Proving He Belongs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    This is incorrect ...you will always have the ball thrown your way covered or not so pass deflection are always a plus and also that's why it's bad to automatically make that assumption of where his tackles came from

Champ had 80+ tackles in '06 when he had imo the most dominate year by a CB in the history of the NFL ...He was out of his mind in coverage but he was still that good and run support cuz fewer than 10 of those 80 tackles came from a pass being completed on him
    Isn't his 18 INTs in two years also an NFL record?
    sigpic

Comment

FINALLY a thread without the name Tebow in it.

:doh:

I started noticing Chris a couple of weeks ago and the announcers actually got to use his name last week. He does seem like a good kid and has a great history along with a great attitude.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        FINALLY a thread without the name Tebow in it.

:doh:

I started noticing Chris a couple of weeks ago and the announcers actually got to use his name last week. He does seem like a good kid and has a great history along with a great attitude.
        Uh...you just dropped that name in it.

D'OH!:doh:
        sigpic
        HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

Originally posted by AZOmae View Post
          Uh...you just dropped that name in it.

D'OH!:doh:
          I was trying to make a funny. Hopefully everyone gets a chuckle out of it?
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by enviroGator View Post
            Haven't really noticed him on the field, but a CB with a lot of tackles normally indicates a guy that is being thrown AT and who is letting the guys make the catch and then tackling them.

The best stat line for a CB is zero tackles zero deflections. Means he was covering his guy so tight the ball never headed his direction.
            He plays nickel corner, and in passing situations because of the effect of Champ Bailey is going to get picked on. Sure the catches are being made but hes made some great tackles before the 1st down markers on 3rd and long

Comment

Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
              Isn't his 18 INTs in two years also an NFL record?
              I don't think so ...it's gotta be up there but I don't remember hearing it was a record

'05 was great but what he did in '06 was just unbelievable

Comment

Great story, thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                  I don't think so ...it's gotta be up there but I don't remember hearing it was a record

'05 was great but what he did in '06 was just unbelievable
                  BAILEY AT A GLANCE:
                  • A 13th-year player and eighth-year Bronco whose 10 career Pro Bowl selections are the most by a cornerback in NFL history.
                  • Named to the NFL’s All-Decade Team for the 2000s as chosen by the Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee.
                  • Earned Associated Press All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors during each of his first four seasons in Denver from 2004-07 after spending five years with Washington to begin his NFL career.
                  • Tied for fifth in franchise history in Pro Bowl selections (6) and tied for fifth in club annals with 32 interceptions as a Bronco.
                  • Leads all NFL cornerbacks (3rd among all players) with 50 interceptions since his rookie year in 1999 while being tied for fifth in the league with 32 interceptions since joining the Broncos in 2004.
                  • Began his NFL career starting 99 consecutive regular-season games and has totaled the second-most starts (181) among league cornerbacks (as of the end of the 2010 season) since his rookie year in 1999.
                  • Penalized for pass interference only three times during the last five years in the 360 times he was targeted (0.83%) according to Stats Inc.
                  Recorded 18 interceptions with Denver from 2005-06, marking the most by an NFL player in a two-year stretch since Everson Walls had 18 interceptions for Dallas from 1981-82.
                  • Tied for the NFL lead in 2006 with a career-best 10 interceptions, which marked the second highest single-season total in Denver history and propelled him to a second-place finish in the Associated Press’ NFL Defensive Player of the Year voting.
                  • Turned in one of the most dramatic plays in NFL postseason annals when he returned an interception 100 yards in an AFC Divisional Playoff Game against New England (1/14/06), marking the longest non-scoring interception return in league playoff history.
                  • Became the youngest player in NFL history to post three interceptions in a game as a rookie with the Redskins (at Arizona, 10/17/99).
                  • Won the 1998 Bronko Nagurski Award at the University of Georgia as the nation’s top defensiveplayer while also earning consensus All-America honors that year.
                  • Joined the Broncos on March 4, 2004, in a trade with Washington that brought Bailey and a second-round draft choice (RB Tatum Bell) to Denver in exchange for running back Clinton Portis.
                  • Selected by Washington in the first round (7th overall) of the 1999 NFL Draft.
                  http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/ro...9-3467ecc2384a
                  sigpic

Comment

^ good stuff....

Comment

One thing often not mentioned with Champ is how impressive he is in not ever getting called for PI ...and one of the calls was BS on DJax ...zero contact on the play...pathetic call

Comment

I started noticing this guy after I went to the Miami game this year (because I got to watch the whole defense instead of just where the camera was pointed, and didn't have an announcer jabbering in my ear as to what I should pay attention to)
                        and all day I kept noticing #25. The end of the miracle and on the car ride home I remember mentioning to someone I was impressed by whoever that guy was. The next game I figured out his name and have been keenly awaiting his progress every game since. I love this guy.

Comment

Allot of the things I am reading about Harris remind me character wise of Rod Smith
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                          X