Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit should John Fox get for our season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the coach didn't matter then why did Elway put so much effort into finding the right guy? Remember that Shanahan did what Reeves failed to do. Just ask yourself the question 'Would this team be 7-5 under JMD, or 0-12?'

Comment

Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
      If the coach didn't matter then why did Elway put so much effort into finding the right guy? Remember that Shanahan did what Reeves failed to do. Just ask yourself the question 'Would this team be 7-5 under JMD, or 0-12?'
      Under Mcdaniels I think this run game is still a joke and the defense is still lacking really badly. I think Tebow would be forced to play in an offense where he wouldn't be fit and if Orton was playing he would be injured or sucking because he would have to be the enitre offense. I seriously don't see what the 2010 Broncos could have done to beat any team besides maybe Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
        Second, I like Bayless, since he always supported Tebow, but I disagree. Tebow is NOT the complete reason our season turned around. He's helped, but Fox has done a great job reviving our running game, helped our defense, and has been a great coach in general. I like Fox. IMO, he's a great head coach and I'm happy to have him.
        1. Fox was willing to throw out huge chunks of the playbook when it became clear that Timmy couldn't play them and institute a college-style option offense that played to Timmy's strengths.
        2. While Dennis Allen is the Defensive Coordinator, he works with Fox, who is a defensive-minded coach and was responsible for our defensive draft that helped us get people like Von Miller and also in how Miller and Doom are used to attack the QB and make teams one dimensional.
        3. Fox was willing to commit to the running game, partly because passing wasn't Timmy's strength but also because if it's successful you can keep the opposing team's offense and QB off the field for longer periods of time and are less likely to turn the ball over. When the team struggled with the run, he was willing to double-down and keep running. Also, a strong running offense in Denver's thin air goes a long way to wearing a team down over the course of the game, giving us an edge in the fourth quarter.
        4. He is supportive not only of his players but also his subordinate coaching staff, working with them on an overall plan but also willing to give them the lead on something and let them coach and call plays. For example, Fox could probably call the defensive plays and do the defensive game plans, but he lets Dennis Allen do that and works with him if he thinks something isn't what it needs to be, then on game day, Allen calls the defense.

I personally think Fox should be in the discussion for Coach of the Year honors, even though it will likely go to Harbaugh in San Francisco.
        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          No offense but you have no clue what you are talking about. With it be the one year anniversary since Mcdaniels was fired players were asked in interviews this week about and what the difference was. One of Mcdaniels uys in Britton Colquitt said the atmosphere is so much different and if you go watch that you will see them say that. Britton Colquitt said the difference from last year was light and day.

I will give you that some of Mcdaniels guys are now making plays but Mcdaniels in no way deserves credit and more than Fox. That may be the single most laughable thing I have heard in a while.

Fox is a real coach. Mcdaniels will more than likely be out of a job come January and I hope he is. Then I hope he has to go back to being a position coach. Well deserving if you ask me.

1: Mcdaniels did not build a tough team what so ever. He ran a team which could not run the ball or stop the run. It was a mentally weak physically soft football team under hurricane Mcdaniels.

2: Yes he did bring in some good guys but it is not like every team is bringing in criminals off the streets. Mcdaniels though wasn't about integrity or character. He cheated for christs sake.

3: Two of if the two biggest contributors on this football team are Mcgahee and Miller. I say without them two we are not on this run. A 1000 yard runner and a double digit sack artist. Please. And our best defensive tackle. Bunkley.

4: You know why people didn't perform. Cause he was a bad coach. He didn't
          put his players in the best position to have success. Running a 3-4 with clear 4-3 personeel. That is a huge reason for the change. Running a man scheme when we had the players to run a zone. Now what are we doin. We are majoring in zone blocking.

5: Fox is a way better head coach then Josh Mcdaniels was here. That is fact. What is a head coach suppose to do. Give confidence to his players. Put his players in the best postion to have success. Let his coaches coach and have good managment skills. Look. Mcdaniels has none of them while Fox has all of them.

Fox >>>>>>>>> Mcdaniels

Now on Skip Bayless. The biggest dumb ass in the sports media world.

He is such a Tebow fan. He is nothing more than that. He should not be allowed to speak on the topic.

First off he shows how much of a dumb ass he is. He comes out and uses the 4th string thing rumor to use against Fox. He this whole time gawked at that report to say he was never 4th string. Now he wants to use it to put down the head coach.

Get this dumb ass Skip Bayless off the television. He is a complete idiot. Steven A owns this one. I would love to see Skip Bayless get his face smashed in. And I would love to do it.
          You must have a massively inflated ego - and maybe moderating the tone of your posts might be appropriate.

For Skip Bayless - he as one of the few commentators have maintained that the negativity towards Tebow was uncalled for. Maintaining that if Tebow has a bad game it is no more serious than if anyone else does. He has been a beacon of sanity - albeit he has reacted to the unjust hate toward Tebow by going the other way.

As for you calling me clueless, I take it lightly to have things like that thrown out there by people that seem a few sandwiches short of a picknick.

Offcause the atmosphere is better in a lockerroom after going 6-1 in the last seven games than a year ago when the team had gone 1-6 in their last seven games.

As for totally undocumented slander you throw towards Josh McDaniels, he was acquitted by the NFL investigation of cheating - he was fined for not reporting as other coaches have been in the past.

As for not understanding that the injury situation last year undermined the team and by extension the HC is the story about the sandwiches. We started the season with no running backs, no veterans healthy on the O-Line and our only quality pass rusher out for the season.

