Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone catch me on Sirius NFL Radio talking about the liability that is Andre Goodman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
    Bottom line for me, is Champ gives him mad props, so I do too.
    That right there is convincing evidence.

Very good points in this thread.

I think we have been spoiled by having Champ here for so long...
    corners cant stop every single pass.

Look at what Demaryus did with the short pass from Tim against the Vikes.. TD.
    If Goodman is not letting that happen...
    if he is playing the scheme they are telling him to play...
    then I can see that he is doing his job..
    even though it may look like he is giving up pass after pass.

His clutch pick last week WON that game.

I am not thinking Goodman is a horrible player at all.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
      That right there is convincing evidence.

Very good points in this thread.

I think we have been spoiled by having Champ here for so long...
      corners cant stop every single pass.

Look at what Demaryus did with the short pass from Tim against the Vikes.. TD.
      If Goodman is not letting that happen...
      if he is playing the scheme they are telling him to play...
      then I can see that he is doing his job..
      even though it may look like he is giving up pass after pass.

His clutch pick last week WON that game.

I am not thinking Goodman is a horrible player at all.
      This is hilarious. As long as a player isn't giving up TDs, he is playing within the scheme. You guys can disagree with my opinion... that's fine. But please don't pretend to ANYTHING about the scheme our defensive coordinator deploys each week. That's beyond all of our pay grades.

And to assume that every time a completed pass on Goodman is a product of the scheme is awfully generous of you guys. I hope the front office isn't as generous at the end of the year.

Lastly, for the love of God, please stop referring to his last two interceptions. The Minnesota pick was handed to him on a silver platter. The Jets pick was a good play made on a not so good pass. I'll give him credit for that play. However, before that play Plaxico was owning him. Mayock called this out during the game - it's indisputable.

I hope I'm wrong about this week but I suspect Mike Martz is seeing the same thing. Martz offenses are about exploiting match ups. I expect Goody to have another long day at the office.
      Boss

Comment

O, and do we really expect Champ to call out a teammate for underperforming? C'mon fellas..
        Boss

Comment

I have cussed Goodie out on more than one occasion (and I'm being conservative here) but what really stands out to me is this:

In the past couple weeks many reporters have asked about Goodie to the coaches and the players. Keeping in mind I know that NONE of them would say well Goodie's been struggling and he better pick his game up, but they're saying nothing but positive stuff and we have to keep in mind noone is going to press Champ if they don't have to.

Under the circumstances Goodie has done well. Opposite Champ has got to be tougher than most other CB positions around the league. '

So here I am, cussing out Goodie then seeing all of our players and coaches blanketing Goodie with respect and other positives about his play saying what a pro he is etc.

I resolve to not conclude I know what I'm talking about and wait and see because the players and coaches know a lot more about it than I do. And this is keeping in mind players and coaches stay politically correct for the media.

He must be better and do more for the team than only the times when I see him get beat. I think it is safe to say that Goodie could be right on the line though
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by BossBruce View Post
            His two clutch interceptions (right place, right time) have overshadowed the fact that he's been terrible in coverage. The Bears see this on tape. I'm worried that Hanie has his coming out party throwing at Goodman...much like Ponder had his coming out last week.

Thoughts?
            Tebow's 4th quarter performances have overshadowed his 3 quarters of non-productivity. What's your point?

The defense's job is to stop the other team from scoring. For the most part, the Broncos defense has kept the other teams from scoring a lot of points and has kept the games close.

The defense was every bit as instrumental in beating the Vikings as any of the team's other units. That includes Goodman's play.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

The biggest, and only kick I have on Goodman is he shies away from contact, he doesn't tackle worth a dang. But that is about it, for as many times as he gets targeted he does pretty well opposite Champ.
              People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

His two clutch interceptions (right place, right time) have overshadowed the fact that he's been terrible in coverage. The Bears see this on tape. I'm worried that Hanie has his coming out party throwing at Goodman...much like Ponder had his coming out last week.

Thoughts?
                I disagree.. One pick yes right place right time. But the pick 6 against shancez was skill. He jumped that route.
                sigpic Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Comment

It's an area we are going to have to address in the offseason - period. We're aging and thin. Goodman has made some plays, but he's definitely part of the bigger issue.
                  Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

The question you have to ask yourself is can we find an upgrade in next years draft? Unless Syd' comes back and lights the league on fire, Goodman is in his last couple of years at DB. As much as I appreciate Goodman's play, at times he does give up huge yardage and is on the wrong side of 30. He can't play forever, he is no Champ after all.
                    sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                      if the jets or vikings were his best games, than he is terrible.

