and still win? running=less chance of turnovers so unless it's needed i'd say run all day and only pass out of necessity
        because its way better to beat a live horse than a should not be alive horse no?
        Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

        Adopted Broncos:
        -:Mr. Decker:-

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Louich View Post
          because its way better to beat a live horse than a should not be alive horse no?
          I well try to respond to both questions in this post. The reason I bring up the lack of passing with regards to Tebow is because I want to see a QB throw the ball. I want to know we can win if we have to play from behind. I find the rush only game plan boring to watch.

          I think Elway agrees and this is why we need to go in a different direction with an accurate passer at QB & a deal like we are discussing would allow is to do this.

          Comment


          • to be quite honest, tebow is/was an accurate passer. until some critics decided that his throwing motion needed to be fixed to fit that of the current qb "mold". if you don't believe me go watch his florida games.

            also while you may see the run game boring to watch, i actually think it's very entertaining to watch. i've always liked watching the rush attack and is why almost all my favorite players are RB's.

            i think if people stop trying to mess with tebow's "mechanics" and just let him throw the way he's comfortable throwing you'll see the accuracy you want to see. i mean look at rivers's throwing motion it's horrendous yet he's one of the most accurate passers in the league. the chargers didn't try to change him and he's been successful as a passer his entire career(except this year lol).

            edit: also i might be wrong in this but i'm pretty sure all the games we won with tebow(minus the raiders game) we've always played from behind right?

            to elaborate more on the "mechs" of his passing, think of it this way. if the "protypical passing" motion was the way tebow threw and you drafted an elway/rogers/brady would you change their motion? i don't think so, because they can't throw that way they're not comfortable throwing that way and they'll never be comfortable throwing that way. if you try to change someone's natural ability it'll only hinder them. instead of changing it you need to embrace it.
            Last edited by lilchun87; 11-30-2011, 01:39 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by lilchun87 View Post
              to be quite honest, tebow is/was an accurate passer. until some critics decided that his throwing motion needed to be fixed to fit that of the current qb "mold". if you don't believe me go watch his florida games.

              also while you may see the run game boring to watch, i actually think it's very entertaining to watch. i've always liked watching the rush attack and is why almost all my favorite players are RB's.

              i think if people stop trying to mess with tebow's "mechanics" and just let him throw the way he's comfortable throwing you'll see the accuracy you want to see. i mean look at rivers's throwing motion it's horrendous yet he's one of the most accurate passers in the league. the chargers didn't try to change him and he's been successful as a passer his entire career(except this year lol).

              edit: also i might be wrong in this but i'm pretty sure all the games we won with tebow(minus the raiders game) we've always played from behind right?
              I agree with you about not messing with Tim's mechanics, I only care that he can throw an accurate ball I don't care how it gets done I just want to see us air it out more often and complete is mid rage passes say between 15 and 25 yards etc.

              As far as playing come behind I want an O that can wither burry teams with points or stay in a shoot out if need be, see NE,NO, GB etc. I don't like smash mouth football as our only option it has a place but if we have a true dual threat like Cam Newton a perfect. example I was gonna say Rodgers but he is on another planet he is playing lights out. we would be set.

              Comment


              • Tebow owes this team a top 5 pick! Because without him at QB, we would have a top 5 pick.

                Comment


                • oh yea for sure having a dual threat is the best asset any team can ask for as a QB. but at least tebow's not throwing int's left and right like cam lol(don't get me wrong he's a great QB just needs to cool it with the ints)

                  and it'd be a nice change of pace to air it out especially when teams are expecting run run run run run pass. i just think right now with everyone worrying about tim's mechs he's not and the staff isn't comfortable with him throwing it. hopefully in the off season the coaches and elway will realize that they don't have to worry about his mechs and just work with it to make him into a better passer than he was when he was at UF.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by lilchun87 View Post
                    oh yea for sure having a dual threat is the best asset any team can ask for as a QB. but at least tebow's not throwing int's left and right like cam lol(don't get me wrong he's a great QB just needs to cool it with the ints)

                    and it'd be a nice change of pace to air it out especially when teams are expecting run run run run run pass. i just think right now with everyone worrying about tim's mechs he's not and the staff isn't comfortable with him throwing it. hopefully in the off season the coaches and elway will realize that they don't have to worry about his mechs and just work with it to make him into a better passer than he was when he was at UF.
                    I didn't get a chance to watch gators football living in Colorado so I'll ask college ball fans like yourself this? Did Tebow throw an accurate ball in college? I ask because if he did then why do some want to change his mechanics?

                    We know Tim can run if we can add the passing element into our game plan then we defiantly have something to build on. To bring it back to the topic maybe it raises Tim's value to other team's.

                    Comment


                    • tebow was extremely accurate in college. i'm a huge sooners fan(grew up in OK so it's in my blood lol) and one game that sticks out to me was the championship game vs #1 OK vs #2 UF

                      tebow completed 60% of his passes for 230 yds 2 tds/2 ints(not the greatest but remember he can also run and i'll include those later) vs bradford(a prototypical pocket passer) who completed 63% of his passes for 250 yds 2 tds/2 ints

                      but tebow also ran for 100+ yds in that game as well.

                      i don't recall the exact numbers for his college career but i believe he finished with somewhere around 65% completion. and bradford just barely above that.

                      now as a sooners fan i hate what he did to OK but i as a football fan i can respect it and i also don't understand why the big boys upstairs want to change it.

                      Comment


                      • Mentally handicapped Horses behind.
                        I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DenverJay View Post
                          Wow, shocker.
                          So I guess you wouldn't take a top 5 pick for Tebow then ?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                            So I guess you wouldn't take a top 5 pick for Tebow then ?
                            I would only if it guaranteed us Luck

                            I am not so hyped on any other Qb other than him and RG3, and RG3 should be available in the mid 1st

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                              I would only if it guaranteed us Luck

                              I am not so hyped on any other Qb other than him and RG3, and RG3 should be available in the mid 1st
                              I think your right about RG3 but his stock could shoot up between now and the draft I well feel good about our shot to get him if we can stay in the teen's to mid 20's.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                                I would only if it guaranteed us Luck

                                I am not so hyped on any other Qb other than him and RG3, and RG3 should be available in the mid 1st
                                I think RG3 will be a top 10 pick and top 5 if Washington are in the top 5.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X