Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just saw the 63 yard kick

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • just saw the 63 yard kick

    man that was amazing 1998 against jags great.... it looked so long....

  • #2
    yeah, that kick was sweet.™
    This space for rent

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lynch Bailey247
      man that was amazing 1998 against jags great.... it looked so long....
      Yes, 63 yards is long. Nice observation...

      Comment


      • #4
        Haha, i just wish he would have taken a step back, it could have been good from like 65.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Elam is good at long distance....

          Comment


          • #6
            I've never seen it.. where did you see it?

            Comment


            • #7
              You sure can tell how young the Broncos base is in here...


              Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

              2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

              Comment


              • #8
                I can remeber it. I was lucky to see that game live on a german sport channel this day. Did anyone saw the other guy who had a 63 yard kick ? Saw it on Inside NFL, among the highlight plays. This guy looked strange cuz of his foot, had some kind of injury I think, but he was a heck of a kicker. He had some unique style.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by _BrusT_
                  I can remeber it. I was lucky to see that game live on a german sport channel this day. Did anyone saw the other guy who had a 63 yard kick ? Saw it on Inside NFL, among the highlight plays. This guy looked strange cuz of his foot, had some kind of injury I think, but he was a heck of a kicker. He had some unique style.
                  Yeah, Jason tied Tom Demsey for that record. Demsey kicked his in 1970. I remember seeing photo stills of the ball placement for both kicks. Elam's was about a half yard longer, but there's no such thing as a half a yard in the record books so they share the record at 63 yards.

                  Dempsey was born with no right hand, and no toes on his right foot (which was his kicking foot). He wore a modified shoe with a larger toe area.
                  Winter is Coming!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AsianOrange
                    You sure can tell how young the Broncos base is in here...
                    I didn't get the game up in North Dakota.. so of course I couldn't see it. And in 1998 I was 10 years old. I'm 16 now.. at least I'm a Broncos fan.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                      Yeah, Jason tied Tom Demsey for that record. Demsey kicked his in 1970. I remember seeing photo stills of the ball placement for both kicks. Elam's was about a half yard longer, but there's no such thing as a half a yard in the record books so they share the record at 63 yards.

                      Dempsey was born with no right hand, and no toes on his right foot (which was his kicking foot). He wore a modified shoe with a larger toe area.
                      Interesting side note:

                      Demsey's goal post was on the goal line in those days.
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Anyway, a great effort from someone who is kinda disabled. Would like to know how you get into Football with such conditions. What I think is interesting that the record was outside. Would have expected it to be in a dome.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                          Interesting side note:

                          Demsey's goal post was on the goal line in those days.
                          True, and he kicked it from his team's (Saints) 37 yard line. Pretty crazy...
                          Winter is Coming!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                            Interesting side note:

                            Demsey's goal post was on the goal line in those days.

                            Back then, did they count from where the ball was snapped or where it was placed? Don't they measure field goals by where they are placed nowadays?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              not sure but that guy only had half a foot

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X