Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compltion percentage dropped passes to blame.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compltion percentage dropped passes to blame.....

Reposted this with a title to it since other thread wasn't so much about this.

Originally Posted by Crazy8
    First Kiszla....and now you? I don't know what to say....

I feel like I've fallen off into another dimension.

For me, I've seen enough to think that we have to exhaust the possibility of Tebow as a franchise QB. His accuracy is getting better. He's throwing a better ball.

I was listening to the Fan a few days ago, and Alfred Williams, who is a Tebow hater, was talking smack about how Tim Tebow is inaccurate, and if our passing game was efficient, blah, blah, blah. I wondered if Alfred saw the game on Sunday. Then I wondered if Alfred knew that if our receivers caught the balls they should've caught, Tebow would've been 12 for 18. That's completing 66.7% of our passes. It doesn't get much more efficient than that.

Wonder what other good QBS with a good CMP% would be if you count the "dropped passes" ?????? All WR's drop passes so imagine Tims would still be near the bottom.

Originally posted by Nimrod
    My guess is you would be incorrect. We are passing very little. The numbers are small so every in-completion, for any reason, has a large impact on the percentage. For an example - Royal is listed as having 5 drops. That alone would raise Tebow's completion percentage by 4%. Five drops for QBs that have considerably more passes and completions would be affect far less - unless the drops were substantial. The number of drops per attempts is the issue.

I do get your point however but there can be real issues with dropped passes. Consider how many passes have been throw by Rogers and you don't see a large number of drops. There is a difference or can be.
    Say Tebow has had 13 passes dropped over the last 6 games (Royal could have dropped Ortons passes as well)

That puts him @54.5 an increase of about 9%

Without adjusting anyone else's stats he is still tied for 30th with Christian Ponder. Only Blaine Gabbert and Curtis Painter are behind him.

Lets say he has had 20 dropped 59.4% that's an increase of 14%

Without adjusting anyone else's stats he is in 23rd place behind Matt Cassel and .3 in front of Tarvaris Jackson

Lets say he has had 26 passes dropped that puts him at 63.6% an increase of about 20% increase

Without adjusting anyone else's stats that puts him Tied for 6th place with Ben Rothlisberger

His completion percentage is really that bad.

Kyle Orton didn't get to use this excuse.

Comment

dropped passes are part of the game eh as the receivers get used to tebow's throws they'll catch more of them. remember alot of times they drop it is because of how hard he throws it. he had the same problem at UF.

mr orton didn't need to use this excuse btw. his excuse was "the wind knocked the ball out of my hand"

Comment

Originally posted by Mortal View Post
        And Kyle Orton couldn't win games.
        sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Perhaps, but

Originally posted by Mortal View Post
          Kyle Orton had Brandon Lloyd... Brandon Lloyd was shipped out the week Tim Tebow took over. Different set of receivers. Different weapons at Kyle's disposal. Kyle had a receiver that bailed him out plenty of times.
          Rootin for Rebels, Broncos, and Razorbacks!

Comment

I would find it hard to believe there has been that many dropped passes I mean I've seen a few but I would be surprised if there has been more than 13.

Comment

What if I just cut through any dropped passes crap and say that by itself the way everyone likes to use comp % it doesn't mean jack. Is that better?

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJDe View Post
                Kyle Orton had Brandon Lloyd... Brandon Lloyd was shipped out the week Tim Tebow took over. Different set of receivers. Different weapons at Kyle's disposal. Kyle had a receiver that bailed him out plenty of times.
                Brandon Lyod did make great catches but he would need to grow about 3 feet to make great catches on Tims bad throws.

Tebow has been bailed out plenty of times as well.

Comment

Using Tebow math, Aaron Rodgers went 29/33 for an 88% completion rating last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawggone View Post
                    What if I just cut through any dropped passes crap and say that by itself the way everyone likes to use comp % it doesn't mean jack. Is that better?
                    How would you Cure this low scoring offense than? It's not a Superbowl caliber offense and that is the only goal every year.

I say improve Tims passing accuracy (CMP%) and Third Down conversions.

P.S. I'm rooting for the kid. He would be a perfect Franchise QB if he can improve.
                    Last edited by xOrangeCrushx; 12-01-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

1 INT in 143 att.

Comment

who says low scoring needs to be cured?

Comment

Originally posted by lilchun87 View Post
                          who says low scoring needs to be cured?
                          Chances of the superbowl score being DENVER 17 Greenbay 15 is over or under 1%

Comment

i'd say part of tim's issue is that the play calling is run on 1st down, run on 2nd...and then often it's 3rd and long and obviously a passing situation....it would be nice to throw a little more often when the defense isn't expecting it...just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Dawggone View Post
                              1 INT in 143 att.
                              I agree very good stat. Thank God the dirt doesn't have hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X