We now have one of the youngest offences in the NFL, and they can be a force for 7-10 years without major upgrades. This all dropped into Fox hands.

Comment

Originally posted by psychobilly View Post
            Or would they be 10-2?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
              You must have a massively inflated ego - and maybe moderating the tone of your posts might be appropriate.
              Hows that ?

For Skip Bayless - he as one of the few commentators have maintained that the negativity towards Tebow was uncalled for. Maintaining that if Tebow has a bad game it is no more serious than if anyone else does. He has been a beacon of sanity - albeit he has reacted to the unjust hate toward Tebow by going the other way.
              Skip Bayless is an idiot. SHows it constantly on every topic he speaks of. Guy is a show man with no understanding of the sports he speaks of. From Basketball to Football to whatever he else he discusses.

As for you calling me clueless, I take it lightly to have things like that thrown out there by people that seem a few sandwiches short of a picknick.
              Okay. So you are saying I am now. Well for one I got CP for that post from a few people. 2 everything I said is the truth about Mcdaniels. What you said was completely laughable and yes. Clueless on your behalf.

Offcause the atmosphere is better in a lockerroom after going 6-1 in the last seven games than a year ago when the team had gone 1-6 in their last seven games.
              It was in reference to the culture that is being set by coach Fox and how it was different to Mcdaniels. Come on. You have to know that the guy had no people skills. He showed very little respect for his players. They are pro's and they are men. You can't treat them like pieces of crap.

As for totally undocumented slander you throw towards Josh McDaniels, he was acquitted by the NFL investigation of cheating - he was fined for not reporting as other coaches have been in the past.
              He tried to hide it and held the infomation to himself. He didn't want to dob in his cheating buddy which he brought over from new England. He was then dobbed in by his own coaches. The guy had completely lost the lockerroom. From coaches to the players.

As for not understanding that the injury situation last year undermined the team and by extension the HC is the story about the sandwiches. We started the season with no running backs, no veterans healthy on the O-Line and our only quality pass rusher out for the season.
              Ryan Harris was injured to start the season. Kuper was banged up as a lot of guys are in the NFL. Beadles move to RT even though it was evident he should have been the guard but for whatever reason Mcdaniels didn't see it. Moreno started the first game of the season against Jacksonville and Buckhalter was also good to go. They both played. So yeah they were good to go once the season rolled around. They got banged up during camp but were fine to start the season.

We now have one of the youngest offences in the NFL, and they can be a force for 7-10 years without major upgrades. This all dropped into Fox hands.
              Yes but he knows how to use the talent. Mcdaniels didn't. And you just so happened to skip many points of mine for some reason. You know they are right perhaps ? Go back and compare your original post and that post you just quoted. Anyone can see you don't know what you are saying at all

Comment

Or would they be 10-2?
                Good one.

Comment

I love Fox. I liked the hire, and he's done a fantastic job. The players are playing for each other, are motivated, and look like a TEAM. He's putting the players in positions to succeed, andnthe players are executing.

Don't forget Dennis Allen. Even the mich maligned Mike McCoy desreves some.credit.

Great job by the coaching staff top to bottom.

Comment

To the originally posed question:

a lot

Comment

John Fox is my favorite HC since Red Miller.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Or would they be 10-2?
                        I doubt it. McD would likely not have drafted Miller and the defense would still suck big time with no QB pressure and giving the receivers a 10 yard cushion.

Comment

Fox and Dennis Allen should both get a ton of credit for this turn around. It has been an amazing year.
                          sigpic
                          MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE!

2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!!

Originally posted by Jay3
                          Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron.moberg View Post
                            Fox and Dennis Allen should both get a ton of credit for this turn around. It has been an amazing year.
                            as bad as it sounds, right now i kinda want to fire fox and make dennis allen our HC, we can't let him get stolen from us. we may be able to last this offseason, but next offseason we may be screwed, we just need to make sure we keep him even if at HC
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Fox deserves some consideration for coach of the year. Harbaugh might be the favorite but everyone thought he was a good coach, he was seen as the top candidate available and put the team with the 7th worst record on top of the NFC West. Fox was not re-signed by the Panthers, so his image was not that good. They let him walk and people thought he was an outdated, boring coach for today's game. He put the team with the 2nd worst record on top of the AFC West. Fox and the Broncos have been a big surprise this season. Obviously, this conversation depends on the final record in the regular season and playoff run. I think the winner will not be announced until late January or early February.
                              sigpic

Comment

Fox!!!!!

This is somewhat redundant, and I posted it before in another thread - but look at the difference a year makes.

Think about what Fox and company have done in less than a year.

What Fox inherited from “The Brat”:

Horrible Defense.
                                Can not stop the run.
                                No pressure on the Quarterback (without a healthy Doom).
                                No decent young talent in the secondary.

Horrible Front Line (Offense).
                                Scrapped Zone Blocking (that was the envy of the league for over 2 decades).

No running game!

“Game Manager” quarterback with no heart or ability to lead and inspire.
                                Horrible “Red Zone” Offense.

Dubious Special Teams.

No extension for Champ.

Locker room in disarray. (Can not deal effectively with talent at any level.)

Micro management at every level.

Video Gate 2 scandal.

Constant bad press.

Late season breakdowns.

Huge blow outs to division rivals.

2-14 record.

Dubious draft and free agent moves.

All this has changed in less than a year and the Broncos look playoff bound.

Okay, now let’s also talk incredibly innovative playbook design and development of a young raw talent at quarterback.

Fox and company do not get near enough credit.
                                "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Working...
                                X