ALL The Hype = Huge Let Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL The Hype = Huge Let Down

I don't mean to be the downer, but we need a reality check. I know this is not going to be a popular post, but I'm a Denver Bronco's fan for many years and I just feel a Denver let down coming this season. In our current winning streak we haven't won one game convincingly. We were lucky to beat the 2-9 Minnesota Vikings. We were lucky on all 5 games we won, it could have easily gone the OTHER way, 0-5. I think we are better than we were in the beginning of the season, but are we an Elite team? A play-off caliber team maybe not? . I'm not completely sold on Tim Tebow either. Everything is going to balance and it won't be in our favor. I can see it starting this week against the hurting Chicago Bears. All of this hype I'm seeing everywhere is just going to lead to a huge let down. We all watch the games, we all see them wining on miracle plays. The Chargers or the Raiders could bet us. Even though we beat them earlier both of those teams were player at 60% and we were playing full throttle. Our team playing at our best cannot beat the Chargers or Raiders at their best. Hopefully I'm wrong.

not many people think we are elite. Ill be thrilled just the make the playoffs although ill still be hoping for a superbowl!

However 6-1 is impressive for anyone, even elite teams. Coupled with the fact that we were supposed to be terrible I dont see a problem with people getting excited. Remember, we were a "lock" for a top 3 pick this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
      not many people think we are elite. Ill be thrilled just the make the playoffs although ill still be hoping for a superbowl!

However 6-1 is impressive for anyone, even elite teams. Coupled with the fact that we were supposed to be terrible I dont see a problem with people getting excited. Remember, we were a "lock" for a top 3 pick this year.
      :clap::clap::clap::clap:
      sigpic
      HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

You're right. Let's stop sending children to school too because only 5 percent of them will become doctors. Here is a stat for you. The broncos have not won a game where all phases were clicking ie defense, special teams, rushing, passing... etc. One phase always carried the others and we still won. Imagine when all of them click together like a well oiled machine. We will only improve.

Comment

Lots of close games in the league. Bad teams lose them, good teams win them.

We are not elite yet but we are a good team.

Also disagree with Oak and SD not playing 'full throttle'. Says who ? SD NEEDED that game and were at home but Miller and Doom knocked Rivers down all game.

The game in Oak wasn't that close, didn't we win by at least 10 ?

I expect your not a Tebow fan but you are way off base.

Comment

No letdown...

we already got more than we bargained for.

If the team loses this week..
            there is no let down.

it is just a bump in the road.

Every win from here on out is gravy.. we already had the main course...

Orton is gone and Tebow is getting his experience.

THAT is all this season is about.

IF we keep winning and make the playoffs?

That, my friends, is dessert with a cherry on top.
            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

You are really mistaken here. If you have trouble believing in this offense then at least believe in the defense. The defensive front is really something that gives opposing offenses troubles no matter who the broncos play or how healthy they are. This is still a young team with a new HC you can't expect them to win convincingly. Remember, the broncos were 4-12 last season. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year with not much optimism and you are looking at them as if they were a playoff contender in the beginning of the season. Just enjoy the fact that we are winning games that the "experts" thought they would lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Team-Tebow View Post
                You're right. Let's stop sending children to school too because only 5 percent of them will become doctors. Here is a stat for you. The broncos have not won a game where all phases were clicking ie defense, special teams, rushing, passing... etc. One phase always carried the others and we still won. Imagine when all of them click together like a well oiled machine. We will only improve.
                Love it! We have already gotten more than we were expecting from the season. Just enjoy the ride.
                sigpic

Comment

Lucky? I don't believe in luck. You make your own luck.

Comment

One game at a time...it is all anyone can play.

We happen to be building and winning at the same time. How cool is that?

We are witnessing a turning point. Ponder got an early Christmas present by not having Von Miller to chase him around. There will be a blowout before the season is over.
                    Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

I remember when football used to be about entertaining fans.

Can anyone tell me why are we not allowed to enjoy anything?
                      Denver Broncos GM
                      Originally posted by Mosk
                      Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                        I remember when football used to be about entertaining fans.

Can anyone tell me why are we not allowed to enjoy anything?
                        Because fun is bad.
                        sigpic
                        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

To cure this so called ill I'd rather have a couple of convincing wins than a "reality check".

And regarding luck: I know it's cliche and I don't even know who's the most famous for saying it, but I always liked it. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Man, I understand what your saying but thats part of sports thats why we play the games

We can't play scared to lose or worried about a let down lets play football and have some fun. Let the chips fall where they may. We are playing with house money anyway.

Those let down teams of the past are exactly that the past. If we lose one screw it lets move on to our next win. All the way to the playoffs
                            This is me in 1979 in Denver, found this the other day. BRONCO 4 LIFE!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos2011 View Post
                              I don't mean to be the downer, but we need a reality check. I know this is not going to be a popular post, but I'm a Denver Bronco's fan for many years and I just feel a Denver let down coming this season. In our current winning streak we haven't won one game convincingly. We were lucky to beat the 2-9 Minnesota Vikings. We were lucky on all 5 games we won, it could have easily gone the OTHER way, 0-5. I think we are better than we were in the beginning of the season, but are we an Elite team? A play-off caliber team maybe not? . I'm not completely sold on Tim Tebow either. Everything is going to balance and it won't be in our favor. I can see it starting this week against the hurting Chicago Bears. All of this hype I'm seeing everywhere is just going to lead to a huge let down. We all watch the games, we all see them wining on miracle plays. The Chargers or the Raiders could bet us. Even though we beat them earlier both of those teams were player at 60% and we were playing full throttle. Our team playing at our best cannot beat the Chargers or Raiders at their best. Hopefully I'm wrong.
                              No, we are not elite. The team is what Josh McDaniels set out to create, the reason he was enamoured with Tebow, the reason he intersected youth and strength on the O-line, the reason to focus on team spirit and character.

When he was hired he said that most games are determined within a +/- 7 point differential, and that the teams that played the hardest would come out with the most wins. The team he envisioned with the players he drafted is the team we see now.

Bad luck for him that the limited depth in pass rushing and the injury to Doom cost so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X