Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit should John Fox get for our season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by SM19
    Probably most of the credit. It seems to me that Fox knows he doesn't have a particularly good team, and he's adopted a high-variance strategy (specifically trying to minimize the number of possessions in the game) to improve our chances of winning any given matchup. We've had a lot of luck in our wins (few turnovers of our own, defensive touchdowns, big plays coming at the most opportune times), and we can't count on that to continue, but Fox has put us in a position to make the most out of that luck while we've had it.
    First off I'd like to apologize to Coach Fox for initially not having any hope for his future or ours as HC of the Broncos.

The crow is digesting slowly

I disagree with your assessment of this team not being particularly good. They just weren't motivated/inspired/buying in, etc.

The lineup is the same one that lost the first 4 out of 5 sans Tim.

The bonding agent turned out to be TT and I give the coaching staff and FO credit for taking a flyer on him and giving it their all. Finally thinking outside the box :thumb:

Now for those pesky Bears...

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
    Fox deserves A LOT of credit

let's go

Tebow, O-line and Magahee 30%
    Defense 30%
    Fox 30%
    Elway 10% (for hiring Fox and not being overly hard headed about Orton)
    We have one of the best special teams and teamers (Colquitt) in the NFL. And Prater is clutch. The deserve a tone of credit.

I say stop with the percentages

Leave a comment:

• Mk2_Tebow
    replied
    Fox deserves A LOT of credit

let's go

Tebow, O-line and Magahee 30%
    Defense 30%
    Fox 30%
    Elway 10% (for hiring Fox and not being overly hard headed about Orton)

Leave a comment:

• psychobilly
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    this thread should be redone as how much credit does he get for tim tebow being on the bench to start the season and the first five games, is more teh question to me. it was obvious this was the year tim would prove one way or another if he is starting caliber QB, and he obviously proved he is so why was he on the bench starting the season. how much credit does fox get for starting Kyle Orton. simply thats the question in my mind right now.
    I think Fox should be applauded for making the decision to yank him after only 5 games when history ( vis a vis Jake Delhomme) might have suggested he would go with Orton all season.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Dear dork54

Originally posted by dork54 View Post
    Fox should drop to one knee and do a little Tebowing. Without that guy.....his team would be competing with the Colts for Luck. Then it would be two more years of struggles to become competitive with Andrew trying to figure out how to play in the NFL.
    John Fox had Mike McCoy redesign the Denver Bronco O around Tim Tebow to help him and the team succeed. This bold decision was made and implemented mid-season, not easy to do.

Consider the law of cause and effect.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    What I like about Fox is the toughness he's brought to our roster. It had been missing for several years. He's been a great hire and he gets a ton of credit for this turnaround.

Tebow has a big part in this too, there's no denying it anymore. Same case can be made for Von Miller. Both have changed our team mightily on each side of the line.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    my number one requirement for my starting QB is the it factor, last year it was obvious that tebow had IT and Kyle Orton Didn't
    Cool. What is "it". Excitment and passion and desire ? That doesn't convert 3rd downs or win ball games alone. And how is it shown in practise. You have to earn your role in practise. No player gets an oppurtunity to play without earning it in practise.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Of course he watched the tape. But in camp in person on the practise field and in the pre season Orton was far better. The Orton awful play was not something I am sure Fox expected at all.

I wouldn't say the team played lights out better when Tebow took over. We beat an awful Texans team (nothing taken away from Tebow) and lost too two other non playoffs team. We had played a few good games on defense against KC when Orton was awful. They were decent in a few games. It was so up and down all over the field even when Tebow took over.
    my number one requirement for my starting QB is the it factor, last year it was obvious that tebow had IT and Kyle Orton Didn't

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    it was there last year, you can't tell me he didn't watch flim of his new team, an idiot would not film of there new team, you could easily tell there was something when tebow got into games or started the team seem to play better. it was obvious the end of last season
    Of course he watched the tape. But in camp in person on the practise field and in the pre season Orton was far better. The Orton awful play was not something I am sure Fox expected at all.

I wouldn't say the team played lights out better when Tebow took over. We beat an awful Texans team (nothing taken away from Tebow) and lost too two other non playoffs team. We had played a few good games on defense against KC when Orton was awful. They were decent in a few games. It was so up and down all over the field even when Tebow took over.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    it was there last year, you can't tell me he didn't watch flim of his new team, an idiot would not film of there new team, you could easily tell there was something when tebow got into games or started the team seem to play better. it was obvious the end of last season

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    this thread should be redone as how much credit does he get for tim tebow being on the bench to start the season and the first five games, is more teh question to me. it was obvious this was the year tim would prove one way or another if he is starting caliber QB, and he obviously proved he is so why was he on the bench starting the season. how much credit does fox get for starting Kyle Orton. simply thats the question in my mind right now.
    Kyle Orton was the smart choice going into the season. He dominated in camp and Tebow was bad in camp. In practise you need to prove yourself. That is how it is. You don't get a pass for being regarded as a bad practise player and a gamer. You need to earn playing time in practise. Guys never get to earn their playing time in real games. And in the pre season games Tebow was also pretty bad. So Fox made the right choice going into the season and any coach on a no off season year as a new hire would go with the Vet who showed in camp and pre season he might be a very good QB. Fox could not predict the awful play of Orton based off the pre season and camp.

Fox had only seen the practise player Orton and was impressed and rightfully so. He couldn't see the awful play come the regular season.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by dork54 View Post
    Fox should drop to one knee and do a little Tebowing. Without that guy.....his team would be competing with the Colts for Luck. Then it would be two more years of struggles to become competitive with Andrew trying to figure out how to play in the NFL.
    This sort of comment is explained by one of two things.

1: Tebow follower
    2: No clue

Leave a comment:

• dadx4
    replied
    Speaking of McDaniels, I am sure there are people on here that need a plate of crow, including the front office.

Leave a comment:

• dadx4
    replied
    You would have to say 40%....because we were 1-4 before he reallized that a pretty pass and a pocket passer wasn't winning games. He FINALLY went in another direction and was still slow in designing the O around Tebow so I will go with 40%....Tebow could win 40 Super Bowls in a row and Steve Smith will never give him credit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X