Plaxico abused Andre on a whole drive, and Devin Aromashadu looked like Cris Carter against him.
                      How many TDs did Plaxico score? How many TDs did Aromashadu score?

Get the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                        How many TDs did Plaxico score? How many TDs did Aromashadu score?

Get the picture?
                        Come on, man.
                        Giving up huge yardage, allowing the other team to score points even though the TD wasn't scored on you ... That's a Pyrrhic victory.
                        sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

This is hilarious. As long as a player isn't giving up TDs, he is playing within the scheme. You guys can disagree with my opinion... that's fine. But please don't pretend to ANYTHING about the scheme our defensive coordinator deploys each week. That's beyond all of our pay grades.

And to assume that every time a completed pass on Goodman is a product of the scheme is awfully generous of you guys. I hope the front office isn't as generous at the end of the year.

Lastly, for the love of God, please stop referring to his last two interceptions. The Minnesota pick was handed to him on a silver platter. The Jets pick was a good play made on a not so good pass. I'll give him credit for that play. However, before that play Plaxico was owning him. Mayock called this out during the game - it's indisputable.

I hope I'm wrong about this week but I suspect Mike Martz is seeing the same thing. Martz offenses are about exploiting match ups. I expect Goody to have another long day at the office.
                          Good players take advantage of opportunities, he got opportunities and made plays period. A bad DB would have not made the ints, dropped them not seen it etc. Regardless if it was "luck" "right place" whatever the opportunity was there and he took advantage.
                          sigpic
                          BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                            Come on, man.
                            Giving up huge yardage, allowing the other team to score points even though the TD wasn't scored on you ... That's a Pyrrhic victory.
                            Huge yards, huh?

Plaxico Burress had 4 catchs for 64 yards and 0 TDs. That's huge?

Aromashadu had 6 catches for 90 yards and 0 TDs. Is that huge?

Percy Harvin had 8 catches for 156 yards and 2 TDs. Goodman didn't cover Harvin. So why are we all over Goodman?

How do you crucify the corner if you don't even know what the corner's job is? That's my question. You nor the OP knows the corners job within the scope of the defense. You're upset because he didn't shut the receiver down. The technique he uses to cover wouldn't shut the corner down. It's designed to not give up the big play. Period. And he didn't.

You're asking for a shutdown performance. And that's not going to happen with the technique (off coverage) involved.
                            Last edited by Crazy8; 12-09-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Goodman is a great #2 CB.............#2 CB

What you want a team that has the best player at their position at every spot. We'll that's impossible a team carries 4, 5, 6 CB. The ability to clone Champ 6 times is impossible...........I mean crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up first.

Is Goodman perfect or the best CB in the NFL.....umm NO.

IS Goodman a good #2 CB...You better believe it and if you don't you better rethink what a #2 CB is and you better reevaluate your concept of what it takes to build a team.... The ability to pay every player on your team $8 million + a year is not possible in the realm of reality.

I love the BLitz it MOSTLY does great things for you. Nothing is 100% 100% of the time. The Blitz will leave the secondary vulnerable OCASSIOINALY.

Goodman is a more then acceptable #2 and the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

I mean what you think we'd be better with out him on the team or with a undrafted FA rookie at the #2 CB spot.

Do we need to bring in talented youth in our secondary...........you better believe we do.

Bottom line is Goodman is a really good #2 CB..........#2 CB, if not really good then more then acceptable.

For real......really real! You sould get some.
                              I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                                Huge yards, huh?

Plaxico Burress had 4 catchs for 64 yards and 0 TDs. That's huge?

Aromashadu had 6 catches for 90 yards and 0 TDs. Is that huge?

Percy Harvin had 8 catches for 156 yards and 2 TDs. Goodman didn't cover Harvin. So why are we all over Goodman?

How do you crucify the corner if you don't even know what the corner's job is? That's my question. You nor the OP knows the corners job within the scope of the defense. You're upset because he didn't shut the receiver down. The technique he uses to cover wouldn't shut the corner down. It's designed to not give up the big play. Period. And he didn't.

You're asking for a shutdown performance. And that's not going to happen with the technique (off coverage) involved.
                                I am defending Goody, but to be fair Goodman did cover Harvin for a bit.
                                sigpic
                                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Working...
                                X