Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike and Mike says we should go after Peyton Manning next year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

We woulnd't need to be a run first team. And the 2 1sts is not realistic anyway.
    Fox believes in running the ball first. He's always been like that. plus, if the Colts do trade Manning, they're not gonna trade him for peanuts. A kings random wouldn't even be enough.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

If Peyton Manning is healthy enough to play, he will be in a Colts uni next season. If the Colts let him go, it will because he is no longer healthy enough to play. I like Peyton and believe he is one of the greatest, but I don't think he would be as successful behind our line, with our receivers.

I am perfectly happy with the QB we have. I think it is pretty crazy that people are trying to run our 5-1 QB out of town. I feel like we are going to the playoffs this season with the QB we have and I feel like we are going to fair pretty well. Maybe I am blinded by my orange color glasses, but I love the team we are putting on the field and I would like to keep this entire group together as long as we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
        If we had a Peyton Manning kind of QB, we would be a Super Bowl contender right now...
        But that's true for anyone that had a healthy Peyton manning...key word "healthy" . I just read last night there is more than a 50% chance now that Peyton has to hang it up or risk serious injury.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
          I agree with Wolf Brother. He won't want to play with anyone else. Especially a run first offense, like us. And there is no way I'd give two firsts for him unless I knew for a fact he's healthy and his neck won't bother him. Otherwise, it's too much of a risk.
          Yeah. Also, Peyton will be 36 years old besides the fact that he has a severe neck issue. If Manning is able to play at all, then the Colts could bring him back for a couple years. Also, the Colts offense was tailored specifically for Manning, and Denver has a much different setup.

Lastly, the Colts are in disarray, and already the DC has been fired. The Coach may be next as well as many staff members. The Colts also may not resign players such as Wayne, and Dallas Clark. So, basically, Manning would be coming back to a rebuilding team from top to bottom. It hasn't been made official, but the odds are against Manning playing any further. I believe his career is over.

Comment

Chemistry my friend chemistry I doubt it would work. Manning has a habit of throwing his players under the bus because he lacks athletic ability to extend the play with his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
              If we had a Peyton Manning kind of QB, we would be a Super Bowl contender right now...
              This. Manning ought to get the MVP this year despite not playing a single down.
              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Peyton is 2 old sry. look at Kurt warner, left came back, superbowl, retire. now arizona is really really bad. It might be worth it to keep tebow bring peyton and have peyton play 1 season and have tebow learn. for when manning retire. but i wouldnt trade tebow at all.

Comment

i would like to bring in mcnabb as a backup to teach tebow personally

Comment

Originally posted by vLordChronicv View Post
                    i would like to bring in mcnabb as a backup to teach tebow personally
                    If Tebow is in Denver's long-term plans, bringing in McNabb as a mentor would be a horrible idea..

Comment

Why would Manning want to come to Denver?

Think about the Bears with Manning or SF or Baltimore.

There are MANY teams in the NFL one Peyton Manning away from the Superbowl.

If they could get him, not only Elway but pretty much 25 teams would love to have Manning...

Comment

Based on the description of Peyton's problem, he is done. That type of nerve damage does not heal...

...short of Tebow "laying hands" and performing a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by bloop View Post
                          Why would Manning want to come to Denver?

Think about the Bears with Manning or SF or Baltimore.

There are MANY teams in the NFL one Peyton Manning away from the Superbowl.

If they could get him, not only Elway but pretty much 25 teams would love to have Manning...
                          He wouldn't chose to. He would have to because he would get traded here. He's not a free agent. Doubt we get him though.
                          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

The slogan I've been hearing lately from the Broncos brass EFX is:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

That doesn't exactly scream Peyton Manning. Tebow is under contract .... so unlikely

Some say, going with Tebow is as much of a gamble as acquiring Manning. No Way

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! They just risked having to face Kyle Orton to save a couple mil. They're not going to go after Manning.

The only way I see him coming here is if he throws himself at Denver which I have no idea why he would
                            Last edited by dizzolve; 11-30-2011, 03:01 PM.
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                              Fox believes in running the ball first. He's always been like that. plus, if the Colts do trade Manning, they're not gonna trade him for peanuts. A kings random wouldn't even be enough.
                              Yes he does but he has never ever had a good QB. I am sure if he had a Peyton Manning he would throw the ball more. However he would still run the ball and have an effetive explosive passing game to back it up.

Originally posted by TheThreeAmigos View Post
                              Why? Because Peyton has won so many already? Peyton has managed to get exposed in every season but one. He is the Dan Marino of this generation of quarterbacks. A team is so dependent on his skill set, that once the upper tier teams take it away, they are done. Sounds almost identical to your view on the current offense.

My god, i have never seen so many people unhappy with winning.
                              I would rather Peyton manning than Tim Tebow. Man I am so stupid. He has been the guy on the team and was the guy everyone relied on. He had aterrible D and piss poor O line and in 2009 in came un done. We have an extremely good O Line and a good defense. I am happy with winning.

Originally posted by GreasyQtip View Post
                              Honestly could you imagine Manning going for less than Palmer?

I would love to see the raiders face if that happens. Not that I want it to happen. But I easily see the Cowboys and Miami types making it an all out war for Manning.
                              Maybe but he is inuried and old. I doubt it would be multiple firsts and if it was I wouldn't do the deal.

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              I think they would, I'm not really buying this left handed spiral crap personally.....

Here's the other issue no one is mentioning, if Manning came to Denver he'd be reinjured quick, has anyone forgotten how bad our pass blocking was prior to getting a mobile QB?
                              Our O line has been great all year in pass pro. Except two games.

Comment

Manning for a couple years to make tebow even more awesome and instant contender status?! Id do it in a heart beat and it would make tebow a better player.

Comment

Working...
                                X