Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike and Mike says we should go after Peyton Manning next year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    With a QB like Peyton our run game wouldn't be relied on to score our 10-20 PPG. We could throw it.
    Until his injury flairs up, and he's done for the season. Then, after wasting the 1st team reps on him, Tebow comes in again to save the season. AND again without 1st team reps in the off season just so we can hear people complain about no timing/trust built up between him and the receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanfromia View Post
      Until his injury flairs up, and he's done for the season. Then, after wasting the 1st team reps on him, Tebow comes in again to save the season. AND again without 1st team reps in the off season just so we can hear people complain about no timing/trust built up between him and the receivers.
      I could care less. I would rather have a chance to win a championship. Peyton if he is healthy would give you a chance for that for a few years and develop Tebow and still use him often in some zone read/option packages. It would be great. And Tebow could learn from the best.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanfromia View Post
        With peyton manning running this offense I'd almost guarantee that our rushing game would suffer.

I don't have the exact numbers, but I doubt our normal dive plays are as effective as our read option. Peyton's not exactly your typical read option QB.
        The Broncos aren't running the read option because they want to. They're doing it because they have to.

With Manning they can run a legitimate NFL offense.

They'll eventually be able to run a legitimate NFL offense with Tebow but Manning would still be the preference, especially if the defense keeps improving.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
          Yeah... Honestly right now if you put a healthy Manning in control of this team, I doubt we would lose a single game... We're that good in all aspects of the game right now outside of the passing game... With that we are unstoppable.
          So what happens to the running game? You think those holes will be open like they are now? It would be like the McD lead Broncos all over again, racking up passing yards, no rushing yards.

Comment

Yeah... Honestly right now if you put a healthy Manning in control of this team, I doubt we would lose a single game... We're that good in all aspects of the game right now outside of the passing game... With that we are unstoppable.
            I dunno, would the WR's catch anything? Would the run game be as effective seeing as the defense doesn't have to worry about the QB taking off and running?

It's hard saying if Manning was healthy he's been able to play lights out without a running game but the lack of wr's at this point could hurt his game.
            sigpic

Comment

I doubt the colts are able to trade manning for good value. Questions about the neck and a massive contract. If he is a free agent I do hope we can sign him but I wouldnt part with tebow if we did. I think nobody would argue tebow should start over Peyton manning unless they are downright nuts. Honestly if manning was our QB i would be thinking super bowl with the way this defense is playing plus the fact that he can take basically any WR and elevate there game.

Comment

The one thing I will say about Manning is if we did end up with him he is one QB who would likely mentor Tebow because from all I've heard he really likes and believes in the kid. So that would likely be ideal for Tim. If he's going to lose his job to someone at least it would be someone who'd mentor him instead of sitting on the sidelines moaping in a bottle of Jack Daniels.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncs04 View Post
                  So what happens to the running game? You think those holes will be open like they are now? It would be like the McD lead Broncos all over again, racking up passing yards, no rushing yards.
                  well mcgahee was running well with orton in the lineup. Also the defense is playing lights out. Teams would also have to respect mannings arm and not be able to stack the box. I think if we had manning the run game wouldnt suffer we could still pick up good production and the pass game will be 10x better than what we had all year round.

Comment

As much as i love Peyton, no way. We would have to give up too much, and he is likely only going to play a few more years. Ill pass.
                    PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

LOL

"The offense would suffer with PEYTON MANNING"

LOL
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        The Broncos aren't running the read option because they want to. They're doing it because they have to.

With Manning they can run a legitimate NFL offense.

They'll eventually be able to run a legitimate NFL offense with Tebow but Manning would still be the preference, especially if the defense keeps improving.
                        Ah, so the only "legitimate" offense is one where they pass the ball 40 or 50 times a game? Which by the way if you have an offense built around Manning, he's going to require that. Plus, with the crazy gutting of the existing team that would be necessary to get him, you would probably have to pass that much because you wouldn't have anything else worth a damn.

Seems to me we are seeing with every win each week, that the Broncos are proving you don't have to have a crazy, pass-happy offense to win games.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          LOL

LOL
                          Cory - Would that not be the ultimate situation for Tim Tebow? I'm seriously thinking a possible championship with Manning and then it could potentially continue with Tebow. Steve Young grew an awful lot behind Joe Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            LOL

LOL
                            I don't know that suffer is the right word, more like this offense doesn't have enough talent for Peyton Manning. Maybe if we draft some WR's that don't oil their hands up in Crisco before the game we would be ok but Manning can't throw to himself and there's no other WR's on this roster I'd trust to catch a flippin ball...
                            sigpic

Comment

lol guys.. Peyton isn't coming to Denver, and honestly, take off your orange and blue glasses. Is that how you would want Elway to retire? On some other team?

He's a Colt and will retire as one.
                              Adopted Poster
                              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

If we had a Peyton Manning kind of QB, we would be a Super Bowl contender right now...
                                That's such a silly statement. Being that his team is 0-11 without him and that same team were SB contenders with him, it can easily be said he makes any team a SB contender. But with that being said, would our receivers still have a case of the dropsies?
                                #swapping

Comment

Working...
                                X