Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elway and Fox have to decide whether this style of offense can win a superbowl.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Denver ran for 150yards against Minnesota.

    Comment


    • #32
      This is the only time I have ever seen Tim get hurt and knocked out of a game... and it happened in the pocket...

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPWqa2cqWM0
      Denver 34 Oakland 16

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Coach9 View Post
        Denver ran for 150yards against Minnesota.
        Didn't literally mean that Denver didn't run the ball at all. 150 years is well under Denver's average and Tebow only ran the ball 4 times. They were much more pass oriented in the 2nd half as opposed to passing being an afterthought.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
          Didn't literally mean that Denver didn't run the ball at all. 150 years is well under Denver's average and Tebow only ran the ball 4 times. They were much more pass oriented in the 2nd half as opposed to passing being an afterthought.
          They only had fifty plays, nineteen before halftime. Passing was up.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
            Ummm, yeah, Denver didn't run against the Vikings and Tebow had a good game, but some/much of that can be attributed to the Vikings selling out to stop the run, which leads to man to man coverage or cover/Tampa 2 with Safeties cheating up towards the line of scrimmage.

            If the Broncos try to convert to a "traditional" passing offense, then the defensive schemes used against them will change.

            This is where the whole "passing window" thing comes into play along with Tebow's ability to read defense.
            Then you just start using the read/option again and run it down their throats. Or just a plain old running game, either way it is a win win situation for your offense.

            It is why so many people equate football to chess. Moves and counter moves is the name of the game.
            People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.



            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              There's one awesome caveat to building the team around Tebow:LOADING up on defensive draft picks. Defense wins championships.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by mbison View Post
                Do John Elway and comp build around this style of offense or do they make Tebow transition into a more traditional style in the future? My concern is that if the Broncos stick with this specialized offense, and make draft and personnel decisions based on this, they'd better be confident that this style of offense can win a superbowl. If not, all will have to be scrapped, like what NFL teams who embraced the run-and-shoot did. Not only that, but they will have wasted opportunities to get top end talent that may not have been suited to this offense....Thoughts?
                Tebow is already transitioning. This past week the Broncos didn't run the option at all and Tebow handed off to McGahee and threw the ball, like in a more modern traditional offense.

                As Tebow's passing improves and his ability to read defenses gets better, he will move into a more traditional offensive game plan but retain the ability to run if necessary, just as Elway did.
                You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  No elway and fox have to descide whether or not they want to piss of the fanbase worse than mcd did with the cutler trade. There is no reason this decision needs to come this year. We are not picking high enough to get a good qb. We could trade up any year. Don't get ahead of things. Roll with it while its working and if it stops working the fans will understand a trade a lot better.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by mbison View Post
                    Do John Elway and comp build around this style of offense or do they make Tebow transition into a more traditional style in the future? My concern is that if the Broncos stick with this specialized offense, and make draft and personnel decisions based on this, they'd better be confident that this style of offense can win a superbowl. If not, all will have to be scrapped, like what NFL teams who embraced the run-and-shoot did. Not only that, but they will have wasted opportunities to get top end talent that may not have been suited to this offense....Thoughts?
                    I think this offense is a momentary thing. Tebow is still in need of a lot of work in terms of the conventional QB methods. Once this year is over, the team if they keep him (they should) will work on his fundamentals via OTAs. Tebow will be more focused because now he has a better understanding of what is needed of him to keep the job. I am confident that Tim Tebow will be a stud for who ever gives him more of a shot than just 3/4 of a season.
                    Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by mbison View Post
                      You think that a QB running the ball 15-20 times a game is going to get us a superbowl? That's a lot of punishment on a QB for a whole season. And if we are running a lot I'm assuming we are going to ignore the WR position for defensive players and blocking
                      How many brutal hits has Tebow taken running the ball in the last 7 games? How many brutal hits has he taken in the pocket? I have seen more of the latter than the former. Taking a hit while running away from would-be tacklers is always better than getting blindsided while stationary.

                      Regarding the offensive scheme, it will always be an option (no pun intended) but I don't think that Fox is willing to go all in with it. Which in my opinion is a shame.
                      sigpic

                      Defense wins championships

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Well to paraphrase the great Norv Turner (), you adjust and change your offense every week and all the time throughout a game.
                        sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
                          Didn't literally mean that Denver didn't run the ball at all. 150 years is well under Denver's average and Tebow only ran the ball 4 times. They were much more pass oriented in the 2nd half as opposed to passing being an afterthought.
                          It was under Denver's average by about 25%, but it was also over what the Vikings were allowing until then by about 50%.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by msusc View Post
                            No elway and fox have to descide whether or not they want to piss of the fanbase worse than mcd did with the cutler trade. There is no reason this decision needs to come this year. We are not picking high enough to get a good qb. We could trade up any year. Don't get ahead of things. Roll with it while its working and if it stops working the fans will understand a trade a lot better.
                            It is not the fan base that I think they have to worry about so much as the locker room. This team really seems to be behind Tim and if they traded him away or don't start him next season I can see them losing the locker room.

                            To me anyways that is the biggest thing they face regarding Tim.
                            People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.



                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Right now, starting any QB in the draft over Tebow next year would be a step backward.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Elway and Fox have to decide whether this style of offense can win a superbowl.

                                Which offense? This one?

                                http://youtu.be/WpJaJM4Cy8o

                                Does anyone remember the "style of offense" in this Super Bowl? I'll bet Elway does!
                                Last edited by kevlar441; 12-09-2011, 01:05 PM.
                                "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X