Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post potential playoff scenarios here... (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post potential playoff scenarios here... (Merged)

Here is a neato tool to use (hint, pick the games winners for each week and it will tell you net result)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
    Denver Broncos
    95.56%
    Oakland Raiders
    2.22%
    San Diego Chargers
    1.11%
    Kansas City Chiefs
    1.11%

Most likely scenario is that we're gonna have to play against either the Steelers or Ravens in Mile High... going to be a tough game.

That being said, as long as we win the division, the game will be in Denver, which is a plus for us.

Comment

That was pretty neat. No matter what happens, we'll be playing an AFC North team as the wildcard at home "after" we win the division.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Interesting stat, if we finish 11-5 and all the other teams (pats, ravens, steelers) finish 11-5 we hold the tiebreaker over all of them due to win percentage in the conference and are 1st seed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          Interesting stat, if we finish 11-5 and all the other teams (pats, ravens, steelers) finish 11-5 we hold the tiebreaker over all of them due to win percentage and are 1st seed.
          ESPN would be in complete shambles if that happened.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KnoMo#27 View Post
            ESPN would be in complete shambles if that happened.
            First round playoff ratings would go down.

Comment

AFC
              I got Broncos at 11-5 4th seed playing the sixth seeded jets

with baltimore, new england, houston and pittsburgh

NFC
              What was fun is that it worked out so the week 17 game btw the boys and the giants will be a playoff game a week early, winner goes in. I have the Giants edging them out.

Green Bay, San Fran,New Orleans, NYG, Chicago and Detroit

If our playoff dreams come true I feel we will run into the Pats again, can we beat them once or even twice...

Comment

Originally posted by GreasyQtip View Post
                AFC
                I got Broncos at 11-5 4th seed playing the sixth seeded jets

with baltimore, new england, houston and pittsburgh

NFC
                What was fun is that it worked out so the week 17 game btw the boys and the giants will be a playoff game a week early, winner goes in. I have the Giants edging them out.

Green Bay, San Fran,New Orleans, NYG, Chicago and Detroit

If our playoff dreams come true I feel we will run into the Pats again, can we beat them once or even twice...
                If the Broncos get the 4th seed they will be playing the 5th seed not the 6th. That will most likely be the Steelers.
                sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one that gets the feeling we might be the chiefs of last year. They won with good defense and a strong run game and cassel managing the game and limiting his turnovers. They won alot got the division and some thought they were legit but ended up having a rude awakening when they played the ravens. I hope that aint us. To go from really bad to really good doesnt seem real. Its usually a process of getting good.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    Interesting stat, if we finish 11-5 and all the other teams (pats, ravens, steelers) finish 11-5 we hold the tiebreaker over all of them due to win percentage in the conference and are 1st seed.

Can you possibly imagine US as 1st seed??? LMAO!! That "potential" is hilarious but just imagine. The football talking heads would go into convulsions and need medication.

Originally posted by GreasyQtip View Post
                    Running into the Pats in post season is a gimme really if we continue with our winning ways. It's bound to happen eventually unless they lose in an early round.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                      Am I the only one that gets the feeling we might be the chiefs of last year. They won with good defense and a strong run game and cassel managing the game and limiting his turnovers. They won alot got the division and some thought they were legit but ended up having a rude awakening when they played the ravens. I hope that aint us. To go from really bad to really good doesnt seem real. Its usually a process of getting good.
                      It's possible, we're probably gonna play Pitt or Bal if we win the West.

And with where we've gone the past 5-6 yrs, that would be ok. Making the playoffs in the 1st year of a rebuild would be impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        It's possible, we're probably gonna play Pitt or Bal if we win the West.

And with where we've gone the past 5-6 yrs, that would be ok. Making the playoffs in the 1st year of a rebuild would be impressive.
                        I would really hate to lose to Pitt more than any other team. I live in Steeler country. I still have to hear about the 2005 AFCCG.
                        sigpic

Comment

I would really hate to lose to Pitt more than any other team. I live in Steeler country. I still have to hear about the 2005 AFCCG.
                          Yea I still hate the Stealers (intentional spelling) for taking our SB away and starting the demise of our franchise.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wel you can always remind them of 97 in 3 rivers
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                              8 weeks ago all of the scenario questions regarding wins/loses involved us getting the #1 draft pick not which playoff seed we might be. Although many of us may have hoped for this I doubt anyone really believed that we'd really be discussing this on week 14.

So although I'm hoping for much more I wouldn't consider it a rude awakening if that's the way it plays out. I'd consider it a pretty amazing season with an incredibly bright future.

A quick question I was thinking about can anyone tell me if a starter has ever been benched midseason before in which the backup qb came in and lead a team from last place in the division to first place? Was just wondering if it happens if its ever been done before.

Comment

Working...
                              X