Broncos, NOT the Raiders are in a better position to win the AFC West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos, NOT the Raiders are in a better position to win the AFC West

I keep seeing all of these articles that say the Raiders are on the right path to win the AFC West and they'll only lose 2 of their last 5 games, AT MOST. Ridiculous. Let's look:

Oakland Raiders

@ Miami - The Dolphins are playing out of their minds right now. I would not be surprised at ALL if Miami took this game.

@ Green Bay - No need to explain. Oakland gets trounced.

Vs. Detroit - Yes, they are at home, but Detroit is not a bad team and Suh will be back and pissed. Not an easy win.

@ KC - Everybody thinks this will be an Oakland W, but at this point Orton will be starting and you can't count out the Chiefs at Arrowhead.

Vs. San Diego - The Chargers are deflated now, so I struggle to see them winning in Oakland, however, as long as Rivers is around, I'll give them some credit.

Personally, the San Diego game is the only one where I think the Raiders will win for certain. I believe it's completely possible that Oakland loses 3 of their remaining games.

The Broncos are: @ Minnesota, Vs. Chicago, Vs. New England, @ Buffalo, Vs. Kansas City

Minnesota is starting a rookie QB and have REALLY underacheived this year. Especially, if AP is out again, I see no way that Ponder succeeds under pressure from Miller and Doom all day. Tebow and the O will move the ball on Minny's D.

Chicago is a home game and Caleb Hanie is starting. The Bears aren't going to win. No way. Unless their D plays the game of their lives, it's a Broncos W.

New England will be tough, as always, but as many teams have proven; If you can pressure Brady at all, he'll crumble. This one is a toss up, but with the Pats wretched D, the Broncos stand a strong chance of winning.

Buffalo on the road is rough. However, if we bring our A game it's possible. We'll have to run the hell out of the ball and rush Fitz like there's no tomorrow.

The Chiefs at home. Orton is a huge improvement over Palko, but the Chiefs are far too banged up to come into Mile High and win. Miller and Doom will be salivating at the chance to get ahold of Orton.

Regardless, I see the Broncos losing AT MOST 2 of their last 5 games, but I really do believe that they can go 4-1 to finish. We're going to catch Oakland and have a home playoff game. That's all there is to it.

Its about as exciting a time for the AFCW as I can remember in recent history.... two teams, neck and neck, both team splaying relatively well.

When does McFadden get back for the Raiders?.... I hate to say it, but with a healthy McFadden and Palmer getting better each and every week, the Raiders look pretty darn solid.

But the again, the Broncos are getting better each week, you just wonder is Tebow get a little better each week and that Defense holds strong, how far can this team go? Crazy stuff.

I think the extra home game gives us the advatage, and the Chicago game looks totoally different now than a few weeks ago, since Cutler has a boo-boo. This biggest challenge for our squad will be a red hot Brady and an improving NE Defense.... if he can rattle Brady, I would be surprised winning that game.

Buffalo in December might actually help Denver more than Buffalo.... taking passing out with swirling winds and snow, and T-Gun and McGahee will rack up yards on the ground even more so....

I cant believe this team is talkin postseason..... We smelled like a big pile of steaming "done" not too long ago.

Gotta say, I am pretty proud of this team right now, win or lose, postseason or not...
    A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Oakland swept the afcw last year including much better Chiefs and Chargers teams so its easily possible they win those.

Suh cant be "pissed" if he doesnt want to spend half of next season suspended.

Their best chances of loses are Detroit and GB. But its not a sure thing any given Sunday. Its very possible for them to hit 3-2 in the next stretch.

We need 4-1 to give us a solid chance, the way I see it.
      sigpic

Comment

Well said, Miami is playing with a ton of confidence right now, they looked pretty good vs Dallas in Dallas even though they lost...

The rest of their games are no gimmies at all.

Whether we make the playoffs or not, i'm proud of this team for showing no quit.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
          Its about as exciting a time for the AFCW as I can remember in recent history.... two teams, neck and neck, both team splaying relatively well.

When does McFadden get back for the Raiders?.... I hate to say it, but with a healthy McFadden and Palmer getting better each and every week, the Raiders look pretty darn solid.

But the again, the Broncos are getting better each week, you just wonder is Tebow get a little better each week and that Defense holds strong, how far can this team go? Crazy stuff.

