No announcement yet.

Post game rants---Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great video! I have jsut one question. In the 4th with 9 min or so left 1st and 10 from our 34 I think. the deep pass to DT of the playaction why does he cut inside instead of staying outside?
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pratama View Post
      The role he's been in doesn't get us a pick-6 against the Vikings. Do you really think he should ride the pine? Or are there certain situations that you would bring him in for?
      The play of our starting D and the success they've had is elevating the play of the back-up guys. Everywhere on the defense this is true. He's on our team and someone has to start and that is Miller, rightfully so. It's the dilemma all defensive coordinators would love to have to deal with.

I love the situation this defense is in, it makes it hard to credit just one guy each week for contributing to a win. They all contribute, even if it's just knowing that if a guy goes down, there's a replacement that won't miss a beat.

By the way, the role he's been in did in fact get us a pick six against the Vikings.

On a side note: the old Orange Crush D made the 50 yard line, the line in the sand. Nobody crosses that line without serious consequences. This new Orange Crush seems to be doing the same thing. Cross it, you might get a chance at a field goal and even then they'll literally scare the p*** out of the kicker.

Hey Denver, we really do have a team now.
      Rhyme Time: Loose, Caboose. Lose, Boo's. Grieve, Peeve? Cat, Hat and all of that...

Comment

• Originally posted by wbovee1 View Post
        Great video! I have jsut one question. In the 4th with 9 min or so left 1st and 10 from our 34 I think. the deep pass to DT of the playaction why does he cut inside instead of staying outside?
        I remember feeling dumbfounded watching that happen live.

Here's a guy 6-3 with sub 4.4 speed all alone with a straight shot to the endzone. All he had to do was run to the corner, he had atleast a step on the defender to his right.

I think its DT's passivity and his natural instinct to use his quickness and make a guy miss rather than use his top end speed. That'll come in time. What a game for the guy though. If you think about it he was one near catch or one yac from having a 200 yard, 3 Td game.

Comment

Working...
        X