Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compltion percentage dropped passes to blame.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimrod
    replied
    Originally posted by sidewinder View Post
    people were always ripping the lack of points the broncos scored with orton. Now we are scoring something like 5 points less a game. If they make a playoff run we will need to score more than they did with orton
    That would be a totally incorrect statement. We are not scoring 5 less points per game. We were actually about the same before this game. This game would change that.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
    I deserve to be insulted and trolled? That is your "reasoning"?

Umm.

Perhaps you should make note of the second bullet point.
    What ever you need to do to keep deflecting.

Doesn't change it the hypocricy

Leave a comment:

• sidewinder
    replied
    Originally posted by lilchun87 View Post
    who says low scoring needs to be cured?
    people were always ripping the lack of points the broncos scored with orton. Now we are scoring something like 5 points less a game. If they make a playoff run we will need to score more than they did with orton

Leave a comment:

• MaloCS
    replied
    Originally posted by Mortal View Post
    Kyle Orton didn't get to use this excuse.
    Who cares about Kyle Orton? I'm glad he's gone.

Leave a comment:

• MH Stampede
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Cause you deserve it.
    I deserve to be insulted and trolled? That is your "reasoning"?

Umm.

Perhaps you should make note of the second bullet point.

Leave a comment:

• Urbs
    replied
    Sm19 you have to consider the low amount of attempts for tebow. Even 10 drops would put him over 50%

Leave a comment:

• Dawggone
    replied
    I am only talking about the facts. I doubt Tebow yes. To say I dislike the guy or "hate" as some put it is wrong. I would know. It is me after all. And don't say that thing with Ponder. That was an argument between you and another guy where he was clearly hating and being rude and I just said simply that I would prefer Ponder over Tebow and gave a few reasons to why after you asked the question. We were not fighting or debating or anything of the such. It was a little 2 sentance post back and forth about it. There was no detail from either part being talked about.

I also could care less about completion percentage. I argued with about 20 people one day about it and everyone was on me. I bet a tone of those people agree with me now but it is only cause Tebow is playing.

And okay. Tebow does not have better accuracy than most. I completely disagree with that. We have seen it for majority of his games. Against San Deigo I will give him he was accurate for the most part and was by far his best game of the year. However completion % aside he is not more accurate then most.

And as I have said time and time before it is great that he doesn't turn the football over. That is a reason we are winning football games. 1 part of it. However these stats have nothing to with my post at all.

However after all these stats are a little unfair. Say what you want but Tebow is not a rookie. The other guys are. Tim Tebow as a rookie averaged 1 interception every 27.3 throws. More than every guy you just named. However he did also average a high number of touchdowns per pass as well. 1Touchdown pass every 16.4 attempts.

Also another thing I am wondering. Does this make them guys bad QB's for averaging an interception every 28 or so attempts. No. That is less than Jimmy Clausen the awful rookie for Carolina last year. He averaged 1 pick per 33.2 throws. Does that mean that Clausen was better as a rookie than Newton, Ponder, Dalton, Tebow. No because anyone with a set of eyes knows that all 4 of them guys were better than Clausen as rookies.

Well I have never ripped on his completion % because I do not feel it shows a QB's accuracy or inaccuracy. I think it is very naive and wrong to say Tebow does not have accuracy issues. It is all an eye test to see if a QB is accurate or not. Tebow has missed guys in his games that just should not be missed. I do not know how I can show that to you besides saying watch the games and you will see it. It is there. People do not just make it up to talk about it because they hate Tebow. It is there. That is why it is spoken of. Sorry.

Are you serious. You sound like such a Tebow homer right now. If you watched Newton and Dalton you know they are playing very well. You are your typical tebow fan in this instance. The other guys can't be good because that means Tebow is bad. That is not the case. Both Dalton and Newton are playing very well. And Dalton is winning games as well. He deserves rookie of the year. He really does. Newton has lost my vote for rookie of the year but as I showed in another thread the Spano VS some guy Newtons defense is bottom of the league. GO there.
    Never not in any of my post can you find me saying Dalton or Newton are bad, what I am pointing out is the fact these guys get heaped with acolades when the only thing they are doing is throwing for higher percentage. At the same time they have to throw more to score and they turn the ball over at a much higher rate. Those are just facts.

