Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike and Mike says we should go after Peyton Manning next year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    That's such a silly statement. Being that his team is 0-11 without him and that same team were SB contenders with him, it can easily be said he makes any team a SB contender. But with that being said, would our receivers still have a case of the dropsies?
    I think they would, I'm not really buying this left handed spiral crap personally.....

Here's the other issue no one is mentioning, if Manning came to Denver he'd be reinjured quick, has anyone forgotten how bad our pass blocking was prior to getting a mobile QB?
    sigpic

Comment

You would have to be in denial if you think Peyton wouldn't help us, but the reality is it isn't going to happen. We would have to give up too much and the window that is Manning's career will be closing before he is able to return to the Peyton we all know

Comment

A healthy Peyton Manning makes just about any team he goes to a Super Bowl contender. Personally I think with his type of injury he would be foolish to come back to the game; but no one over the last decade has been more of a gamer than he is...he may not be able to stay away.

Comment

Not cleared

Peyton has not been cleared to play again and frankly the last Dr appt this week revealed that his neck is not healed and there is ZERO chance that any Dr is going to clear him.

As stated by many pundits, it is becoming more and more clear that Peyton's career as a PLAYER is over. Peyton has also expressed huge interest in becoming the color commentator for the Tennessee Vol's. If he does become a coordinator I guarantee Indy will pay him whatever he wants.

Chances of Peyton coming here 0.000000001%

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            The one thing I will say about Manning is if we did end up with him he is one QB who would likely mentor Tebow because from all I've heard he really likes and believes in the kid. So that would likely be ideal for Tim. If he's going to lose his job to someone at least it would be someone who'd mentor him instead of sitting on the sidelines moaping in a bottle of Jack Daniels.
            Considering Manning thinks the best way for a quarterback to develop is to play, I don't think he has much interest in mentoring anyone. It's already been reported that he thinks that if the Colts draft Luck then Luck should play.

I don't see Tebow sticking around if the Broncos bring in Manning. I think Manning would be the place holder until he retires and the Broncos draft a quarterback around whom they can run a traditional NFL offense.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I think they would, I'm not really buying this left handed spiral crap personally.....

Here's the other issue no one is mentioning, if Manning came to Denver he'd be reinjured quick, has anyone forgotten how bad our pass blocking was prior to getting a mobile QB?
              He's ultra immobile and a broken neck makes him no better, lol! Plus anyone even thinking about this is blind to the fact that we have a youth movement going on. Unless he's gonna be on the sideline in a team polo with a clipboard in his hands, it ain't happening. And with no internal relationships to him, I definitely don't see it happening, not even in a distant parallel universe.
              #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by KillianRed View Post
                You would have to be in denial if you think Peyton wouldn't help us, but the reality is it isn't going to happen. We would have to give up too much and the window that is Manning's career will be closing before he is able to return to the Peyton we all know
                I agree 110% that it'll never happen.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  No. If Manning is traded it means Luck was the pick. So why would they want Tebow. Also with the injury I doubt 2 first rounders. But whatever. If it was for a 2nd or 3rd it would be worth a shot.

Honestly could you imagine Manning going for less than Palmer?

I would love to see the raiders face if that happens. Not that I want it to happen. But I easily see the Cowboys and Miami types making it an all out war for Manning.

Comment

Peyton's done.

Comment

Tebow was sacked 13 times in his first two starts. The Broncos have given up 25 sacks so far. That means that in 4 1/2 games with Orton they gave up less than 12 sacks. Manning can get rid of the ball quickly and move the team down the field.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

If the cost isn't to high and Manning's neck checks out, then heck yeah bring him in! Denver would have a great shot at a championship with one of the best QB's ever to play the game. If he even has 2-3 years left it could be a very fun few years!

Comment

Manninng gets rid of the ball QUICK. He knows exactly where he is going with it before the snap.

Look at how often he got hit behind that line compared to Collins, and Painter.

Comment

Well, i wouldn't trade 2 1sts for him, but for a 3rd, and maybe a player, i'd take the risk.

This is a SB team with Peyton at helm but no chance it happens anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              I could care less. I would rather have a chance to win a championship. Peyton if he is healthy would give you a chance for that for a few years and develop Tebow and still use him often in some zone read/option packages. It would be great. And Tebow could learn from the best.
                              Why? Because Peyton has won so many already? Peyton has managed to get exposed in every season but one. He is the Dan Marino of this generation of quarterbacks. A team is so dependent on his skill set, that once the upper tier teams take it away, they are done. Sounds almost identical to your view on the current offense.

My god, i have never seen so many people unhappy with winning.
                              "A 'W' is a 'W' and it doesn't matter how you get it. If you win ugly, it's still a 'W.' Mechanics don't play the game, people do." -Floyd Little

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                                lol guys.. Peyton isn't coming to Denver, and honestly, take off your orange and blue glasses. Is that how you would want Elway to retire? On some other team?

He's a Colt and will retire as one.
                                Brett Favre retired a Viking after a stint with the Jets.

Joe Namath retired a Ram.

Joe Montana retired a Chief.

Johnny Unitas retired a Charger.

It happens all of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X