X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Players can play with a cast. And that's what he'll do

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      They should list him as questionable all week and hopefully the Vikings will game plan to double Doom all game and throw a lot.
      I like that thought and then Von can come out and terrorize Pounder.

Comment

Originally posted by dgobronco View Post
        Hmm, i'm currently nursing a torn tendon in a finger that's stitched up. It's a 6-8 week process with basically no movement for 3 weeks. A lot depends on which ligament and to what degree he injured it. The fact that they promoted MM tells me they're planning on no Miller for the game...
        Yep. Depends on which ligament. I completely tore a ligament or tendon (can't remember which) in my finger once. Didn't require surgery like in your case. It only needed to be stabilized for six weeks. I regained complete mobility in it about three years later. It didn't hurt at all.

My thumb was actually worse. Severe sprain. Wasn't a complete tear (which if you need surgery is usually the case), but it hurt like a SOB. I'm not being a baby about it either. You lose some of, if not all of your ability to clench things with your thumb. I stabilized it for about a month, but my ability to grab things didn't come back for a few months. I still don't have complete mobility with it. I don't think I ever will.

If Miller plays, I'd be surprised if he wasn't in a cast. Even if you wrap it, it can flex and re-tear.
        Last edited by Spice 1; 11-30-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Broncos may be without Von miller against vikings

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2011/11/photos-denver-bronco-linebacker-von-miller-has-thumb-surgery/25217/
          This s** buy how many of you think he'l be on the field no matter what?

Comment

That is a huge blow. He is a huge reason why our defense is playing at an elite level right now.

Comment

Well reports earlier made it sound like he's very likely to play so I'm confident he will. He's a straight up warrior.
              Now go get your shine box

Comment

I heard on around the league or one of those programs that he was expected to play.. hrmm

Hope he wraps it up and gets out there.

Comment

i wonder if a thumb hurts when it's wrapped in fist cast. i may never know
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteyford View Post
                    i wonder if a thumb hurts when it's wrapped in fist cast. i may never know
                    I am sure we could arrange that...

Comment

i declare thumb war
                      sigpic

Comment

It's on!

Comment

I broke my thumb once and 4 wheeled in a cast. Im sure Von Miller can play
                          Adopt-A-Bronco 2011. Kevin Vickerson

Comment

How long would he need to wear the cast for? I am confident that we can get through this game, with or without him", but it is difficult to play with a cast. I know dawkins did it, but it is a poor comparison. Von plays up at the line of scrimmage where hands mean a lot (try bull rushing without your hands). I am concerned that if he has to where the hard cast for the rest of the season, we won't be seeing the same guy until 2012.
                            Just don't lose baby

Comment

Count me in under the crowd that hopes Von manages the injury in a safe way, still performs at a high level, and breaks the rookie sack record.

Denver hit the jackpot with this guy, at least it appears so early into his career.

Comment

Working...
                              X