Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Valuable FA Pickup this Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Most Valuable FA Pickup this Season

    I have read quite a few articles and heard some discussions on the networks about the most valuable FA pickup of this season.

    One name I rarely hear, McGahee.

    It's typically Sproles as the leader.

    While Sproles was a great pickup for the Saints I don't think his addition has added any wins, maybe 1 at the most.


    However, I don't think we are even close to 6-5 without McGahee. He's turned our running game into the top in the NFL with the help of Tebow.


    Just a little rant. Makes me mad he's never mentioned. I personally thinks he's the best FA acquisition.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

    sigpic

  • #2
    He'd get my vote also !

    yeas Sproles has about 1600 yards combined (including ST) but it's not like he turned around the running game of the saints.

    Namdi has benn an okay pick up but it's also not like he changed the defense upon arrival

    if not I dont see a big FA pick up this year...any other propositions?
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

    Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree, Sproles has been a tremendous pickup for NO, BUT they still have Ingram, Thomas, and Ivory plus a top-3 QB to spread the ball around to the other weapons they have.

      McGahee has been our MVP so far imo, just an amazing pickup.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sproles hands down is the best. We should have signed him.. He would be deadly in the option or catching ball out of backfield

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd have to say Bunkley. IMO, he brings a tuffness to the DT position that we haven't had in years. he's a huge reason why our run D is so good. Plus the addition of Bunk makes the Miller pick that much better.

          EDIT: We got Bunk in a trade, so i'd have to pick Daniel Fells.
          Last edited by JayJack; 11-30-2011, 01:50 PM.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
            I have read quite a few articles and heard some discussions on the networks about the most valuable FA pickup of this season.

            One name I rarely hear, McGahee.

            It's typically Sproles as the leader.

            While Sproles was a great pickup for the Saints I don't think his addition has added any wins, maybe 1 at the most.


            However, I don't think we are even close to 6-5 without McGahee. He's turned our running game into the top in the NFL with the help of Tebow.


            Just a little rant. Makes me mad he's never mentioned. I personally thinks he's the best FA acquisition.
            I've thought the same

            Without McGahee where would we be? I don't even want to think about it

            To top it off, once Orton was released McGahee was named Captain. That says it all if you ask me -well that and his numbers
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

            Comment


            • #7
              I have to agree with JayJack. By far, Bunk has been a huge help on D.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                Sproles hands down is the best. We should have signed him.. He would be deadly in the option or catching ball out of backfield
                Yes, he's been good, but how many games can you say NO won only b/c of him or he had a big part in, maybe 1?

                Comment


                • #9
                  While I am at it, I'd throw hi in the come back player of the year also! lol
                  Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

                  Adopted Broncos:
                  -:Mr. Decker:-

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sproles has been a good pickup for the Saints, but he doesn't contribute much at running back. He's very good on special teams, and he is a good receiving back, but that's it. The Saints were gonna be this good anyway. Best pickup was easily McGahee. We were one of the worst rushing teams in the league last season. Now, we're one of the best, thanks to McGahee's big year.
                    sigpic

                    2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Willis McGahee is an enormous pick-up for the Broncos. I hope that he retires as a Denver Bronco, alongside of Brian Dawkins. It does not suprise me all that much that Willis doesn't get praise from the media, but the Bronco Nation knows, and show how proud we are of him
                      HE>i

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bunk and McGahee both have been huge pick ups for us. But does Bunk count though because didn't we trade a pick for him so he wouldn't be considered a Free agent though. And because of that McGahee gets my vote.




                        Adopted Broncos:
                        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                        Adopted posters:
                        Everyone

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                          Bunk and McGahee both have been huge pick ups for us. But does Bunk count though because didn't we trade a pick for him so he wouldn't be considered a Free agent though. And because of that McGahee gets my vote.
                          Thank you. I forgot about that trade. I'd have to go with Fells. He's been great helping Franklin on the line.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Willis McGahee 8.3 ypc from the read option 2.1 from traditional set

                            Just an interesting stat I saw today. Once again one of those hidden stats that makes it hard to quantify what Tebow brings to the role of QB.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nice work

                              Originally posted by Dawggone View Post
                              Just an interesting stat I saw today. Once again one of those hidden stats that makes it hard to quantify what Tebow brings to the role of QB.
                              Interesting. :thumb:
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X