Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post potential playoff scenarios here... (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RunYouOver View Post
    Sam...what's your point exactly? That since we already beat them in KC we'll definitely beat them in Denver? Or that it doesn't affect the tie-breaker since we beat them in KC?

Sure, we beat them in Arrowhead, but the OP is saying that if we were to lose against the Chiefs in Week 17, we could potentially lose the tiebreaker.
    The chances of us losing at home in Denver to the Chiefs, having won already in Kansas City, are slim. I believe that's the point he's trying to get across.

He never disagreed with the original post and scenario, he merely said it's unlikely to ever become a factor.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by porkadachop View Post
      This page also says these are the teams we need to root for this weekend:

DEN over CHI (duh)
      GB over OAK
      NYJ over KC
      NO over TEN
      BUF over SD
      HOU over CIN
      WAS over NE
      Why would we want to root for the Jets or Bills given they are both in the hunt for the wild card?

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
      In this scenario, we'll lose the tie-breaker to the Faiders.

We finish 10-6 (win 3 games + lose to Chiefs)
      Raiders finish 10-6 (win 3 games with 2 of them against AFC West)

So the Chiefs game may play a big role for us.

In all other scenarios we win the tie-breaker.
      Finishing 10-6 has nothing to do with anything.

These are the top 6 Tie Breaker rules for two teams in the same division.

1.Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
      2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
      3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
      4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
      5.Strength of victory.
      6.Strength of schedule.

We simply need to have a better record within the division. Obviously, if we are tied it drops to the next tie breaker - common games.
      "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
        What is your point? I typed in "AT" and so?
        We have and can lose to the Chiefs AT HOME. It's a scenario that can happen.
        I don't understand what are you driving at.

Please! Oh Gheez! Please, don't tell me you think this has some under current negatives about Tebow.
        Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        Are you a troll because so far that is how this looks
        It is not trolling to say that we could loose to KC in Denver. Kyle Orton has days like last years 49-29 beat down of the Chiefs. He is a very skilled QB that depending on how they support him in KC could be dangerous.

Orton has a tendency not to be aggressive enough, but there is no doubt that he would love to come into Mile High, play lights out and knock us out of the playoffs.

It is a major trap game, though I have a feeling that Tebow is not susceptible to trap games. Though Orton had a tough time in Denver in the last primarily one year, people are ignorant if they do not realise that Orton could put up a monster game. He will have everything to gain/nothing to loose, and if in some way Doom and Miller are contained our secondary can be sliced up by Orton.

KC were the spoilers in 2009, and they could be again. Then again all the games we have left are winnable

Comment

• I don't want to get all stressed out imagining scenarios. I'm just going to watch it play out and be elated by the outcomes.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
            Why would we want to root for the Jets or Bills given they are both in the hunt for the wild card?

We simply need to have a better record within the division. Obviously, if we are tied it drops to the next tie breaker - common games.
            You answered your own question with the 2nd paragraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
              In this scenario, we'll lose the tie-breaker to the Faiders.

We finish 10-6 (win 3 games + lose at Chiefs)
              Raiders finish 10-6 (win 3 games with 2 of them against AFC West)

They'll get the Tie-Breaker on us. I ran this through the ESPN Playoff Machine to confirm it.

So the Chiefs game may play a big role for us.

In all other scenarios we win the tie-breaker.
              And they play Green Bay tomorrow and Detroit the following week. I think it's gonna be awfully tough for them to win three games.
              You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• If we can't beat the Chiefs at home, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

We have them at home, Oakland has to go to Arrowhead in late December.
                IT'S OK - The F just means Freakin' !!

Comment

• I have posted at least 10x

We end up with same record as Oak

We beat chiefs WE are in OR

Oak loses 1 against KC OR Sd we are in

We have common game locked up already
                  Which is next tie breaker after Head 2 head and Div Rexord

Uncommon games .. There are only 2 each year .... So we end up with same Record we will be 1 game better in common games.
                  Oak 2-0 hou and Clev
                  den 1-1 Cin and Tenn

Comment

• If we lose to the Chiefs at home we don't deserve anything, simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                      I have posted at least 10x

We end up with same record as Oak

We beat chiefs WE are in OR

Oak loses 1 against KC OR Sd we are in

We have common game locked up already
                      Which is next tie breaker after Head 2 head and Div Rexord

Uncommon games .. There are only 2 each year .... So we end up with same Record we will be 1 game better in common games.
                      Oak 2-0 hou and Clev
                      den 1-1 Cin and Tenn
                      You are right, after checking:

EDIT: If we win at least 2 of the next 3, but lose -->AT HOME<-- to the Chiefs
                      If Raiders lose the next 2, but win the last 2 against AFC West opponents.

The Raiders will win the tie-breaker, too.

I hate it when the playoffs are in doubt until the last week. I'm trying to make some advance plans to go, but I will only have a week to plan this out.
                      Last edited by BroncoBreeder; 12-11-2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X