Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tebow our ticket to a top 5 draft pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncofanfolife
    replied
    Thank you for the insight Gator

Leave a comment:

• GatorNation4Lyf
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncofanfolife View Post
    I didn't get a chance to watch gators football living in Colorado so I'll ask college ball fans like yourself this? Did Tebow throw an accurate ball in college? I ask because if he did then why do some want to change his mechanics?

We know Tim can run if we can add the passing element into our game plan then we defiantly have something to build on. To bring it back to the topic maybe it raises Tim's value to other team's.
    I believe one year Tebow had the highest passing % in SEC history (I may be wrong but it was waaay off the charts). He was extremely accurate in college playing against tough SEC defenses. The best game to look at for me was the SECCG against Bama in the 4th quarter. Bama defenders were attached to Gator receivers but he put the ball in some incredibly tight spots. Here are 2 quotes on that game by both head coaches...

Junior quarterback Tim Tebow was the big star for the Gators. The junior QB had 216 yards passing with 3 TDs and no interceptions plus fifty seven yards on the ground. Florida head coach Urban Meyer praised Tebow effusively in his post game comments:

"I've had some great players, and I've got some great players on this team. But I've never had one like this", said Urban Meyer. "Tim's got something special inside him. I'm not talking about throwing. I'm not talking about running. I'm talking about making everyone around him better. That fourth quarter was vintage Tim Tebow."

Alabama coach Nick Saban agreed:

"He's a great competitor. He takes his teammates on his shoulders a lot. They have a lot of confidence he's going to make plays, and they play that way. They scored two touchdowns where we had them covered about as well as we could cover them."

Then finally, take a look at the link below. It shows the 6 best QBs in the SEC and how Tebow stacked up. I think it's very telling and is the reason I think Tebow is not only a first round pick but should have been THE 1st pick. I agree his street value is probably a 3rd rounder but for me he would be the first player drafted. Ahead of Cam Newton and next year's Andrew Luck. I've seen enough of this kid to know that he wins games and inspires others. I know he's a great passer but since he changed his motion it's probably hurt him as he's relearning how to throw. I'm totally confident that he will work on his passing to the point where he will be one of the best in the game.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...rterbacks.html

The Jags should have drafted him the first go round and if they are sincere about staying in Jax, they need Tebow and should offer the house. I hope Denver doesn't do it as I follow the Bronco's and to me it could come back to bite ala the curse of the Bambino...

Leave a comment:

• Broncofanfolife
    replied
    Originally posted by Potzer01 View Post
    Faster release so the defense has less time to react to it.

I can tell you I've never seen him throw as many spirals as he's throwing this year. He always had average accuracy(above average at best)

I think the changes to the throwing motion are probably an improvement.

When he was having spring practice in 2007 there was an interview after practice talking about Tim's maturation as a thrower. The quote that stuck with me was, "Tim its great that the receivers say their hands hurt after practice, but they've gotta catch these." That's pretty much the only knock on Tim's passing Urban ever made publicly.

He's throwing better balls then I've ever seen him throw. However he's throwing em hard, and down and away to try and avoid turnovers.

Give him an off-season with his mini-camps, receivers, and the new throwing motion. There will be improvement, with the team playing the way it is, that will be explosive.
    I am going to be watching the rest of the season and seeing what happens. I hope the kid can keep improving. I keep asking myself is the lack of passing because of Tebow or the playacting?

Thanks for the insight appreciate it

Leave a comment:

• JJGBPD
    replied
    The ONLY possible way anything other than Tebow would work, or could even be rationalized to me, is to get Andrew Luck.

Leave a comment:

• Potzer01
    replied
    At this point I say Tebow should stick with what works for him and he feels most comfortable with. Unless there is a football related reason to change his motion? like being able to squeeze the ball into smaller windows etc.
    Faster release so the defense has less time to react to it.

I can tell you I've never seen him throw as many spirals as he's throwing this year. He always had average accuracy(above average at best)

I think the changes to the throwing motion are probably an improvement.

When he was having spring practice in 2007 there was an interview after practice talking about Tim's maturation as a thrower. The quote that stuck with me was, "Tim its great that the receivers say their hands hurt after practice, but they've gotta catch these." That's pretty much the only knock on Tim's passing Urban ever made publicly.

He's throwing better balls then I've ever seen him throw. However he's throwing em hard, and down and away to try and avoid turnovers.

Give him an off-season with his mini-camps, receivers, and the new throwing motion. There will be improvement, with the team playing the way it is, that will be explosive.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Yeah there is no way a new owner will give a top 5 pick for Tebow straight up. There is still a general manager and a pro scouting department which I am sure have a brain.

Leave a comment:

• Gallegos7788
    replied
    What people need to understand is that no team will trade a top 5 pick straight up for Tebow.

But they would take Tebow and swap firsts w/ Denver along with compensation.

It's a very realistic possibility.

Leave a comment:

• the-shuffler
    replied
    Originally posted by GatorNation4Lyf View Post
    When Jax didn't take Tebow on draft day I said that Del Rio would be fired and the team would be sold or moved within 3 years. It didn't even take that long for both things to occur. How could Jax pass up a guy that would have sold jersey's and seats is beyond me? What a horrible business decision.

