Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Honestly good OC---McCoy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I agree with the OP in that this is one of his best pressers. I really enjoyed it.

    I was not at all happy with him as our OC at 1-4.

    At 5-1 in the past 6 I'm a LOT happier.

    Samparnell laid it out the best.

    We will keep learning/growning/improving.

    It's all good!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Broncofanfolife View Post
      I see what your saying , that said what about the fact that we are changing our offense to basically one guy? I say one because we had a good run game prior to switching to the option from Willis anyway.
      Well, considering that one guy is the trigger man, is drastically different than his predecessor, ran this new offense quite possibly better than anyone in the modern-era in college, and is built like a brick spit house...it's understandable to me. In fact, I would go so far as to say it's admirable & takes courage.

      My father was a coach & ran the T offense. We were talking about how hard it would be to stop Tim in that offense, along w/ 3 other backs. If you had the right TE's & willing WR's, you could power run, PAP, and eventually drop bombs w/ this kid all day.

      But...you have to be willing to go against the grain. Stand inside the fire. It's not easy.

      Until somebody can tell/show me X & O's why this offense can't work (especially in the playoffs in the cold when D's are built to defend pass happy teams & you pound the football 60 times per game in the snow) w/ the right parts, then I will believe they are doing the right thing.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Broncofanfolife View Post
        I see what your saying , that said what about the fact that we are changing our offense to basically one guy? I say one because we had a good run game prior to switching to the option from Willis anyway.
        The other thing that is getting forgotten is whatever they were doing wasn't working before (1-4). So the ultimate answer to "Why change the offense" is "Because the Broncos had become a perennial loser, and started off the year losing again."

        At some point, you have to try something different just because. Shake it up, see if coming at it from a different direction works, even if you might eventually get to the same concepts in the passing game.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Southtown View Post
          Well, considering that one guy is the trigger man, is drastically different than his predecessor, ran this new offense quite possibly better than anyone in the modern-era in college, and is built like a brick spit house...it's understandable to me. In fact, I would go so far as to say it's admirable & takes courage.

          My father was a coach & ran the T offense. We were talking about how hard it would be to stop Tim in that offense, along w/ 3 other backs. If you had the right TE's & willing WR's, you could power run, PAP, and eventually drop bombs w/ this kid all day.

          But...you have to be willing to go against the grain. Stand inside the fire. It's not easy.

          Until somebody can tell/show me X & O's why this offense can't work (especially in the playoffs in the cold when D's are built to defend pass happy teams & you pound the football 60 times per game in the snow) w/ the right parts, then I will believe they are doing the right thing.
          I think we well have a better answer to your question at season's end and more to the point after the draft. What direction we go in the draft is going to say allot about Tebow's future as a Bronco.

          I am still of the belief that this is not going to work long term nor is this the direction the FO wants to go in.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Broncofanfolife View Post
            I think we well have a better answer to your question at season's end and more to the point after the draft. What direction we go in the draft is going to say allot about Tebow's future as a Bronco.

            I am still of the belief that this is not going to work long term nor is this the direction the FO wants to go in.
            Agreed, on the first part at least. But you are right, we'll be able to see which direction the ship is going by that point.

            Until then---> Enjoy the ride...and some power football!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
              The other thing that is getting forgotten is whatever they were doing wasn't working before (1-4). So the ultimate answer to "Why change the offense" is "Because the Broncos had become a perennial loser, and started off the year losing again."

              At some point, you have to try something different just because. Shake it up, see if coming at it from a different direction works, even if you might eventually get to the same concepts in the passing game.
              I am not against changing things up but I would say our loosing was due to both playacting and lack of talent at the QB postion.

              We still have the same issues when it comes to passing the ball but we are now winning in spite of it because the other 3 facits of our team are playing lights out D SP and our rushing attack.

              If we had a better more accurate passer that didn't turn the ball over we would still be winning.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Southtown View Post
                Agreed, on the first part at least. But you are right, we'll be able to see which direction the ship is going by that point.

                Until then---> Enjoy the ride...and some power football!
                I defiantly am enjoying the ride GO BRONCOS

                Comment


                • #38
                  McCoy on NFL Playbook

                  McCoy discusses the pleasures of being able to coach Tim Tebow's rare playing style.....
                  Like how he talks to his players and gets in-put and says this is new to his..

                  Love how we have become a team that really works together to win...

                  http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...Coaching-Tebow

                  BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X