I think the extra home game gives us the advatage, and the Chicago game looks totoally different now than a few weeks ago, since Cutler has a boo-boo. This biggest challenge for our squad will be a red hot Brady and an improving NE Defense.... if he can rattle Brady, I would be surprised winning that game.

Buffalo in December might actually help Denver more than Buffalo.... taking passing out with swirling winds and snow, and T-Gun and McGahee will rack up yards on the ground even more so....

I cant believe this team is talkin postseason..... We smelled like a big pile of steaming "done" not too long ago.

Gotta say, I am pretty proud of this team right now, win or lose, postseason or not...
          Umm, i don't think he's gonna return this week, he's doing some drills lately, but i'd guess he returns vs Detroit.

Wouldn't risk bringing him back vs GB since they'll lose anyway, and it could damage it more.

Rest of your post is well said though.

Comment

Raiders will kill Chiefs. sry to admit it but i think they will. Chiefs entire defense combined has less sacks then Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by vLordChronicv View Post
              Raiders will kill Chiefs. sry to admit it but i think they will. Chiefs entire defense combined has less sacks then Von Miller
              Their D looked REALLY impressive vs a very good Steelers offense, and it is never easy to win in Arrowhead.

IIRC, i don't think we've won 2 straight in Arrowhead since the 90's, back when they were 4-12, and struggling, we lost there, tough place to play.

Comment

i think the raiders will go 2 and 3 and denver will go 3 and 2 to finish this up.

Comment

having said that, the fan in me says denver has a real chance to go 4 and 1 and its possible with the magic this team is playing with to go 5 and 0.

Comment

Broncos: 5 - 0 down the stretch.

Then it's on to the Super Bowl and my promise to my boss that I will call in sick the day after any Denver Broncos Super Bowl win will be complete.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Their D looked REALLY impressive vs a very good Steelers offense, and it is never easy to win in Arrowhead.

IIRC, i don't think we've won 2 straight in Arrowhead since the 90's, back when they were 4-12, and struggling, we lost there, tough place to play.
                      here's the problem playing against the 2011 Chiefs in Arrowhead in Cold Weather...

Nothing to Lose

It's the same thought I have about this team heading to Buffalo late December. the Bills also have...

Nothing to Lose

I cringe at trap games!
                      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
                        here's the problem playing against the 2011 Chiefs in Arrowhead in Cold Weather...

Nothing to Lose

It's the same thought I have about this team heading to Buffalo late December. the Bills also have...

Nothing to Lose

I cringe at trap games!
                        Luckily we've already played KC in KC where the weather was good, but yeah, KC in KC in December are tough games with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by thehoot79 View Post
                          I keep seeing all of these articles that say the Raiders are on the right path to win the AFC West and they'll only lose 2 of their last 5 games, AT MOST. Ridiculous. Let's look:

Oakland Raiders

@ Miami - The Dolphins are playing out of their minds right now. I would not be surprised at ALL if Miami took this game.

@ Green Bay - No need to explain. Oakland gets trounced.

Vs. Detroit - Yes, they are at home, but Detroit is not a bad team and Suh will be back and pissed. Not an easy win.

@ KC - Everybody thinks this will be an Oakland W, but at this point Orton will be starting and you can't count out the Chiefs at Arrowhead.

Vs. San Diego - The Chargers are deflated now, so I struggle to see them winning in Oakland, however, as long as Rivers is around, I'll give them some credit.

Personally, the San Diego game is the only one where I think the Raiders will win for certain. I believe it's completely possible that Oakland loses 3 of their remaining games.

The Broncos are: @ Minnesota, Vs. Chicago, Vs. New England, @ Buffalo, Vs. Kansas City

Minnesota is starting a rookie QB and have REALLY underacheived this year. Especially, if AP is out again, I see no way that Ponder succeeds under pressure from Miller and Doom all day. Tebow and the O will move the ball on Minny's D.

Chicago is a home game and Caleb Hanie is starting. The Bears aren't going to win. No way. Unless their D plays the game of their lives, it's a Broncos W.

New England will be tough, as always, but as many teams have proven; If you can pressure Brady at all, he'll crumble. This one is a toss up, but with the Pats wretched D, the Broncos stand a strong chance of winning.

