Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone catch me on Sirius NFL Radio talking about the liability that is Andre Goodman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone catch me on Sirius NFL Radio talking about the liability that is Andre Goodman

His two clutch interceptions (right place, right time) have overshadowed the fact that he's been terrible in coverage. The Bears see this on tape. I'm worried that Hanie has his coming out party throwing at Goodman...much like Ponder had his coming out last week.

Thoughts?
    Boss

I agree with you. People seem to forget about how bad he has been because he "made up for it" with his ints. He was driving me insane against the vikings. It felt like we had 10 men out there.

Comment

I think people need to get off the mans back. He has had two extremely good games this year against the Jets and against the Chargers. I think the bashing of him even against the Vikings was very overrated.

He plays across from the great Champ Bailey. That automatically gets more balls thrown at you and when that happens you are going to get beat a bit. He didn't give up a touchdown. Champ Bailey did. Chris Harris did. Goodman did not. In fact he made the play to get the game winning field goal.

Also he gets called for some bogus PI calls which should not be called. I like Goodman and I think he is having his worst year as a Bronco but he is the fans new whipping boy. It is what it is.

Does need to be a better tackler though.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        I think people need to get off the mans back. He has had two extremely good games this year against the Jets and against the Chargers. I think the bashing of him even against the Vikings was very overrated.

He plays across from the great Champ Bailey. That automatically gets more balls thrown at you and when that happens you are going to get beat a bit. He didn't give up a touchdown. Champ Bailey did. Chris Harris did. Goodman did not. In fact he made the play to get the game winning field goal.

Also he gets called for some bogus PI calls which should not be called. I like Goodman and I think he is having his worst year as a Bronco but he is the fans new whipping boy. It is what it is.

Does need to be a better tackler though.
        I agree sometimes he makes me crazy but hes alway gonna get more throws his way.

I really don't think he's as terrible as some people here think.
        sigpic
        photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by MightyHorse View Post
          I agree sometimes he makes me crazy but hes alway gonna get more throws his way.

I really don't think he's as terrible as some people here think.
          I dont think hes terrible, hes been pretty good as a bronco, I just think hes been pretty bad recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
            I dont think hes terrible, hes been pretty good as a bronco, I just think hes been pretty bad recently.
            He has had his two best games in the last 3 weeks

Comment

yeah I think Goodman is better than alot of people realize.

What many people don't get is look who is across the field from Goodman - arguably one of the best corners to ever play the game. More often than not, Champ is going to cover his guy better than Goody; Even IF both guys are covered, QB is more likely to throw at goody. That's why it seems like he's giving up more.

He's a stand up guy and he knows the nature of his business is that he's likely to get picked on when he's across from Champ Bailey. He even mentioned that in a post-minnesota game interview.

Comment

Actually, I think people don't know what they're talking about.

Goodman's playing off coverage with a single safety playing center field. Playing off coverage means you're not giving up anything deep. That's your #1 priority. What does that mean to not give up anything deep? It means you give up underneath stuff, you can live with that.

How many slants did we give up for TDs? How many short passes did we give up for TDs? How many TDs did we give up where Goodman was in coverage?

I don't understand what you expect from the man. All I know is that the OP, and those that agree with him don't anything about playing defense.

Comment

what does it matter if he gives up a few plays if he makes the play that wins the game. Thats what games are about winning! i dont care how many blown plays he has as long as he comes up when needed. we needed that int and he got it. Stop hating just to hate.

This is just Tebow all over again. crappy play until you need it. Tebow was forgiven because he won. Why cant Goody be granted the same pass?
                  sigpic
                  BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                    what does it matter if he gives up a few plays if he makes the play that wins the game. Thats what games are about winning! i dont care how many blown plays he has as long as he comes up when needed. we needed that int and he got it. Stop hating just to hate.

This is just Tebow all over again. crappy play until you need it. Tebow was forgiven because he won. Why cant Goody be granted the same pass?
                    That's the thing. It's not crappy play. It's technique that's designed that way. If you give a receiver a free release, how are you supposed to cover the underneath routes effectively? You're giving them the underneath to keep from giving up the big play. The strategy is to not give up the big play and make the offense put together 10 to 15 play drives. Goody was the only one of our corners not giving up the big play on Sunday.

Here are the 3 TDs that we gave up in Goodman's "supposedly" bad game. Kyle Rudolph. Who was in coverage? Quinton Carter. Percy Harvin scored. Who was in coverage? Chris Harris. Percy Harvin scored again. Who was in coverage? Champ Bailey.

So, you're picking on the only one of our top 3 corners who didn't give up a TD on Sunday? Please. :nono:

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                      Here are the 3 TDs that we gave up in Goodman's "supposedly" bad game. Kyle Rudolph. Who was in coverage? Quinton Carter. Percy Harvin scored. Who was in coverage? Chris Harris. Percy Harvin scored again. Who was in coverage? Champ Bailey.

So, you're picking on the only one of our top 3 corners who didn't give up a TD on Sunday? Please. :nono:
                      Thats what was annoying me about people bashing Goodman. He was the only one to not give up a huge play and force the offense to get into a shoot out. That was the guys you mentioned.

Comment

That's the thing. It's not crappy play. It's technique that's designed that way. If you give a receiver a free release, how are you supposed to cover the underneath routes effectively? You're giving them the underneath to keep from giving up the big play. The strategy is to not give up the big play and make the offense put together 10 to 15 play drives. Goody was the only one of our corners not giving up the big play on Sunday.

Excellent points. I can live with giving up a few short plays if at the end of the series it prevents a TD.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually, I think people don't know what they're talking about.

Goodman's playing off coverage with a single safety playing center field. Playing off coverage means you're not giving up anything deep. That's your #1 priority. What does that mean to not give up anything deep? It means you give up underneath stuff, you can live with that.

How many slants did we give up for TDs? How many short passes did we give up for TDs? How many TDs did we give up where Goodman was in coverage?

I don't understand what you expect from the man. All I know is that the OP, and those that agree with him don't anything about playing defense.
                          :clap:

Well said.
                          sigpic
                          - ★ -
                          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

I agree.

Andre Goodman is a very good cover corner. He isn't a great tackler, but he has come up in run support this season better than anyone would have predicted. If you want someone lined up inside a receiver to close slant and force the WR outside by jamming at LOS, Goodman isn't the first choice.

He's doing a great job and doesn't deserve to be made a scapegoat on these threads. He isn't a liability, but is an asset Dennis Allen knows how to employ.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Goodman may not be the shutdown corner that everybody wants. Let me ask you; Do we have anybody on the roster (not injured) that can step in and do a better job? In the end, you just have to play the hand your dealt and hope for the best. Goodman will be here until someone better comes along.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X