Not a Tebow homer at all I like the style of play as much as anything. All offensive football is in its basic sense is creating a mismatch. Plenty of ways you can do this, physical mismatch my player is better than yours, schematics my formation gives me a mismatch, personel packages my jumbo package against your dime package, you get the picture. Well what Tebow does with the style offense they are running is creates mismatches all over the field and it also gives the offense an extra blocker at the point of attack.
    These are all things Im sure you know but for this style offense you don't want or need your QB to be high risk high reward you want him to be mistake free and slowly and methodically wear down the D, thats what Tebow does.
    Not sure why it makes me a homer to look at turnovers and TDs as a marker for succes as opposed to yardage and cmp % but oh well.

Oh and sorry about the first part of the post you were quick to quote it I edited right after I posted realized that was more a personel attack and thats not what I intended. So sorry about that.
    Last edited by Dawggone; 12-04-2011, 07:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
    http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/RedTruckAce/DropPercentage.png

Note this includes orton and Lloyd being here. I'd assume we would be 1st if you just had tebows stats
    Well the Dolphins, Bears, Falcons, 49ers and Browns all have a higher drop %.

Matt Moore: 63 %
    Chad Henne: 57.1 %
    Jay Cutler: 58 %
    Caleb Haine: 50 %
    Matt Ryan: 62.4 %
    Alex Smith: 62.4 %
    Colt Mccoy: 58.5 %

So all QB's of teams with a higher drop % than us don't have incredibly low completion % bar one who is a bad QB (Caleb Haine). So lets not blame the drop passes on Tebow's completion %

Leave a comment:

• jlhawkins9
    replied
    http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/RedTruckAce/DropPercentage.png

Note this includes orton and Lloyd being here. I'd assume we would be 1st if you just had tebows stats
    Last edited by jlhawkins9; 12-03-2011, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
    FYI Denver is 5th in league in drops %

Quit knocking Tebow
    We are discussing.

And who is ahead of Denver in drops ? What is there QB's completion % ?

Leave a comment:

• jlhawkins9
    replied
    FYI Denver is 5th in league in drops %

Quit knocking Tebow

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dawggone View Post
    Ahh so now your just about the facts? At least be intellectualy honest, you don't like Tebow, your the same person that was taunting Ponder over Tebow and the best you could come up with was " he understands routes better" .
    I am only talking about the facts. I doubt Tebow yes. To say I dislike the guy or "hate" as some put it is wrong. I would know. It is me after all. And don't say that thing with Ponder. That was an argument between you and another guy where he was clearly hating and being rude and I just said simply that I would prefer Ponder over Tebow and gave a few reasons to why after you asked the question. We were not fighting or debating or anything of the such. It was a little 2 sentance post back and forth about it. There was no detail from either part being talked about.

I could care less about completation % and I will argue that Tebow actually has better accuracy than most. He doesn't try to force the ball and
    puts it where its the reciever or no one.
    I also could care less about completion percentage. I argued with about 20 people one day about it and everyone was on me. I bet a tone of those people agree with me now but it is only cause Tebow is playing.

And okay. Tebow does not have better accuracy than most. I completely disagree with that. We have seen it for majority of his games. Against San Deigo I will give him he was accurate for the most part and was by far his best game of the year. However completion % aside he is not more accurate then most.

TT 1 INT per 143 att a TD every 18 att
    CN 1 INT per 28 att a TD every 23 att
    AD 1 INT per 30 att a TD every 22 att
    CP 1 INT per 28 att a TD every 28 att
    And as I have said time and time before it is great that he doesn't turn the football over. That is a reason we are winning football games. 1 part of it. However these stats have nothing to with my post at all.

However after all these stats are a little unfair. Say what you want but Tebow is not a rookie. The other guys are. Tim Tebow as a rookie averaged 1 interception every 27.3 throws. More than every guy you just named. However he did also average a high number of touchdowns per pass as well. 1Touchdown pass every 16.4 attempts.

Also another thing I am wondering. Does this make them guys bad QB's for averaging an interception every 28 or so attempts. No. That is less than Jimmy Clausen the awful rookie for Carolina last year. He averaged 1 pick per 33.2 throws. Does that mean that Clausen was better as a rookie than Newton, Ponder, Dalton, Tebow. No because anyone with a set of eyes knows that all 4 of them guys were better than Clausen as rookies.

