This team was never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team was never

as bad as everyone thought it was!!!http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=195614
    This thread has nothing to do with Tim Tebow.
    My reason for starting this thread is to point out that there were signs that this team having key injuries and poor QB play at the wrong times. I never for once thought this team was going to win only 3 games or 4 games or even 5! You have a pass rusher in DOOM who can do just that. All pro! Champ Bailey, future hof! Goodman, strong number 2 corner! Dawkins, veteran leadership. DJ williams, great player and linebacker. Decker was balling at the time I started the other thread. E Royal on special teams. Great FG kicker. Brandon LLoydd.....please!

I simply wanted to use the measuring stick of the win against the Cinci Bengals and how many points our sorry starting QB at the time put up. Our running back rushed for 101 yards against their defense that was top rated at the time.

There were always signs this team was not horrible, and everytime I came here to the Bronco message boards, or heard a local radio host say that, it made me ill.

I have always had them at 8-8 or 9-7 somewhere around that. Some of you Bronco fans lost faith not understanding that new coach(bonding with the team) and injuries and poor QB play was hurting this team...

Now....for all the mean people, I already know what your going to say... something like, what do I want a cookie....or negative things like that, I can dig it. Just understand that when some of you were jumping ship...it made us mad.
    Last edited by ParkHill-71; 12-02-2011, 03:56 PM. Reason: language
    sigpic

My prediction was 6 wins.

Sure as heck hope I'm wrong!

Comment

Teams in the NFL are rarely as bad as they might appear. Most of them are usually a coach or a couple of players away from going worst to first. But football fans are passionate and really take losing to heart. I'm pretty sure a fan takes a loss worse than the player's do. When a team is losing it is just painful for the average fan and it unleashes negative emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by jlo62554 View Post
        Teams in the NFL are rarely as bad as they might appear. Most of them are usually a coach or a couple of players away from going worst to first. But football fans are passionate and really take losing to heart. I'm pretty sure a fan takes a loss worse than the player's do. When a team is losing it is just painful for the average fan and it unleashes negative emotions.
        I absolutely understand all of this. It's the part of it that was becomming conventional wisdom not just from the fans, but from the radio and t.v. hosts. that Im talking about.

We could have easily won that raider game, and then we could have easily beat the Titans. It wasnt like they owned us or someting. So I thought I would start a thread and point those things out, you know...like a debate. Lets debate the facts. Those people made me out to be like some crazy optimistic cat who didnt understand reality, yet again, the signs were there all along.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by catsigater View Post
          My prediction was 6 wins.

Sure as heck hope I'm wrong!
          I do too...lol.
          sigpic

Comment

To answer your initial question(that you forced me to edit out), read BM's last post in your original thread.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

i never thought we'd have a chance to finish the season at .500 or above!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kcarr26 View Post
                i never thought we'd have a chance to finish the season at .500 or above!
                Nor did I. Ain't it great to be wrong???

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  To answer your initial question(that you forced me to edit out), read BM's last post in your original thread.

Too many people troll or abuse and should be edited out. I had a opps thread rant a month ago. Happens to the best of guys.

But i read the original thread and didnt see a need to edit it for him... Just stated he got a previous thread locked for a reason he didnt know.

I do agree that this team was not (skill level) a 4w team. I think it had more to do with coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                    Nor did I. Ain't it great to be wrong???
                    I love being wrong......

....We won't win the Super Bowl this year.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
                      I love being wrong......

....We won't win the Super Bowl this year.
                      LOL!!!!!!!! Now you're just crazy!!!!!!!

Comment

We have a raw second year QB; No number 1 receiver; a 31 year old back, an average Oline; three players in the secondary age 32 and older; Dumerveil was out or not at full strength for the first 6 or 7 games. Ty Warren, our "big" defensive transaction never played a game; The rest of the D line was laughed at and rediculed all offseason; our kicker has not been as good as he has been in the past. There are obviously many good things to talk about as well, but I think it is safe to say that we had great coaching and the team has overachieved. A good 2012 draft/free agency is needed to help the talent catch up to the coaching. If we get that, it could mean a serious SB run, if our coaches AND PLAYERS remain in tact.
                        Just don't lose baby

Comment

Originally posted by ironfootball39 View Post
                          Too many people troll or abuse and should be edited out. I had a opps thread rant a month ago. Happens to the best of guys.

But i read the original thread and didnt see a need to edit it for him... Just stated he got a previous thread locked for a reason he didnt know.

I do agree that this team was not (skill level) a 4w team. I think it had more to do with coaching.
                          Speaking of the other thread, this team beat a team in the Bengals that had the number 1 ranked defense at the time. We scored 24pts against them. Nobody had scored that many points against them at the time. We ran for 101 yards.

We lost to a team in OAK giving up 3 turnovers and still had a chance to win that game in the end.

We had a shot at the Titans. We could have easily been 3-0 at the time. We had injuries to Champ, Bailey, DOOM, and Williams.

I made a thread stating all of that and was made to feel insanely optimistic for saying we could easily end up 8-8 or 9-7......

That was the only thing I was trying to re-live by bumping that thread.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think I had us winning 5 or 6 games with orton as starter

Will be honest and even if tebow was starter I did not think we would do this good. I knew Tebow was gonna win the team over with a gutty performance I just did not think it would happen in his first two games of action.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
                              Speaking of the other thread, this team beat a team in the Bengals that had the number 1 ranked defense at the time. We scored 24pts against them. Nobody had scored that many points against them at the time. We ran for 101 yards.

We lost to a team in OAK giving up 3 turnovers and still had a chance to win that game in the end.

We had a shot at the Titans. We could have easily been 3-0 at the time. We had injuries to Champ, Bailey, DOOM, and Williams.

I made a thread stating all of that and was made to feel insanely optimistic for saying we could easily end up 8-8 or 9-7......

That was the only thing I was trying to re-live by bumping that thread.
                              We understand...its that whole "I knew more than the rest of you and I bumped this thread so you can all acknowledge it....humbly....of course."
                              Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
                              Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
                              "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
                              Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X