No announcement yet.

Just wanted to give kudos to Brian Dawkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dennis Allen is brilliant. He's using Dawkins the way Gregg Williams uses Roman Harper in New Orleans.

Harper, like Dawkins at this point, is athletically-limited. But both are physical players who don't mind hitting and blitzing.

Great scheming by Dennis Allen to mask Dawkins' weaknesses and put him in a position to be very productive. Dawkins has embraced that role and done a very good job with it!

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      <signed>

He is making plays in big spots. Not only is he the leader with all the intangibles, he's making plays that are completely tangible

The cliche term, 'the guy just flies around the field' takes on literal meaning when talking about Dawk -it's no wonder he was once called an Eagle
      that picture of Dawkins is awsome! That poor guy doesnt even know he about to become a Victim.
      Theres Ups and Downs, but just hold your Faith in the Orange Jerseys.

Team Tebow Number: 15² Yeah, thats Squared. Give me sum Koolaid

Comment

Originally posted by mray View Post
        Yes, I was one of them. Thought he'd lost a step, but man has he proved me wrong! Glad he's still here.

P.S. Crow aint so bad as long as you use a lot of Cholula!
        Cholula makes everything better.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
          Cholula makes everything better.
          Except for your bowel movemnt the day after.
          Theres Ups and Downs, but just hold your Faith in the Orange Jerseys.

Team Tebow Number: 15² Yeah, thats Squared. Give me sum Koolaid

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            Dennis Allen is brilliant. He's using Dawkins the way Gregg Williams uses Roman Harper in New Orleans.

Harper, like Dawkins at this point, is athletically-limited. But both are physical players who don't mind hitting and blitzing.

Great scheming by Dennis Allen to mask Dawkins' weaknesses and put him in a position to be very productive. Dawkins has embraced that role and done a very good job with it!
            Man alive if we had Dennis Allen working our system while we had Lynch... oh boy....

A guy can dream cant he?

Comment

Brian Dawkins Contract

So in 2009 Dawkins signed a five-year $17 million contract with the Broncos, but after two years he can opt out for $9 million for 2 years instead of his 5 year contract.

Do you guys think he does so? I hope not, Dawkins still has a lot in the tank as he's been showing this year.
              R.I.P. Darrent Williams, Damian Nash, Kenny McKinley

Comment

I hope he doesn't, and if we make the playoffs I don't think he will (unless we win the Super Bowl, then he could go out in fashion)
                Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I hope not! What a loss that would be! A stand-up kind of guy that is also a veteran and leads the team! I think he stays. This year has been a great year for him, no way you leave after performing so well. He doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon.
                  sigpic

Comment

He restructured his contract this year. this is his third year with the broncos.

Comment

Jul 30
                      6:30a

During the opening practices of the Denver Broncos training camp, veteran safety Brian Dawkins has been on the sidelines while rookie Quinton Carter has practiced with the first-team defense. It isn't due to injury or any sort of demotion. Rather, it is because Dawkins is renegotiating his contract.

Dawkins was set to make $6 million in 2011, but he is working with the team to reduce his amount on the salary cap. As a result, he won't be on the practice field until at least Aug. 4, the day the new league year is set to begin and new contracts go into effect. As a result, he can't practice until then.

The 37-year-old safety did appear to lose a step last season and a $6 million salary would have been too high to pay him. This early playing time should help Carter get a feel of what it will be like to play with the starters one day, possibly sooner than we all may think.
                      Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                      You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey are leaders on the defense while McGahee and Tebow are leaders on the offense. You want your leaders around as long as possible.

Dawkins had an off year in 2010, but is having a great year in 2011. His conditioning and flexibility are incredible. It's hard to believe he has played pro football at such a high level for as long as he has.

As far as I'm concerned, Brian Dawkins, Champ Bailey and Willis McGahee can play as long as they want. They have a lot of pride and will know when it's time to retire. They are the Daddies of this football team and are teaching the young players the correct attitude.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Ahhh sorry about this then. So, after this year he will be with us two more?
                          R.I.P. Darrent Williams, Damian Nash, Kenny McKinley

Comment

Originally posted by SoulVision View Post
                            Ahhh sorry about this then. So, after this year he will be with us two more?
                            If age doesn't catch up with him first yes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              If age doesn't catch up with him first yes.
                              Hmm, i thought he restructured where he was on a 1-yr deal, well unless we somehow won the SB, i'd have no problem bringing him back.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                                Hmm, i thought he restructured where he was on a 1-yr deal, well unless we somehow won the SB, i'd have no problem bringing him back.

they dropped the last two years of the contract and reduced the amount he's making from 6 million to 1.6 million with a $400,000 bonus in 2011

hopefully we can resign him.. he's not worth losing if he's gonna play more
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X