If I'm the new owner, I'd give up a top 5 pick in a heartbeat. I think Tebow will eventually win Superbowls but even if he is a bust, don't you know the entire world will want to see the train wreck...

Tebow is worth much more than most people give him credit for. He is the most polarizing figure in football (maybe all of sports). People either love him or hate him and that's worth a ton. Why do you think the media harps on him over and over again? Because people tune in. Look at all the free press Denver has been getting the past few weeks. Tebow and the Bronco's are talked about every day not only on national TV but even in small local markets. People are tuning in to Bronco games from all over the country. Other players are getting press as well. Other guys are becoming media darlings. Of course, winning has been the big elixir but you can't deny the Tebow circus and what it's worth to a franchise if handled properly.
    If the new Jags owner wants to make money, sell seats and increase the value of his franchise... he would want to trade for Tebow.

Ususally winning puts people in the stands. But Tebow would instantly bring people to games. Heck, he was #1 in jersey sales while on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• Broncofanfolife
    replied
    Originally posted by Southtown View Post
    HAHA..yeah Creed should come w/ a warning at all times!

There were some nice catches by the Wr's for sure. But to your point, there were also some really good throws into tighter spots, as well as him hitting his back foot and releasing the ball.

I don't really know what to think of it. He certainly looked better to me passing the ball then (no wild under/over throws) but everyone said he needed to rework his motion.

I am curious to see if in the off-season he continues to work on his "new" delivery or just goes back to doing what is comfortable to him.
    At this point I say Tebow should stick with what works for him and he feels most comfortable with. Unless there is a football related reason to change his motion? like being able to squeeze the ball into smaller windows etc.

Leave a comment:

• Southtown
    replied
    Thanks for the video & heads up on the audio, defiantly not a Creed fan.

now onto the passes there were defiantly some nice throws . It looked to me on a few of those balls the ball was under thrown and the WR's made good adjustments

I well say this though Tebow looked better passing the ball. he did have a few nice throws into tighter spots.

I hope Tebow can gain more confidence in his throws and that he well throw the ball more going forward.

I am still skeptical but the rest the year is going to be entertaining no doubt
    HAHA..yeah Creed should come w/ a warning at all times!

There were some nice catches by the Wr's for sure. But to your point, there were also some really good throws into tighter spots, as well as him hitting his back foot and releasing the ball.

I don't really know what to think of it. He certainly looked better to me passing the ball then (no wild under/over throws) but everyone said he needed to rework his motion.

I am curious to see if in the off-season he continues to work on his "new" delivery or just goes back to doing what is comfortable to him.

Leave a comment:

• Broncofanfolife
    replied
    Originally posted by Southtown View Post
    Here is a link to his last college game, before he "re-worked" his throwing motion heading into the NFL draft.

Now, granted this is a sub-par college D he was facing, but you can see he is throwing the ball w/ accuracy where his receivers are. I'm not sure on this but I believe it was his best statistical passing day, or one of them.

The screen shot says: 88.5% completion for 482 yards. I don't know off-hand what his college career completion % is though.

Also, unless you like Creed you may want to mute the audio.

Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06IrjVSICk4
    Thanks for the video & heads up on the audio, defiantly not a Creed fan.

now onto the passes there were defiantly some nice throws . It looked to me on a few of those balls the ball was under thrown and the WR's made good adjustments

I well say this though Tebow looked better passing the ball. he did have a few nice throws into tighter spots.

I hope Tebow can gain more confidence in his throws and that he well throw the ball more going forward.

I am still skeptical but the rest the year is going to be entertaining no doubt

Leave a comment:

• Southtown
    replied
    I didn't get a chance to watch gators football living in Colorado so I'll ask college ball fans like yourself this? Did Tebow throw an accurate ball in college? I ask because if he did then why do some want to change his mechanics?

We know Tim can run if we can add the passing element into our game plan then we defiantly have something to build on. To bring it back to the topic maybe it raises Tim's value to other team's.
    Here is a link to his last college game, before he "re-worked" his throwing motion heading into the NFL draft.

Now, granted this is a sub-par college D he was facing, but you can see he is throwing the ball w/ accuracy where his receivers are. I'm not sure on this but I believe it was his best statistical passing day, or one of them.

The screen shot says: 88.5% completion for 482 yards. I don't know off-hand what his college career completion % is though.

Also, unless you like Creed you may want to mute the audio.

Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06IrjVSICk4
    Last edited by Southtown; 11-30-2011, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    I would only if it guaranteed us Luck

I am not so hyped on any other Qb other than him and RG3, and RG3 should be available in the mid 1st
    I think RG3 will be a top 10 pick and top 5 if Washington are in the top 5.

Leave a comment:

• Broncofanfolife
    replied
    Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post

I am not so hyped on any other Qb other than him and RG3, and RG3 should be available in the mid 1st
    I think your right about RG3 but his stock could shoot up between now and the draft I well feel good about our shot to get him if we can stay in the teen's to mid 20's.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    So I guess you wouldn't take a top 5 pick for Tebow then ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X