Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit should John Fox get for our season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much credit should John Fox get for our season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcRlk...&feature=g-all

First of all, I think it's hilarious that Smith is texting when Bayless is talking at first. Funny stuff

Second, I like Bayless, since he always supported Tebow, but I disagree. Tebow is NOT the complete reason our season turned around. He's helped, but Fox has done a great job reviving our running game, helped our defense, and has been a great coach in general. I like Fox. IMO, he's a great head coach and I'm happy to have him.

Third, boy does this debate get heated
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

I think that it is Fox and Tebow together that have this ship on an even keel. Fox controls the practice off the field and Tebow controls the playing on the field. They are both 2 parts of the same whole.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm a Tebow fan, but Skip is an idiot. Stephen A wins this one...
      sigpic

Comment

He gets some credit for going to TT when he should of been starting in the first place, but that's another story for another day.

He should get major credit for the D, especially hiring DA who's been great for us at DC.

Bringing in new coaches on D, adding the likes of Miller, Carter, Bunk, and others.

Fox has done a great job in Year 1.

Scary thought how good we'll be with 2-3 more good drafts..

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          He gets some credit for going to TT when he should of been starting in the first place, but that's another story for another day.

He should get major credit for the D, especially hiring DA who's been great for us at DC.

Bringing in new coaches on D, adding the likes of Miller, Carter, Bunk, and others.

Fox has done a great job in Year 1.

Scary thought how good we'll be with 2-3 more good drafts..
          Think of how much better the defense would be (and will be next year) if Ty Warren didn't have a freak bicep injury before the season.

Comment

We ask a simple question: Is there room on the Li’l Timmy Train for John Fox?

You know John Fox. He’s the guy who took a 1-15 Carolina Panthers team and turned it into a 7-9 team his first year with Rodney Peete at quarterback.

Fox! Fox! Fox!

The guy who took a 28th-ranked Carolina defense under George Seifert in 2001 and turned it into a 5th ranked scoring defense in 2002.

Fox! Fox! Fox!

The guy who took a quarterback named Jake Delhomme, he of 86 career passes and two career starts to his name, made him the starter and went 5-1 in his first six games, averaging 19.5 points on offense and 17 on defense.

Fox! Fox! Fox!

The guy who took a guy named Tebow, he of 82 career passes and three career starts to his name, made him the starter and went 5-1 in his first six games, averaging 19.3 points on offense and 20 on defense.

Fox! Fox! Fox!

Get the picture? Spot a trend? The common freight car in this train isn’t Tebow, Delhomme, or Von Miller. It’s John Fox. The guy who made it to the Super Bowl in year two of his head coaching career.
            This was in the preview of the Vikes game on CHFF, the thread title reminded me of it.
            sigpic
            - ★ -
            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Fox revamped the D, and took a huge leap of faith installing an option package that was ridiculed. Fox has made significant changes to make us succesful
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                I'm a Tebow fan, but Skip is an idiot. Stephen A wins this one...
                While it is unpopular here, I think the credit goes to Josh McDaniels. At least 23 other HCs did not see the value in Tebow that we now see. This guy set out to build a tough team that would fight, scratch, bite their way to victories. He set out to build a team of players that valued the team first. Aside from Miller and McGahee no other major contributor was brought in by the current regime.

McDaniels saw the light and started digging the tunnel - the walls caved in a few times, people got injured and couldn't perform, the tunnel was the right project though.

Fox and Elway are like the rescue crew above ground that give the trapped workers a hand through the last few feet.
                Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 12-10-2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

This whole issue about "who gets credit" is silly to me. It is media invented and can only hurt our teams locker room.

EVERYONE DESERVES CREDIT!

Coaches deserve credit. Von Miller and the D deserve credit. McGahee deserves credit. Our WR's who block and don't whine about it deserve credit. Kicking game deserves credit, and Yes, TEBOW deserves alot of credit too. Everyone deserves alot of credit.

Lets agree that everyone deserves credit and just focus on winning

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan1982 View Post
                    This whole issue about "who gets credit" is silly to me. It is media invented and can only hurt our teams locker room.

EVERYONE DESERVES CREDIT!

Coaches deserve credit. Von Miller and the D deserve credit. McGahee deserves credit. Our WR's who block and don't whine about it deserve credit. Kicking game deserves credit, and Yes, TEBOW deserves alot of credit too. Everyone deserves alot of credit.

Lets agree that everyone deserves credit and just focus on winning
                    I agree 100%.

Having said that...I'm REALLY glad we hired John Fox, because it seems like the right call.
                    sigpic

Comment

Fox deserves most of the credit, imo. The players are doing there jobs but Fox came in and changed everything up then changed up the offens again when they switched QBs. Fox is Coach of the Year, IMO. Maybe Harbaugh in SF though.
                      sigpic

Comment

I say let the season play out...

I'm happy with the job that has been done thus far and I like having confidence in the team again ... John Fox is the Head Coach and in the success of the team he gets credited for it regardless as the sum of his career is not going to be judge on this season ...
                        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by FD CO View Post
                          Think of how much better the defense would be (and will be next year) if Ty Warren didn't have a freak bicep injury before the season.
                          True but McBean has been good for us, though, a rotation of Bunk, Thomas, McBean, Warren would be pretty damn solid....

Comment

This is non-sense. Just like Tebow doesn't deserve credit, neither does fox.

They're all on the team, and the team is KILLING it right now.

Comment

In the game of football at any level, head coaches are responsible for how the team performs since it is their job to lead the effort in preparing to win games.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X