Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest Thing Griese Lacked (Besides Talent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muse
    replied
    The season ended after Nalen went on IR. I feel guilty putting blame on JM right now.

Leave a comment:

• kenoyripsit28
    replied
    hahahahah look at my name ahhahahahaha it really has to be changed...........but hey last season he almost did it until he wimped out against the raiders after gettin hammered by romo........you have to remember our playoff hopes died when the ball went right through mobleys hands against the dolphins and when steve dropped two overtime games in a row not to mention mike vanderjacts fluke field goal in the snow any one of those games could have had us in the playoffs and i bet half of the ppl here would love griese for it.............. but hey its 2004 season its jakes time baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
    Personally, I think Griese had heart... he proved that in the Oakland game when he kept himself in after an injury. I think what he lacked most was the respect of his team mates. He just isn't a "leader" in the true sense of the word. All that aside, he has the tools to mold into a great QB.

Nuff said...
    I agree. LEADERSHIP is what Brian did not have.

Leave a comment:

• Ftblman
    replied
    I know of one thing griese didn't have and that is LEADERSHIP...He couldn't lead his horse to water:o

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    Griese also was (to quote Blackadder) 'as quick as an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping' especially when our OL really wasn't designed for it.

Leave a comment:

• K'Noy_Kills
    replied
    It was Gus that came in and initiated 6 straight scoring drives after Greise got hurt. I just watched it.
    Damn maybe Denver never embraced Greise. LOL.

Well I tried.

Leave a comment:

• K'Noy_Kills
    replied
    Oh maybe it was Gus. I thought Greise came in after Gus(or whoever was QB) amd threw the touchdowns.

I'm not sure. Maybe someone can help.

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    How come I don't recall this game? Did you dream this up?

Griese came in and got injured after the 3rd play and Gus Ferotte had to come in and rescue the Broncos....

Are you sure?

Leave a comment:

• K'Noy_Kills
    replied
    I remember the last game at Mile High against the 49ers. Greise had been out with an injury but he suited up for this game (who wouldnt?). Anyway Steve was ****ing up bad and the crowd started chanting for Brian he came and threw like 2 straight TD's and the crowd was going wild. That's the last time I remember him being embraced by the fans.

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
    Personally, I think Griese had heart... he proved that in the Oakland game when he kept himself in after an injury. I think what he lacked most was the respect of his team mates. He just isn't a "leader" in the true sense of the word. All that aside, he has the tools to mold into a great QB.

Nuff said...
    I was at that game And it was the ONLY time I have seen Griese play anything close to impressive, in fact, I was willing to give him a chance after that game but once again he proved what a freakin whiney cry baby he really is. If a man has heart, dont you think his teammates would have at least some respect for him? A lot of the lack of respect came from the fact that he played with no heart. You can have all the talent in the world but if you lack heart for the game you aint gonna make it. The opposite is true too, if you lack some talent, or physical size/strength, you can make up for it with heart.......IMHO

Leave a comment:

• NOLABroncofan
    replied

Nuff said...

Leave a comment:

• orangenblue420
    replied
    He lacks one thing..............................

HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a big fat spoiled baby, and he proved it by going "home" and still performing, acting, behaving the same.............thank god he is no longer a Bronco, thats all I have to say!

Leave a comment:

• pikman
    replied
    Re: Biggest Thing Griese Lacked (Besides Talent)

Originally posted by DarkLiger1
    "Once you're part of this team and you're with teammates like this, it's a brotherhood."(Jake Plummer)
    Kinda like being on this board.

Leave a comment:

• Elway7John
    replied
    Amen

Leave a comment:

• DarkLiger1
    started a topic Biggest Thing Griese Lacked (Besides Talent)

Biggest Thing Griese Lacked (Besides Talent)

"Once you're part of this team and you're with teammates like this, it's a brotherhood."(Jake Plummer)
Working...
X