Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike and Mike says we should go after Peyton Manning next year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncofanfromia View Post
    With peyton manning running this offense I'd almost guarantee that our rushing game would suffer.

I don't have the exact numbers, but I doubt our normal dive plays are as effective as our read option. Peyton's not exactly your typical read option QB.
    really? and the read option has averages how many points in the time weve used it. U think we could run the ball better if we had 7 guys in the box rather than 8-9 my gosh. U wanna tell me ur scared of Mannings injury id buy that, but to not get manning because we couldnt run the read option is just amazing
    My friends over at Sports Radio Interviews sent me a link to an interview Pat Bowlen did with a Chicago-area radio station. While there is nothing earth-shattering here. Below is a segment of the transcript -

What are the Bears getting in Jay Cutler?

“They’re getting an extremely talented young quarterback.”

Some one Please name me the last successful NFL QB that had to be taught how to throw the ball correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
      I agree however I would be scared of his neck.
      Exactly. If he could get even close to the level he usually plays at, I think we win the super bowl because we have a championship defense. An elite quarterback could put us over the top. In the end though, it isn't worth risking the future of this team knowing the guy's had two neck surgeries in the past year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by it'sjustagame View Post
        really? and the read option has averages how many points in the time weve used it. U think we could run the ball better if we had 7 guys in the box rather than 8-9 my gosh. U wanna tell me ur scared of Mannings injury id buy that, but to not get manning because we couldnt run the read option is just amazing
        Saw an interesting state today WM is yards per carry out of the read option 8.4 out of traditional set 2.1. But whatever you really seem to understand the game.

Comment

As much as I would like to see this happen it just is'nt a realistic possibility

for a few reason's

1. Manning s contract
          2. the uncertainty regarding his health

This does help to show that with our current defense an accurate passer with a quick release doesn't turn the ball over is the kind of QB we need IMO This is something Tebow is not.

Comment

Hell to the no.
            sigpic

Comment

Hat's off to Peyton & his HOF career, but the answer is no:

- too old
              - damaged
              - pocket passer (DEN blossoming into a ground & pound team).

Our primary mode of advancing the ball is the rush, not the pass. We don't need an old pocket passer on the roster, not even the Great Peyton Manning.

Comment

Veteran quarterbacks are good for teams that need a quick dose of leadership and a playoff run or two. But the veteran QBs aren't a longterm solution. Look no further than the current state of the Vikings after Favre retired and the Cardinals after Warner retired. Even the Raiders after Gannon retired.
                sigpic

Comment

Mike and Mike are dbags who are extremely painful to listen too. Why the hell would we want to pick up 25 million when we are currently winning. I swear, if Tebow were not playing , dbags like Les Shapiro, Merrill Hodge and various other TV/Radio personalities would have absolutely nothing to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
                    We're not gonna spend 25 mil a year on a QB... Sorry-- Mike and Mike are crack heads..

We have a winner folks. Manning is wwwwaaaayyyy over his prime. I still don't understand why some people on this board think the passing game is the way to go....we tried that with Orton and where did that get us?

Comment

Originally posted by dadx4 View Post
                      We have a winner folks. Manning is wwwwaaaayyyy over his prime. I still don't understand why some people on this board think the passing game is the way to go....we tried that with Orton and where did that get us?
                      well first I wouldnt want manning at that price tag but let's all be honest here. Orton aint a quarter of the passer manning is. People act like our current offense is beating teams when it is actually our defense that is beating teams. A manning led offense can easily score 21 a game and more. Our current offense is scoring under 20. And it wouldnt be like we are gonna pass 50+ times and run 5. Manning easily puts us to where we can beat the pats Steelers ravens the power house teams of the division and make a Superbowl. Anytime you have a chance to get a player that is in the discussion of GOAT you gotta put your bid in even if it's only for a few years it will give you time to make your next move if you pan it right.

And how is manning way over his prime? He has yet to show any decline in his play.
                      Last edited by shawinkerpoppin; 12-01-2011, 04:39 AM.

Comment

yeah his injury 1, and 2 do you remember how 'awesome' our line looked early this season? Thought so.

I'm not saying don't get manning because we couldn't run read option, I'm saying it'd expose alot of the things we aren't good at.

Manning is a Colt and will retire a Colt.

really? and the read option has averages how many points in the time weve used it.
                        Yeah and would you agree we started winning more when Tebow started? That's also the time that we began rushing more (including the read option from different formations). It's not about HOW many points you score total, as long as it's more than the other team is all that matters. We're playing damn good complimentary football right now.

It'd be cool and all because he is one of the greatest, but it's unrealistic and pretty expensive.

Comment

There are not many QBs that could step in and run the offense we are currently running and I might add winning with. Vince Young maybe.

We do not know if Manning will ever suit up again or how long he will last when he does. It is an unknown and will probably be that way until well into next season.

To suggest Manning still has plenty of high level play in him after going a season without being able to participate is highly speculative. If this organization uses that much collateral to see if he can still play, it might be team suicide for a year or two. If he were cheap then it might be worth a risk.
                          sigpic

Comment

Peyton Manning to increase workouts

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...-healed-firmly
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                              There are not many QBs that could step in and run the offense we are currently running and I might add winning with. Vince Young maybe.
                              Not to jump on you, but Vince Young is horrible right now. I don't know that he could run this offense. Physically, yes, but tonight he was making throws that folks in the nosebleed seats could tell would be picked off.

Give me Tebow's bad mechanics and phenomenal decision making over Young any time.

Comment

The Broncos want to build through the draft. The right way to do it. Spending valuable draft picks to acquire a 35-year old quarterback (36 in March) with a bad neck and astronomical contract is not how you build through the draft. There are better ways to build a competitive team and use the salary cap. Draft the players, develop them, retain them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X