Lets Enjoy The Flippin Ride!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Enjoy The Flippin Ride!!!!!

Okay....I've had my doubts about this squad. I still have some concerns about Tebow (but not nearly as many as I did a month ago). I was a bit worried about our oline, and dline, and overall D. I was questioning whether EFX were actually the right guys for the job.

But hey, we were 1 and 4, and all kinds of crazy things go round your head when you come off a terrible season, and into another one......and you're on a run of 7 and 24. THAT'S NOT BRONCOS FOOTBALL!!!! (btw...that's not the 7/24 I want to be connected to...I'd take 24/7 in that case!!)

~~~~~

Woke up on December 5th.......The Broncos are 7 and 5 and in the driver's seat for the playoffs (in my opinion). And what better time to be on a 6 and 1 run???

For the positive folks here (I like to think I'm one), this is a masterpiece!!! Lets just think like one of them folks for a bit:

- Had it not been for a terrible start, we'd be running away with this division, and challenging for a better playoff spot. Maybe if Tebow had started, we'd be around 9 and 3 as we speak. That's just gut feeling, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Okay, lets drop the theory, but sure makes you wonder.
    - Our Oline is in gel mode, and why not, they're the second youngest oline in the NFL. Give them time. And Franklin deserved a few games to get his big feet wet. They said he was a run blocker, and surprise, he is! He's working on his pass game, and it's definitely better. Of course, McGahee was a great signing, and his influence has been a blessing.
    - The D is playing good ball again, except for our last game....but they did bend and not break when the game was on the line. And lets not forget who wasn't on the field on Sunday. He's next.....
    - Von Miller was a fantastic selection. OLBs of his caliber can change teams. If he has the same influence as Ware, Harrison, Suggs and a host of other great OLBs.......we're in good shape for the future. I see pro bowl possibilities....this year!
    - Coaching has been surprisingly flexible, given Fox doesn't strike me as that type. But it's been fun to watch how we've transitioned this team to better suit our young QB. And we seem to employ better design as the games go on, allowing for us to make those comebacks. This is truly a work in progress, and I respect and salute them for pushing their brain cells to implement so many changes......even though many keep saying Tebow won't be the fit for the future. Heck, after this season, and with some good offseason prep, next year will be comparatively easy for our coaching group!
    - AND we've yet to see the best from some of our players.....the future looks bright......wait until Miller grows into his complete potential, and wait until Moore gets more experience. And watch out if DT becomes the player we all know he can be. And don't forget that our oline is still maturing. And what if Irving steps it up (next year), and becomes another stud in the D. And I still believe that guys like Mays, Carter, Harris and others will grow some. And I also believe Doom has better play in his game, in fact I picture him and Von going sack crazy in a big game in our future. And yes, imagine if Tebow keeps stepping it up.........It's a nice picture that is being painted!!!

I could add more.

In the end, why don't we agree that this season is getting pretty special, and that this team is only going to get better if the guys keep maturing and we get solid coaching along the way. This could be the beginning of that long fun ride we've all been talking about for a number of years. Maybe this is it folks!!! And if so, I don't want to miss it happen, by questioning and challenging and second guessing.

THIS COULD BE IT!!!!

I love the 2011 Denver Broncos. This has been a great ride, full of drama, emotion, adversity, and thrills.

There are still some major holes (CB is the biggest IMO), but they are playing as a TEAM. I love it!

Comment

What CanDB said in long form & PowderAddict said in short form, I agree with in all forms.

However the season goes from here, there was a time earlier this season where I would have snorted derisively at the very mention of the Broncos in the playoff picture.

Seriously, people...hop in the Wayback Machine, jump back to the bye week & post our current playoff scenario. What kinda reaction would you have gotten? Jim Mora going into a near convulsion uttering "Playoffs? Playoffs?!?" comes to mind. No one with any credibility would have entertained the notion we'd be leading our division after 12 games. I'm a major optimist at times (seen the unlikely happen too many times to buy into the groupthink)...& even I would have called that crazy.

This may or not be it...but just to be where we are, from where we were so recently is OUTRAGEOUSLY COOL. :thumb:
      "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Trench777 View Post
        What CanDB said in long form & PowderAddict said in short form, I agree with in all forms.

However the season goes from here, there was a time earlier this season where I would have snorted derisively at the very mention of the Broncos in the playoff picture.

Seriously, people...hop in the Wayback Machine, jump back to the bye week & post our current playoff scenario. What kinda reaction would you have gotten? Jim Mora going into a near convulsion uttering "Playoffs? Playoffs?!?" comes to mind. No one with any credibility would have entertained the notion we'd be leading our division after 12 games. I'm a major optimist at times (seen the unlikely happen too many times to buy into the groupthink)...& even I would have called that crazy.

This may or not be it...but just to be where we are, from where we were so recently is OUTRAGEOUSLY COOL. :thumb:
        Cmon gang.....join the PowderCan777 train.......we forgive and forget (I'm pretty sure about that!!!), and accept anyone who wants to join this ride!!!!

Comment

Yes! This is the most fun I've had being a Bronco fan in the longest time. I haven't jumped up and down at so many games in my life.

Like PowerAddict said, full of drama and emotion! The perfect Cinderella story.

I hope we make the playoffs, but no matter how it ends, this is so fun
          Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

It's been an crazy and odd ride but as long as we keep winning I'm on board!

Thx,
            Joe
            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

This is the most fun that I've had since the 2005 AFC Championship game kickoff
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

This is probably one of my favorite Bronco teams post-Elway

The high character and passion is fantastic
                sigpic
                Thank you Charger$

Comment

I'm with Powder, I love this team and everything they represent.

I love the Defensive side of the football and the pain they bring to opposing QBs. I love our Offense and the fact that they are all young players bursting with potential. Hell, I love our Special Teams and the hustle they show every chance they get an opportunity.

I love the 2011 Denver Broncos.
                  sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

I am onboard....I had a list of things I wanted to see out of this team pre season and they have all been met. OP listed most of them but just to see this team improve and take steps in the right direction is satisfying. I do have to say that having Bronco Nation taking over opposing teams stadiums was quite a surprise that I never anticipated and couldn't have even fathomed with McDaniels as coach and Orton at QB.

Comment

Everybody say Tebow can't win, but not only are we winning, we are doing it in dramatic fashion. This is like one of the wildest roller coaster rides I have ever been on!
                      sigpic

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Call it a train........how bout The Bronco Express!!!!!

Comment

Anyone else want to get on the train?

The door is open!

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
                            It's been an crazy and odd ride but as long as we keep winning I'm on board!

Thx,
                            Joe
                            You're either in or out, make up yer mind fai... Bronco!

Thx,
                            Tebow
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

One thing I've noticed about people in the media is that they seem to underestimate how our season started. We were 1-4 for Pete's sake. That is like a MLB team starting out 10-40. That is a HUGE hole for any team to dig out of, and it appears we have done it. Just for us to be even thinking about making it to the playoffs is HUGE. If Orton were still starting, I'm convinced we'd be 3-9 right now. No doubt at all.
                              11/22/11

Comment

Working...
                              X