Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compltion percentage dropped passes to blame.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phaytal View Post
    Using Tebow math, Aaron Rodgers went 29/33 for an 88% completion rating last week.
    he is also the best qb in football with a ton of talent around him

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
      i'd say part of tim's issue is that the play calling is run on 1st down, run on 2nd...and then often it's 3rd and long and obviously a passing situation....it would be nice to throw a little more often when the defense isn't expecting it...just sayin
      HELL YES. PLAY ACTION PASSING GAME!!!! If Tim can become an average passer that would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by xOrangeCrushx View Post
        I would find it hard to believe there has been that many dropped passes I mean I've seen a few but I would be surprised if there has been more than 13.
        I neither said that nor implied that - I was simply discussing how the math works. Do you disagree with the fact that drops carry more weight when there are less passes? You made a general statement that it would not make any difference. I was talking math and statistics - where did I even suggest that Tebow should have a high completion percentage? The only point was a drop with 10 passes is a whole lot more of a percentage hit than a drop with 50 passes.

Interesting you felt the need to make a whole new thread over the math and twisted it into some Tebow excuse debate.
        sigpic

Comment

Chances of the superbowl score being DENVER 17 Greenbay 15 is over or under 1%
          You must be a stat guru.

You should market your sure fire Super Bowl winning formula (which includes a completion percentage of over 60%), I am sure every NFL coach would be interested...
          sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Chances of the superbowl score being DENVER 17 Greenbay 15 is over or under 1%
            Yea I see your point, by the way how are the 07 Patriots enjoy their superbowel win, Oh wait Giants 17 Pats 14.

Comment

He throws it away alot. It is part of the game plan to do so. Fox has said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                I neither said that nor implied that - I was simply discussing how the math works. Do you disagree with the fact that drops carry more weight when there are less passes? You made a general statement that it would not make any difference. I was talking math and statistics - where did I even suggest that Tebow should have a high completion percentage? The only point was a drop with 10 passes is a whole lot more of a percentage hit than a drop with 50 passes.

Interesting you felt the need to make a whole new thread over the math and twisted it into some Tebow excuse debate.
                Sorry Nimrod I didn't mean to misquote you if i did so. I only included your quote because of the point you made about # of attempts stats, and to show he is still near the bottom weather you account for the dropped passes or not. I never said you thought he would be high in CMP% you just disagreed he wouldn't be near the bottom.

My apologies
                Last edited by xOrangeCrushx; 12-01-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                  You must be a stat guru.

You should market your sure fire Super Bowl winning formula (which includes a completion percentage of over 60%), I am sure every NFL coach would be interested...
                  Thanks Dark Horse I was being a smart #@$

Comment

Thanks Dark Horse I was being a smart #@$
                    As was I...
                    sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan1982 View Post
                      Come on People of course Fox is going to say that!!!

What is he supposed to tell the rest of the NFL my QB sucks and you see how he puts it into the dirt. Please don't worry about that part of the game...lol

No he is smart and making it look like this is more planned then anything...He puts them into the ground cause he still improving not cause its planned.

But hey thats just what i think!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan1982 View Post
                        Oh okay that makes sense. I knew there was some reason to why he wasn't perfect. He is just executing the game plan.

Jk I will take a throw away over an INT every time I wish previous QB's would have done it more.

Comment

Originally posted by CHUMP-to-CHAMP View Post
                          Come on People of course Fox is going to say that!!!

What is he supposed to tell the rest of the NFL my QB sucks and you see how he puts it into the dirt. Please don't worry about that part of the game...lol

No he is smart and making it look like this is more planned then anything...He puts them into the ground cause he still improving not cause its planned.

But hey thats just what i think!
                          I have said repeatedly he has to improve and he has said so himself, but the fact remains he throws it away alot, and right now I am fine with it. Way better than a turnover.

Comment

Originally posted by Mortal View Post
                            Kyle Orton didn't get to use this excuse.
                            Kyle Orton wasn't winning and isn't a sophomore / rookie.
                            On Tebow: After a dismal 1-4 start to this season. "I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that"
                            Von Miller 11.27.2011

“Tebow is a special kind of a player; I’ve never seen a player like him in my whole career”
                            Champ Bailey said on “NFL Total Access”

"As a math guy, I would say that Tebow has a high trajectory by linear extrapolation, don't you think?"

Comment

I would find it hard to believe there has been that many dropped passes I mean I've seen a few but I would be surprised if there has been more than 13.
                              I think I saw posted after the Detroit Debacle that there were 9 dropped passes in that one game alone.

There are plenty.. that bounce of the guys hands...
                              heck Royal has had 3 hit himtright in the numbers and he cant hang on.

the announcers have been calling it all along..

""Tebow's receivers have done him no favors here today.."

It is not just made up... even Decker..
                              as valuable as he has been.. has dropped a few.

Demaryus... Eddie... Matt Willis... the TE's.... we NEED them to step up!
                              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Sorry Nimrod I didn't mean to misquote you if i did so. I only included your quote because of the point you made about # of attempts stats, and to show he is still near the bottom weather you account for the dropped passes or not. I never said you thought he would be high in CMP% you just disagreed he wouldn't be near the bottom.

My apologies
                                No problem bro. :thumb:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X