Buffalo on the road is rough. However, if we bring our A game it's possible. We'll have to run the hell out of the ball and rush Fitz like there's no tomorrow.

The Chiefs at home. Orton is a huge improvement over Palko, but the Chiefs are far too banged up to come into Mile High and win. Miller and Doom will be salivating at the chance to get ahold of Orton.

Regardless, I see the Broncos losing AT MOST 2 of their last 5 games, but I really do believe that they can go 4-1 to finish. We're going to catch Oakland and have a home playoff game. That's all there is to it.
                          I worry about Tebow (or should I say Von Miller) catching us but you have a little bit of a problem with your reasoning.

Miami- I believe we will win this one but we do have a tendency to play down to our opponents (except the AFC west)

Green bay- I believe "any given sunday" But I do think this will be a loss

Detroit- Yes Suh will be back but the ref's will be keying on him. one mistake in judgement and he is out for a while. He will be playing very careful, and a careful football player is a player that hesitates and misses something

KC- So Orton is a disadvantage for us but an advantage for you. Plus Hue is pissed about Haley trying to run up the score. He is going to come out nasty on this one.

SD- has been going down in flames. Turner will be fired by then which actually scares me a little because of the unknown factor of whoever will be coaching them. But still a win

So I ahve us at 4-1 at best and 3-2 at worst down the stretch whitch would make you guys have to go 4-1 to have any hope of catching us. or undefeated if we go 4-1.

I do think you guys are on the rise and it makes the AFC west better to have both of us competeing. But this is going to be our year to take the west and next year it will be a dog fight

Comment

Thanks for the comedy! Needed a good laugh today and threads like these always do the trick.

Miami - 2-3 at home this year and beating KC, Was & Buff makes them "lights out"? They have 3 wins against teams who are hurting and playing bad right now and come Monday morning they will still have 3 wins.

GB - Don't really expect to win count this as a loss...

Det - Suh or no Suh they struggle to stop the run and have NO running game. If they can't run on us, they are not going to beat us. This is likely a win for the Raiders.

KC - Last time we lost in KC was when Shell was our coach (yes we even beat them when we had fat ass Russell at QB). KC is going to get SLAUGHTERED now that Palmer is settled in at QB.

SD - This will make 5 games in a row against SD, nuff said.

Raiders finish 4-1 (maybe 3-2 if we choke one) but that will be good enough to win AFC West.

Looking at Den, they play two top 10 defenses against the run with Minn at 9 and Chi at 8. Think about it, if you beat them it will have to be thru the air and 2/8 is not going to get it done. Those are both likely losses for you. You will also lose to NE and beat Buff & KC.

That will put us at 10-6 at worst and you at 8-8 on the season; you came close but no cigar.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OTF View Post
                              Thanks for the comedy! Needed a good laugh today and threads like these always do the trick.

Miami - 2-3 at home this year and beating KC, Was & Buff makes them "lights out"? They have 3 wins against teams who are hurting and playing bad right now and come Monday morning they will still have 3 wins.

GB - Don't really expect to win count this as a loss...

Det - Suh or no Suh they struggle to stop the run and have NO running game. If they can't run on us, they are not going to beat us. This is likely a win for the Raiders.

KC - Last time we lost in KC was when Shell was our coach (yes we even beat them when we had fat ass Russell at QB). KC is going to get SLAUGHTERED now that Palmer is settled in at QB.

SD - This will make 5 games in a row against SD, nuff said.

Raiders finish 4-1 (maybe 3-2 if we choke one) but that will be good enough to win AFC West.

Looking at Den, they play two top 10 defenses against the run with Minn at 9 and Chi at 8. Think about it, if you beat them it will have to be thru the air and 2/8 is not going to get it done. Those are both likely losses for you. You will also lose to NE and beat Buff & KC.

That will put us at 10-6 at worst and you at 8-8 on the season; you came close but no cigar.
                              Minn without AP will win, i don't know how they'll score enough to win if he's out.

I mean, we held SD to 13 points in 55+ minutes, and they have pretty good weapons in VJ, Brown, Tolbert, Matthews, and Gates. Rivers as bad as he is usually hurts us.

Should be an interesting finish though.

Don't be shocked if you lose to Miami though :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X