Allocating Credit Where It Is Due

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allocating Credit Where It Is Due

Giving Tebow so much credit for "going 5-1" is insulting to the defense and the running game. This is like a pitcher giving up 13 runs in a 9 inning game and "winning" 15 - 13! If any other QB was producing this output the Tebow fans would be screaming for his head!

Everyone already likes him because he's a nice guy, plus he's winning. Two of the biggest reasons no one really cares who gets the credit.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I dont think anyone has not given credit to the D hell even Skip Bayless has, but Tebow opens up the running game because that is one more person the D has to account for and therfore it opens up holes for Mcgahee

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerVette View Post
        Giving Tebow so much credit for "going 5-1" is insulting to the defense and the running game. This is like a pitcher giving up 13 runs in a 9 inning game and "winning" 15 - 13! If any other QB was producing this output the Tebow fans would be screaming for his head!
        kthnx.

10 char

Comment

If he had began the season as the starter and was 5-1 this year playing the way he has he would get a lot less credit from me. But Orton was 1-4 with the same team. He obviously has something to do with it.
          sigpic
          Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerVette View Post
            Not sure about the analogy or the last part in bold
            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

It's the media that is wanting to give all the credit to Tebow. The fans and Tebow himself would acknowledge that it's a team game and it's very tough for one person to win a game by himself, unless your Peyton Manning, evidently.

When doing post-game interviews the first question that comes out a reporter's mouth after the game has to do with Tim Tebow, regardless of who is being interviewed.

Honestly, I think Tebow is somewhat embarassed by getting all the credit.
              sigpic

Comment

''Giving Tebow so much credit for "going 5-1" is insulting to the defense and the running game. This is like a pitcher giving up 13 runs in a 9 inning game and "winning" 15 - 13! If any other QB was producing this output the Tebow fans would be screaming for his head!''

The last time i checked, it was the opposite. Espn and these other critics are giving the credit more in favor of our D. I dont think the broncos care who gets the "credit" as long as they are winning as a team. Explain to me how he is getting so much credit.
                Last edited by t9987; 11-30-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

We have been giving credit to the entore TEAM here for weeks.

No one is jumping up and down saying it all Tim.

He is part of the discussion..
                  he is a factor in the success.
                  Champ Bailey has some selct words about the entire tam beinf linspired and lifted by Tim..

but Tim has never taken any credit..
                  and few on here are making him out to be the lone cause.

BUT.. he is in teh QB position..
                  anmd it is the nature of that spot..
                  to be a leader.. (Or not, in the case of Kyle)

It is in the nature of the game..
                  to give the credit for wins losses to a coach and a QB.

Nobody has a problem saying...

"Andy Dalton has led his team to 7 victories..."
                  or
                  "Andy Dalton has 7 wins..."

Or to say.." Kyle Orton lost 4 games"...

Or to say .. "Fox has 5 wins this seaon.."

That is the nature of the game and the semantics of the discussion.

The TEAM is doing great.
                  Fans love the TEAM.
                  Fans have favorite players.

Tim is a player.. fans love him...

and apparantly..

there are a LOT of folks who hate him.

This thread is redundant.

This discussion has been going on in many other threads..
                  and NO ONE is saying Tim is the sole reason we are winning.

I'm out.
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Allocating Credit Where It Is Due

Even Orton deserves some credit. Once he was benched, the rain of turnovers stopped and the wins began.

Keep boiling.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                      If he had began the season as the starter and was 5-1 this year playing the way he has he would get a lot less credit from me. But Orton was 1-4 with the same team. He obviously has something to do with it.
                      I feel the same way. Orton had the same exact defense and look at the results. The only difference has been the quaterback and suddenly the Broncos look great.

The defense is playing the same way, the difference maker (and the person who deserves the most credit) is Tim Tebow. Getting tired of the defense getting so much undeserved credit just because people want to bring down Tebow.

Comment

Someone is taking ESPN way too seriously. There's a lot of Tebow talk, but if you read these boards you'll see that credit from the fan base goes to the team.

Comment

gotta go ahead and disagree with ya there WWTD.

when orton was playing the defense was riddled with injuries. when they threw tebow in the defense started to get healthy again. the defense couldn't have been playing the same way as elvis was still suffering majorly from injuries, champ was injured during the home opener, and miller was also adjusting to the game plan.

though as i stated in a thread, who really cares who gets the credit? it's not like saying "tebow is the only reason we're winning!!! rawr!!!" will make the locker room turn on him. they know better, tebow knows better, and the staff knows better.

as far as who deserves the most credit? i'd just go on a limb and say the broncos deserve the most credit for winning. it's a team sport and not one person is more important than another.

Comment

Originally posted by WWTD View Post
                            I feel the same way. Orton had the same exact defense and look at the results. The only difference has been the quaterback and suddenly the Broncos look great.

The defense is playing the same way, the difference maker (and the person who deserves the most credit) is Tim Tebow. Getting tired of the defense getting so much undeserved credit just because people want to bring down Tebow.

The biggest thing Tebow has done for the team is "Hope". They(defense) felt much like any other tebow fans...they believe he can make a difference.

If Orton could have inspired his fellow teammates as Tebow has.....we may have had the same results.

Other than the Raider game we have scored 17 points or less per game while holding the other team to the same.

This tells me that if our Defense has stepped up greatly and i feel its directly due to the fact they are fans of tebow...they want to help him win.

If they didnt, everyone on this board would be asking to trade tebow and someone in denver would put it on a billboard.

Off the subject...but I find your Avatar a bit creepy. Really? You replaced the face of god with Tebow?

Comment

Who cares....Tebow is a part of it. I'll say this any qb in the league would get praise for having a last minute drive. Look at Flacco for the last minute drive against the Steelers. The media ate that up.

Now Tebow doing the same thing against the Jets and hardly gets any praise. They faulted Sanchez for having that turnover that kept us in it. Tebow got little praise for that as opposed to someone like Big Ben, Rivers, etc..

I know Tebow doesn't dissect them through the air like those other guys but he still does enough to win the game when it's in his hands.
                              :go:

Comment

Working...
                              X