So explain to me how Tebow has acuracy problems. If the name of the game is to throw TDs and not throw INTs. Oh and if we increase Tebows comp % to 55% we get about 2 more completions a game so no thanks I will keep what we got. So tired of hearing from Tebow supports " well he really does need to work on his accuracy" you know what I think I would rather keep his stats just the way they are than have him try to force the ball in close games.
    Well I have never ripped on his completion % because I do not feel it shows a QB's accuracy or inaccuracy. I think it is very naive and wrong to say Tebow does not have accuracy issues. It is all an eye test to see if a QB is accurate or not. Tebow has missed guys in his games that just should not be missed. I do not know how I can show that to you besides saying watch the games and you will see it. It is there. People do not just make it up to talk about it because they hate Tebow. It is there. That is why it is spoken of. Sorry.

Whats really funny Newton or Dalton will win OROY for no other reason than they have a high compl %, big whoop give me the guy that throws TDs and doesn't throw picks.
    Are you serious. You sound like such a Tebow homer right now. If you watched Newton and Dalton you know they are playing very well. You are your typical tebow fan in this instance. The other guys can't be good because that means Tebow is bad. That is not the case. Both Dalton and Newton are playing very well. And Dalton is winning games as well. He deserves rookie of the year. He really does. Newton has lost my vote for rookie of the year but as I showed in another thread the Spano VS some guy Newtons defense is bottom of the league. GO there.

Leave a comment:

• Dawggone
    replied
    No I am not making these up Tebow fan. These stats are the truth. They are from ESPN Splits. They are how far he threw the ball. That pass was a 38 yard pass and turned into a 56 yard touchdown. So yeah. Either do some research. Understand how the stats are made or remove the Tebow colour glasses from off of your eyes and think before coming after me for simply posting the actual stats. I did not make them up. Can you understand that now ?

I do not dislike the guy one bit. I doubt his potential to be what he needs to be I used stats and am always objective unlike yourself who is oh see clearly a Tebow fanatic and I wonder if you will not respond again like our last argument where you had no clue about the Broncos organisation and showed you hated them.

at the accusation of making up stats. Comical.

Screen passes there have not been that many but there have been plenty of easy throws behind the line of scrimage for him. He has only 2-4% less than other young guys like Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert.

3rd down passes. He has thrown 32% of passes on 3rd downs and see the other stats I posted.

Behind the LOS: 15-19
    1-10 Yards: 24-45
    11-20 Yards: 11-31
    21-30 Yards: 5-15
    31-40 Yards: 1-11
    41+ Yards: 0-4

Yes he does throw some away.

On the pundits knocking his completion percentage. I have never kncoked his completion percentage and I always maintain that the stat is bogus no matter which QB is in their unlike some people I questioned in this thread But anyway yeah if the pundints watched the game they would see he is a very inaccurate QB and that is a well known fact. It is not undeserving hate like the Tebow brigade would refer to it as but is the way it is.

And on the college stat are you really refering to the Cincinatti Bearcats. Really. They were a good team that year but this is the type of argument a NEW NFL fan from the college sport would use. He was good against a college defense. It is like the same genius who claimed an SEC team could beat some NFL teams. Comical and means nothing.
    I could care less about completation % and I will argue that Tebow actually has better accuracy than most. He doesn't try to force the ball and puts it where its the reciever or no one.

TT 1 INT per 143 att a TD every 18 att
    CN 1 INT per 28 att a TD every 23 att
    AD 1 INT per 30 att a TD every 22 att
    CP 1 INT per 28 att a TD every 28 att

So explain to me how Tebow has acuracy problems. If the name of the game is to throw TDs and not throw INTs. Oh and if we increase Tebows comp % to 55% we get about 2 more completions a game so no thanks I will keep what we got. So tired of hearing from Tebow supports " well he really does need to work on his accuracy" you know what I think I would rather keep his stats just the way they are than have him try to force the ball in close games.

Whats really funny Newton or Dalton will win OROY for no other reason than they have a high compl %, big whoop give me the guy that throws TDs and doesn't throw picks.
    Last edited by Dawggone; 12-03-2011, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Key West Bronc
    replied
    Did I just walk into an episode of Jersey Shore here? I just laid down for a second...

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
    If you're not looking for a fight, then why be so snarky in *every* post addressed to me?
    Cause you deserve it. You come after me with every oppurtunity. You tried to make fun of me in the thread I am refering to and got on my case then it turns out you agreed with me. You always look for fights with me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X