Beadles & Walton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Recently I had occasion to revisit the game @ KC specifically watch the OL. I repeated each play until I could tell what each guy did on each play.

When I was finished, I thought it was like watching 30+ minutes of sled drills. KC was in a straight 50 with the Guards uncovered and they were out on the inside backers every play. They also used a lot of influence which tricked the Chiefs' D every time.

Beadles has become one of the best pulling Guards in the NFL. Walton works his way downfield on every run play. These guys cover plays as well as any line, like Franklin's recovery of a Daniel Fells fumble after a reception which downfield.

Franklin is improving with every start. Like most OLs, they are unsung, but are the reason the offense has had success. They pass block well, too.

:thumb:
    I'd love to see a similiar analyzation of the Minn game. The Vikings have a much better DL than KC imo, and to me it looked like Walton and Beadles struggled at times.

I'm just going off my initial impressions on that game, so I could be off.

Comment

Recently I had occasion to revisit the game @ KC specifically watch the OL. I repeated each play until I could tell what each guy did on each play.

When I was finished, I thought it was like watching 30+ minutes of sled drills. KC was in a straight 50 with the Guards uncovered and they were out on the inside backers every play. They also used a lot of influence which tricked the Chiefs' D every time.

Beadles has become one of the best pulling Guards in the NFL. Walton works his way downfield on every run play. These guys cover plays as well as any line, like Franklin's recovery of a Daniel Fells fumble after a reception which downfield.

Franklin is improving with every start. Like most OLs, they are unsung, but are the reason the offense has had success. They pass block well, too.

:thumb:
      i rememeber rewatching to see who recovered that and i was so surprised that it was franklin, like ten yards down field.

Dave Magazu has been one of the better O-line coaches in the NFL, i mean he seems to be the best sense Alex Gibbs
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
        I'd love to see a similiar analyzation of the Minn game. The Vikings have a much better DL than KC imo, and to me it looked like Walton and Beadles struggled at times.

I'm just going off my initial impressions on that game, so I could be off.
        Come on over. Bring chips, dip, beer and clipboard.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          last hyear our time with out ryan harris should have proved beadles lacks the atheletism for OT
          I actually believe that Beadles did a good job at RT, especially against the colts speed rushers.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm not sold on the O-Line yet. IMO, alot of our success in the run game has been because of Tebow/Read Option.
            sigpic

Comment

Offensive Line Mentality ...

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
              I'm not sold on the O-Line yet. IMO, alot of our success in the run game has been because of Tebow/Read Option.
              ... is not an oxymoron.

Nothing builds confidence in O-linemen more than hitting. They love to hit. If you want to hit on every play, be an OL.

The best kind of hitting for an O-lineman is run blocking. Pass blocking is easier, but nowhere near as much fun.

Apparent contradiction: run blocking is harder, but more fun than pass blocking, but run blocking is favorite.

What kind of a defensive front do the Bears run?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by OGLouieD* View Post
                I have to say last year I was unimpressed with the play of the two young interrior line men. But ever since the Detroit game when they limited the impact of Suh. These kids have played great and been key contributors during our 6-1 streak. Clady & Kuper have been proven players & with the emergence of Orlando Franklin we have the makings of a great O Line for years to come. I know McGahee and Tebow agree.
                Walton still sucks. Beadles has shown a bit of improvement. None of the o-line save for Clady can pass block, however.
                Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

Come on over. Bring chips, dip, beer and clipboard.
                  You know, that would be interesting. I've never watched a game with an actual coach. I would love to.

If I'm ever near your neck of the woods and have a free moment, I just might take you up on it

Comment

Working...
                  X