A Honestly good OC---McCoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Honestly good OC---McCoy

This is the best interview I have seen with McCoy ...I really like him....Honest coach and coaching the way a good coach should do it I think

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...a-9a06c83c9f5d

Please drop the KO8 logo...lol
    BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

i kinda feel that he is not ready to be a OC, he has made some bad calls
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Has no feel to the game good coach but bad at play calling
      Follow me on Twitter
      @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

I enjoy his interviews. He's somewhat inscrutable on where he stands, but tries to give a meaningful answer.

What stood out to me on this interview was when they asked him how he judges quarterback performance (and specifically limited to statistical measures, etc.), he said the #1 was winning (doing whatever it takes to win the ballgame) and #2 was being a guy that the team believes in (because they keep playing and concentrating when they believe a QB will get it done if the opportunity to win the ballgame is there at the end). Obviously, it came across like an endorsement of Tebow's strengths.

Comment

McCoy is following a game plan that is working...it may not be what the arm-chair coaches like or want be as long as its working why fix it just add to it....
          The next three teams we play are the three worst pass defense teams in the league....so I do expect more throwing in them and as McCoy said TT is improving every week.....
          BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

Comment

Like a few said ...bad playcaller...he is so predictable and easily could've lost us a few games if not for this D being so good

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
              Like a few said ...bad playcaller...he is so predictable and easily could've lost us a few games if not for this D being so good
              Boom, this guy seems to have no feel for calling plays, which really limits us and our growth during the game. Sooner or later, we will absolutely have to start scoring more points and the more experience we can get timmy with throwing the ball the sooner we will get there.....
              sigpic

Comment

Our offense could very well be described as a "rookie" offense..

Most guys are rookies or sophmores...and McCoy is a rookie playcaller.

I hope he improves quickly... with a little less vanilla. :thumb:
                - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
                  Boom, this guy seems to have no feel for calling plays, which really limits us and our growth during the game. Sooner or later, we will absolutely have to start scoring more points and the more experience we can get timmy with throwing the ball the sooner we will get there.....
                  My sentiments exactly. Hopefully the playcalling is being somewhat dictated to him, and that will open up in the future. If he just doesn't "feel" the game flow and doesn't improve in that area real soon, some changes might need to be made this off-season. I'm getting so tired of the constant run up the middle plays, with no hint of screens, boot legs, quick dumps, ---all the plays other teams use to open up that "middle run" stuff.

Comment

McCoy is:
                    • ~ changing offensive design midseason;
                      ~ installing plays that "experts" insist won't work;
                      ~ coaching a player in whom few believe to run this controversial system;
                      ~ integrating a passing dimension into a run heavy offense;
                      ~ persuading a group of NFL players to buy into a plan that a number of former players doom to failure;
                      ~ calling plays for a totally out-of-the-ordinary offense not knowing how it will be defended and making adjustments in real time;
                      ~ coaching and calling an offense that many regard as "high risk" with incredible ball security results.

For anyone with coaching experience, any one of the above items is a tall order and a worthy accomplishment. Calling plays from the sideline isn't easy. If anyone thinks so, try it sometime.

It seems that some still don't understand how this different offense also functions differently and interacts with defense and special teams differently. Their expectations are those of "regular" NFL offenses.

Welcome to Foxball. Keep studying. I know I am. On each play I ask myself the question, "OK, what am I seeing here?" Sometimes I need to look at it ten times in a row to get a clue. Then, imagine what it's like for McCoy with 40 seconds between plays. The results speak for themselves.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        ~ persuading a group of NFL players to buy into a plan that a number of former players doom to failure;
                        ~ calling plays for a totally out-of-the-ordinary offense not knowing how it will be defended and making adjustments in real time;
                        ~ coaching and calling an offense that many regard as "high risk" with incredible ball security results.

For anyone with coaching experience, any one of the above items is a tall order and a worthy accomplishment. Calling plays from the sideline isn't easy. If anyone thinks so, try it sometime.

It seems that some still don't understand how this different offense also functions differently and interacts with defense and special teams differently. Their expectations are those of "regular" NFL offenses.

Welcome to Foxball. Keep studying. I know I am. On each play I ask myself the question, "OK, what am I seeing here?" Sometimes I need to look at it ten times in a row to get a clue. Then, imagine what it's like for McCoy with 40 seconds between plays. The results speak for themselves.
                      Well reasoned post, Sam.

Food for thought.
                      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

That's good points, I'm a coach and am the offensive play caller it is a tough job and I understand a lot of the plays he does run but someday he really needs to open it up and have Tebow throw more, he's improving every game and making smart decisions. Especially in the Jets game around 70% of the time we had the ball to start a drive in Jets territory, he had to be more aggressive in those situations with the momentum on our side, but yes he is growing in this offense as well calling plays especially in certain situations since its new, I'll like to see how he adjusts through the rest of the season, I never like putting too much pressure on my defense like the have during the winning streak, offenses are too good to shut down game in and game out. I think he knows that and it'll open up more and people will like his play calling more but right now it's not amazing just needs a better feel for it and it'll come with time.
                        Follow me on Twitter
                        @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Agree Sam. He's obviously operating outside his comfort zone. I wonder where in his coaching career he may have used some of these plays. This season may be the 1st time he's used a bunch of them. Being able to make quick adjustments to how the defense plays us has got to be somewhat of a learning experience for him.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
                            That's good points, I'm a coach and am the offensive play caller it is a tough job and I understand a lot of the plays he does run but someday he really needs to open it up and have Tebow throw more, he's improving every game and making smart decisions. Especially in the Jets game around 70% of the time we had the ball to start a drive in Jets territory, he had to be more aggressive in those situations with the momentum on our side, but yes he is growing in this offense as well calling plays especially in certain situations since its new, I'll like to see how he adjusts through the rest of the season, I never like putting too much pressure on my defense like the have during the winning streak, offenses are too good to shut down game in and game out. I think he knows that and it'll open up more and people will like his play calling more but right now it's not amazing just needs a better feel for it and it'll come with time.
                            I've called offense, defense and special teams (not all in the same season) at the freshman/JV level. Of the three, I found calling offense to be the most stressful.

In HS there are only 25 seconds between plays and I was sending them in with rotating Xs. If I didn't have the play going in when they were unpiling the previous one, delay of game was a real possibility.

Down and distance, hashmark and personnel had to be right there in my head when I picked a formation and a play from my list. It's not a computer game.

Sometimes what I'd see run wasn't even what I sent in. Lost in translation through the mind of an excited kid.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCO109 View Post
                              This is the best interview I have seen with McCoy ...I really like him....Honest coach and coaching the way a good coach should do it I think

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...a-9a06c83c9f5d

Please drop the KO8 logo...lol
                              no. his play calling is the worst.

Comment

Working...
                              X